Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 02:26

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 16 hours, 33 minutes | Nyheim City

FAQ and Guide For character Pages - Nyheim

Bryan

• Lore Master

Beanz Slut

• Administrator

Epic post, if there are any other questions people might have feel free to ask it here and we'll add it into the list as well as answer it.

• Emerald

didn't even read it, just gave your beans you utter beg

Thanks for the FAQ though, clears up alot of things.

• Emerald

Thank you, very informative. Take BeanZ.

• MVP

Already asked AdminLR @Infernoin DMs but I'm gonna ask here too since, that's what an FAQ is for and maybe it could be added to the OP.

Would it be absurd for people to be (OOC) using soundboards to play music (IC) with the timeskip now?

Since phones and shit are just

gone

The answer I got was logical yes, "There still is power and electicity so devices would work as long as they were properly kept. However these kind of things will need to be played by CDs or tapes."

But I just wonder if someone could whip out a phone from 50 years ago and be like "Yeah this still works, I charge it in one of those old cars with a charger that just so happened to still not have a broken wire" (Cause we all know phone chargers have a tendency to fucking die on us if you as much as *touch* them) - What would be the scarcity of having a phone or a walkman 50 years into the apocalypse? Perhaps as "rare" as someone owning a record player? Just curious.

• Community Manager
13 minutes ago, ChewyLR said:

Already asked AdminLR @Infernoin DMs but I'm gonna ask here too since, that's what an FAQ is for and maybe it could be added to the OP.

The answer I got was logical yes, "There still is power and electicity so devices would work as long as they were properly kept. However these kind of things will need to be played by CDs or tapes."

But I just wonder if someone could whip out a phone from 50 years ago and be like "Yeah this still works, I charge it in one of those old cars with a charger that just so happened to still not have a broken wire" (Cause we all know phone chargers have a tendency to fucking die on us if you as much as *touch* them) - What would be the scarcity of having a phone or a walkman 50 years into the apocalypse? Perhaps as "rare" as someone owning a record player? Just curious.

Considering phones barely last two years these days before dying I'd say no. It would be very rare.

Edit: Someone could be holding an MP3 player or similar devices that had been fixed up though. The technology in those are more basic.

• Diamond
10 minutes ago, Hofer said:

Considering phones barely last two years these days before dying I'd say no. It would be very rare.

Edit: Someone could be holding an MP3 player or similar devices that had been fixed up though. The technology in those are more basic.

I assume Landlines would still be working? 

• Emerald
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ChewyLR said:

can we please leave tongue-less and soundboard characters in Chernarus2021, its cringe and imo makes no sense for a phone (that would be over 50 years old) to work, let alone have a useable soundboard on it.

Edited by Banksyy

Very good write up. Here take some beanz. Very informative 🙂

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Crimson said:

I assume Landlines would still be working? 

Very unlikely.

edit cause I misread Landlines for LandMines kek

• MVP
1 hour ago, Banksyy said:

can we please leave tongue-less and soundboard characters in Chernarus2021, its cringe and imo makes no sense for a phone (that would be over 50 years old) to work, let alone have a useable soundboard on it.

I didn't mean mute character soundboards I meant things like Soundpad but yes I agree to this too.

Basically if you're mute you're fucked lmao

• Emerald
11 hours ago, ChewyLR said:

I didn't mean mute character soundboards I meant things like Soundpad but yes I agree to this too.

Basically if you're mute you're fucked lmao

If you mean soundpad for music, cassette players would be acceptable i think, im unsure, maybe something like an mp3 player but one of those old reliable ones and not an ipod touch, you get me?

the scarcity of it could lead to maybe a group like Brotherhood of Steel trying to preserve all old world tech n shit? or a group collecting music?

• Titanium

Can we use names that aren't normal? for example, excluding surnames, weirder names like Jellybean, Jughead (just as an example because those are two characters from copywritten material) etc. 

With  the collapse of modern Society I think it would be more than acceptable icly that people started to forego including last names etc. or even traditional names. and I think if the names are creative enough it could be cool to run into someone that has an unconventional name.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Can we use names that aren't normal? for example, excluding surnames, weirder names like Jellybean, Jughead (just as an example because those are two characters from copywritten material) etc. 

With  the collapse of modern Society I think it would be more than acceptable icly that people started to forego including last names etc. or even traditional names. and I think if the names are creative enough it could be cool to run into someone that has an unconventional name.

No reason why you couldn't. As long as they aren't deliberately trying to meme I see no issue.