Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 04:09

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 14 hours, 50 minutes | Nyheim City

[Lore Question] United States

Padlock

• Emerald

About how long ago did the United States fall to the infection in the new lore? I can't seem to find the answer in the lore page, but if I looked over it I appologize.

• Lore Master

If you look closely, it states approximately five years after the outbreak. 

image.png.0001759fec8c002534f671dabbce9184.png

This is in one of the first lines stated here: 

• Emerald

Figured I looked over it by accident. Anyways thank you both.

1 minute ago, Padlock said:

Figured I looked over it by accident. Anyways thank you both.

No worries mate, for specifics the best thing to do would be contact a Loremaster directly. As for information currently available on the website those are the most relevant documents I know of.

• Head Admin
3 hours ago, Padlock said:

About how long ago did the United States fall to the infection in the new lore? I can't seem to find the answer in the lore page, but if I looked over it I appologize.

To elaborate on what Niveous said most countries fell within the first five years. There are active settlements in the US however, and when creating your character for Nyheim you will be able to choose one of these settlements as your origins in a dropdown list. Nationality is no longer a thing and has been replaced by that list.

• Diamond
18 minutes ago, Hofer said:

To elaborate on what Niveous said most countries fell within the first five years. There are active settlements in the US however, and when creating your character for Nyheim you will be able to choose one of these settlements as your origins in a dropdown list. Nationality is no longer a thing and has been replaced by that list.

Can I create my own settlement for my character? For his origins? 

• Head Admin
7 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Can I create my own settlement for my character? For his origins? 

You can make up a lot of things as we're leaving things open for the players to explore and experiment with.

It has to be realistic if it is a real one. But technically you could claim to be the son of and ex-President in the US. Whether that is right or wrong is another thing.

Edit: You'd have to choose the "Other" option in the origins list though.

• Diamond
1 hour ago, Hofer said:

Any chance we will get the ability to create our character on here before the server launch?

Sorry if this was already answered but I've been looking around and couldn't find anything.

6 minutes ago, Thersty said:

Any chance we will get the ability to create our character on here before the server launch?

Sorry if this was already answered but I've been looking around and couldn't find anything.

Here is the lore:

https://www.dayzrp.com/newlore/

You can start writing up a simple backstory then copy paste it the day the map launches (which is next friday).

• Lore Master
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Thersty said:

During the live stream it was stated that prior to release of the new map, there will be an archival of existing characters. To prevent Nyheim characters from being swept up in this, creation of them will be closed until release. In the meantime, you can get your character ready to go by working on them in a google doc, that way its ready to post when creation for them opens up. Hope this helps!

Edited by Niveous
  • Diamond
1 minute ago, Niveous said:

During the live stream it was stated that prior to release of the new map, there will be a wipe of existing characters. To prevent Nyheim characters from being swept up in this, creation of them will be closed until release. In the meantime, you can get your character ready to go by working on them in a google doc, that way its ready to post when creation for them opens up. Hope this helps!

Thanks, one last thing. Is the list of settlements we can choose from publicly available as of now?

Just so we can start to develop our characters with that part in mind.

• Lore Master
Just now, Thersty said:

Thanks, one last thing. Is the list of settlements we can choose from publicly available as of now?

No, it has not at this time been made available. That being said, you're also permitted to take creative liberties, as @Hofermentioned above. You're always welcome to speak with a loremaster regarding ideas you have, if you'd like to get them green-lit.

• Head Admin
2 hours ago, Thersty said:

I can provide you the list if you're curious.

• MVP
19 minutes ago, Hofer said:

Will there be lore provided for each available settlement on the list or is it just pick one and decide for yourself how your character left it?

• Diamond
34 minutes ago, Hofer said:

I would definitely like the list so that way I can change the backstory of the character I'm working on to revolve around a certain settlement

• Head Admin
24 minutes ago, OwOgleSimp said:

Will there be lore provided for each available settlement on the list or is it just pick one and decide for yourself how your character left it?

No lore, just a general location and name. The rest is up to the player.

• Head Admin

• Emerald

is it possible to create a nato us marine?

• Support
33 minutes ago, Banksyy said:

I ain't sure if you are joking with that question, but let me copy what the Lore FAQ says:

• Can I still be a soldier?
    • No. As countries and most of the old world is no longer existing, there will not be any official armies going around the world fighting each other. Most characters playing on this new map will be a wastelander. One of many, from all sorts of tribes and communities throughout the world.
1 hour ago, Banksyy said:

Only if he is an active member of the remaining secret service corp that survived by hiding in the presidential bunker and then flew to Chernarus in order to scavenge for supplies to bring back.

• Emerald
1 hour ago, Isylon said:

I ain't sure if you are joking with that question, but let me copy what the Lore FAQ says:

• Can I still be a soldier?
    • No. As countries and most of the old world is no longer existing, there will not be any official armies going around the world fighting each other. Most characters playing on this new map will be a wastelander. One of many, from all sorts of tribes and communities throughout the world.

yes, the comment was satire.

but thank you for the help

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Only if he is an active member of the remaining secret service corp that survived by hiding in the presidential bunker and then flew to Chernarus in order to scavenge for supplies to bring back.

you couldn't have been more spot on, my character is called hunter hawk knight and he is a US Delta Spetznas sas force soldier with over 300+ confirmed kills and its elite in gorilla warfare and has taken a bullet for the president. him and his delta squad were in a bunker 

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Banksyy said:

you couldn't have been more spot on, my character is called hunter hawk knight and he is a US Delta Spetznas sas force soldier with over 300+ confirmed kills.

Thank you for playing me sir, as a U.S. Marine im honored that you have a character thats me.
Season 3 Episode 10 GIF by Rick and Morty

Altough , why would the USA matter ? with such an infection going on, why and how would anyone be able to cross the ocean ?

Edited by Knight
  • Game Master

Closing this since the OP has received an answer. Discussion about USA characters can continue somewhere else.

/Closed

• Basko locked this topic