Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 09:59

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 9 hours | Nyheim City

Ammo Making

Trijim

Should this be added in?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Hello roleplayers of DayZRP, I would like to suggest Ammo Making. With the new lore taking place 50 years into the future, it wouldn't make sense to see boxes of ammo just lying around. These bullets sitting around would either make them completely useless or cause numerous malfunctions within the weapon itself. This is why I'm recommending the AmmoMaking mod. I will leave a document of how this mod works and what mods are compatible with it. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zWOR6QbCyV2V3VRiW8bXKGvpB2qwoKqethXlEd3NUCk/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Trijim
  • Emerald
Posted (edited)

Yes please, this way we can make our own (worse) versions of the ammo that we need to use our guns.

Decrease Ammo spawns, Increase materials to make the ammo.

+1

EDIT: Maybe make it so that all the bullets we make are in a Damaged state to show that not everyone knows how to make ammo, and when the Needle Skill (visible in the inventory) is maxed out then we would be able to make Worn ammo.

That would make some great roleplay, imo

Edited by Niller
  • Emerald
Posted (edited)

This is a needed thing especially with the scrap weapons being added (if they are) and the fact that its 50 years in the future from present day in the dayzrp lore. 

+1

Edited by Tactical Tim
  • Support

I have seen the title and my brain straight away jumped to tin can grenades.
image.png.7c4d0593d1c6464a03de9364c314108a.png

Just a step away from home made bullets.

• Titanium

I believe I noted this on @Niller 's scrap weapons suggestion. However, to continue the argument... yes yes yes yes yes. There is no way in hell that in 2071 ammunition would be lying around as it did in Chernarus. I think this is a great mod suggestion if it indeed works with the new map/server. As for Niller's other suggestion on this page... yes yes yes yes yes.

Let us take the lead for ammunition creation as the players of this server. Crafters, Traders, Looters and in turn hubs in general will have more use and more roleplay to provide to those who don't fit that type of RP instead of just simply sitting around a camp fire. 

All of this is a +1 from me as long as it works, which I am hoping it does!

• Game Master

While I like the idea - I'd like to see how the map and new lore play out before we go modding our toy without even playing with the thing.

• Diamond
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Trijim said:

This is why I'm recommending the AmmoMaking mod.

I voted +1

But Can we get a link to the Steam Page for the mod. Is it compatible with our server? This would be an awesome group concept. A group that holds all major production of ammo in the area, sorta like a Gun Runners in FNV

Edited by TheBishop
  • Titanium
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Elmo Cringe said:

While I like the idea - I'd like to see how the map and new lore play out before we go modding our toy without even playing with the thing.

I could agree to this, and I don't believe Staff would go into adding new mods (outside those they've already chosen) to this new server before release. Regardless, per the new lore - it fits - which is why I think it would be a great addition to DayZRP Nyheim - once they are ready to start looking into mods to add.

Edited by SGCAlamor
updated word usage
  • Sapphire
Just now, TheBishop said:

I voted +1

But Can we get a link to the Steam Page for the mod. Is it compatible with our server? This would be an awesome group concept. A group that holds all major production of ammo in the area, sorta like a Gun Runners in FNV

I forgot to link the Modpage, here you go kind sir 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1934466732

• Sapphire

Hello, after some time has passed since creating this thread I feel as though there is a good majority vote for this to be added in. I would like the thread to be closed 

@Hofer @Roland

• Cor locked this topic
  • Diamond

Thread closed at request of the OP