Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 05:08

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 51 minutes | Nyheim City

Sources of smoke.

Remove non-player made sources of smoke?   

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have noticed, that sources of smoke on the map (smoke coming out of chimneys etc) has significant impact on FPS + that large amounts of it actually make City feel more like populated area instead of post-apocalyptic one. So, I'd like to suggest to strongly reduce or remove non-player made sources of smoke in the city. 

• MVP

Works as intended. The city is supposed to feel like an operating one. It will tank some FPS indeed but we just need to live with it.

• Diamond

I understand the Smoke sim causing problems. However, the smoke is awesome. Also the smoke sims may not be the FPS destroyer… perhaps it’s the number of players on the server. Or even the amount of assets in the area your in! 

Who knows? I just hope ya enjoying the map so far! 

• Developer

I already reduced the amount of smoke significantly and have no intention of removing it as long as it fits the lore.

• Diamond

Keep it. I get lag when people are near. Not from the smoke. 

• Diamond

I get lag from the smoke when I’m up on the highway near it.  It seems like it operates the same way as people—if you’re not near it, then it doesn’t cause problems.  So I just avoid the overpass, as much as that sucks.

• Emerald

The smoke makes no affect on my fps in the slightest, it is to give the affect that the city has a bussing population, and factories are working and houses are lived in. keep them in.. if they really tank your fps then i suggest you upgrade your pc...

• MVP

Smoke doesnt affect my performance, its likely the players, as the only time I have fps drops is when the entire population is in one spot.