Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 04:21

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 14 hours, 38 minutes | Nyheim City

Bring back Wall of Shame and "Latest DayZRP News" ticker

Whitename

Do it  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• MVP

It was just a bit of fun. I miss the wall of shame more than the ticker but either way. Bring them back papa @Roland

• MVP

idk what this ticker is, but wall of shame still exists for staff afaik?

bring them back, they were good fun. bring back meme thread too

• MVP

Na, the Hall of Shame has been buried for a good minute, let it stay gone. No need for it imo. Why give people more reasons to break rules just to compete to make it on the list lmao. If you think that people fucking up and getting put up on the hall of shame is fun to look at then just go read past reports and get your fix pal 👌.

Office Space No GIF

But let that shit stay dead for the love of god!

• MVP
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, cas said:

idk what this ticker is, but wall of shame still exists for staff afaik?

bring them back, they were good fun. bring back meme thread too

The ticker goes across the top of the page and is pretty much a ticker to let the community know who has gotten points or lost points lately. Displayed almost like a stock ticker with a red or green arrow going up or down based on which happens.

Edit: Bring it back, why not? Not like the community doesn't already form it's own wall of shame through word of mouth.

Edited by OwOgleSimp
typos
  • MVP

Ticker was nice for like, "Recent activity" kinda thing. Maybe we can repurpose it for that "Just opened a box and got X" thing? As well as staff posts and/or announcements.

But for the love of god don't bring the Hall of Shame back, that shit only egged the high rollers to try and increase their max points earned, that's definitely not the kind of community we need right now. Or have ever needed. 😂

• Emerald

Wall of shame is sick bring it back +1000

• Game Master

Ticker sure, fairly harmless.

Hall of Shame is still around if you have the perms 😎 but its definitely not needed. We shouldn’t be promoting bad behaviour 

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Queerios said:

Ticker sure, fairly harmless.

Hall of Shame is still around if you have the perms 😎 but its definitely not needed. We shouldn’t be promoting bad behaviour 

i think a public wall of shame is not "promoting" bad behaviour.
Rather discouraging it.

Edited by Knight
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)

This community needs things to bring it closer together and repair OOC relationships, and create a more positive atmosphere. It needs things to unite people and show them that they have more incommon with each other than they think. I don't think a wall of shame is step in the right direction, maybe a few threads that people can unite around other games and play with each other, bond and have some fun. That IMO is a much better idea.

Edited by Craig
  • Lore Master

I don't mind the ticker personally.

As for the hall of shame - a little birdie once told me that there was an extensive guide on how to maximize getting warning points without being outright permanently banned.
So bringing that back just brings unneccessary rulebreaks 😄 

• Emerald

+1, i see why not adding it.. not sure why people are arguing that it'll cause more toxicity and rulebreaks because it literally just wouldn't lmao

• Diamond
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, DukeLR said:

a little birdie once told me that there was an extensive guide on how to maximize getting warning points without being outright permanently banned.

This young man must be cap, bring back the Wall!! 😉 

In all seriousness who cares if people are dumb enough to try and max points there is always R4 and honestly people dumb enough to have a war on what? "being the dumbest monkey in the jungle?" I say let em have that war. This is comparable to being the tallest midget yea sure you won the competition but at what cost and who cares? Natural selection shall takes its course as it has previously ❤️

Excited Work GIF by TikTok
The whole squad looking for arguments to appeal their bans after @Hoferand @Infernoclean up the scum for trying to be cute and skirt the rules.
#54Points in a week feels bad don't do it kids not worth it ever!

Edited by Kermie
  • Sapphire

I can understand where people are coming from. Sure back in the day it was entertaining to watch the wall of shame and see who the edgiest boy was. 

looking back I can’t even believe that existed. It’s like trying to do public publish punishment over the internet removed the embarrassment and created a pissing contest. 

-1 from me 🙂