Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 21:33

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
ONGOING | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Ends in 56 minutes | Nyheim City

PLIKT [Staff Faction] Volunteer Thread

Hofer

• Head Admin

Hello,

As we're looking to make sure the staff faction has impact on the server lore we need volunteers to help us out from time to time. Being a volunteer could mean anything, it all depends on the different events. Examples:

• Cannon fodder
  • Extras
  • Voiced role
  • Pilot/driver

As well as other roles/tasks. You will be given a temporary location where you can store your active gear, and be spawned in a staff kit during the event. This will be returned at the end and you'll be given back your original gear. This will be thoroughly monitored so nobody is able to steal any spawned gear.

Requirements:

• Be mature
  • Follow community rules while playing in the event
  • Must handle being held at a higher standard of roleplay as an event character
  • Cooperative and follow Staff lead at all costs
  • Relatively clean warning history
  • 3+ months of DayZRP experience

PLIKT Playing rules:

1. Follow DayZRP rules.
  2. PLIKT will only be played if we have enough people willing to patrol the city. We might split up into two squads. In addition to that requirement, at least two Administrators, Game Masters or Lore Masters needs to lead the session.
  3. Do not be overly aggressive in terms of attacking people. If you find someone doing shady business report it to your nearest officer and detain the person.
  4. As PLIKT is a staff faction there will be unfair advantages for us, such as pre-spawned kits with weaponry. Do not under any circumstance use this to dogbrain or provoke others.
  5. As a staff faction PLIKT will be held to a higher roleplaying standard than other groups.
  6. Before a play session you will be given a spawned kit containing clothing and weapons. Your normal gear will be stored in a locker in a safe location. Once the play session is over you are required to drop everything you were spawned for deletion. This will be monitored.
  7. As PLIKT is a staff faction it will not have a group CP. This means you are allowed to join another group even if you're a volunteer for PLIKT.

Breaking any of these rules will result in one or several of the following:

• Removal from PLIKT
  • Removal from staff
  • Warning Points
  • Permanent ban from the community

If this sounds interesting please reply to this thread with the following template, and you'll be given a chance to help out and invited to the DayZRP PLIKT server.

Why do you want to volunteer for events?:
What can you contribute with?:
Timezone/when are you available (server time):
What kind of roles do you think fit?:

Looking forward to your "applications"

DISCORD LINK

image1.png

• Emerald
Posted (edited)

I've thoroughly enjoyed the lore events that I've gotten to be a part of in the last couple months. The RP was engaging, detailed, and getting to follow along the course of events was a lot of fun. I also got to have some cool hostile interactions with buddies who volunteered to be in lore events (e.g. getting water-boarded by @Cor) and I'd love to be a part of the giving side of the hostile RP. I think it'd just be a lot of fun to get to be a part of events that will shape the course of the lore.

I can contribute by helping to provide players with serious and engaging RP that will give them the opportunity to advance / change the course of their characters' storylines. I always try to make it a goal of mine to avoid having any kind of main-character syndrome, and I'd like to be able to roleplay a character(s) that can serve as a means for the development of other characters' stories.

Timezone/when are you available (server time): Eastern standard time, but I'm usually able to tailor my play-times to fit with the majority of people that I'm going to RP with. 

Given my limited experience on this server, I think I'd be well-suited just to play a low-level grunt / cannon-fodder type of guy. The kind of henchman that can patrol around like some NPC, but still provide interesting dialogue and give good hostile RP as befits the given scenario. I'm also down to do voiced role... my mom always said I have a face for radio.

Edited by Ethan-J
  • Sapphire

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: Events help me advertise and expand my roleplay skills, making it as interesting and immersive as possible. I already have experience in voluntary lore events I have done in the past such as NBC Russians.

What can you contribute with?: I can contribute by helping progress the lore or embracing many other peoples character storylines whilst also creating them. I would like to give people an opportunity and excuse to join in the roleplay and take part in whatever transpires. 

Timezone/when are you available (server time): I'm BST/GMT and normally free after 17:00 every weekday whilst being free all day on the weekends.

What kind of roles do you think fit?: I have plenty of experience in Hostile RP, normally being the background rifleman or just the eavesdropper but also having a voice in half of the scenarios I've been in. So the roles I'd probably fit into are either Extras, Fodder and sometimes Voiced. 

• MVP

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: I prefer to be as involved in the lore as possible, be it through direct involvement and/or assistance in major events and consistent story building. I prefer to be part of the authority in a story, whether for good or for bad, and enjoy the dynamic between the clash of order/anarchism.

What can you contribute with?: Experience of running the lore faction RAC and all the responsibilities behind its influence and presence in the lore whether you perceive it impactful or not. I also have a long history of playing military and leader type characters with an emphasis on the human limit in difficult situations and less so on the PVP and gameplay dominance of one group over another.

Timezone/when are you available (server time): GMT

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Personally, I would like to be an officer or the equivalent with mid to high authority, with responsibility ranging from general policing to efforts in controlling the population of the map, whether sinister in nature or not. But whatever is required ill be happy with.

• Diamond

Main reason and most obvious: It's fun for me (and someone needs to do it). Two lore iterations ago, I was already doing this and I'm still on this old Discord server "DayZRP - Event/Lore Team", so I won't be a stranger to these things. It's been a while since I did this and I think doing this in this new setting will be both fun and engaging for me. 

There is another reason. The new setting heavily reminds me of my magical time I had in HL2 RP in G-Mod, where I was both a citizen and true to my name, joined the 'Combine'. I find these types of RP to be fascinating and would like to see it from the other side as well.

In addition to my prior experience in helping events from time to time and having been in various semi-lore and lore factions over the last two lore iterations, I can also bring something else to the table that could be useful in this setting: Sound (and partial video) editing. You could say I can manage to put lore on a canvas and on video and in sound. On various occasions and based on group concept, I already emitted "immersive broadcasts" ingame, e.g. via megaphone in a local city under control of a faction.

Below an example. Also feel free to check the channel out in general for some Chernarussian custom lore snippets focused on certain interior ministry units, parades, themes, etc.

As for the example, I can also use a more masculine voice and tweak any relevant effect, aka having it be transmitted on a radio or being transmitted via city or district-wide speakers, and I can alter the content to anything else to be said:

Chances are if some of you played with me over the years then you may have occasionally seen some of my broadcasts, videos or lore snippets (think of the COBR letters) in action as well.

Timezone/when are you available (server time): GMT + 1

I might have mixed availability depending on more or less work but for now I think I will be fairly active - if not daily then every few days at the very least.

In my past I did various things in both RP and beyond it. At one point lead a "Corporation" in games (as player group, not real).

But frankly I was always happy in either specialized roles (like recon, intel, etc) or limited command roles, like squad leads or as "undersergeant". I prefer "boots on the ground" or specialized roles more than strategic or big leadership command roles.

• Hofer pinned this topic
  • Diamond

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: I want to be involved in the awesome events and stories. Being hands on and apart of what makes these events fun and memorable! 

What can you contribute with?: I can do a small variety of accents. I also think Im a damn fine Role Player in Hostile and friendly situations. Common, ya know ya gotta have me! 

Timezone/when are you available (server time): EST and mostly any time of the day, depending on my Night Shift Schedule 

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Public Relations, Higher Up leadership and management RP roles (Sergeant type if its military), Hostage and Hostage taker. General Soldier and specialty roles if told ahead of time! 

• Diamond

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: I would love to be more involved with roleplay that happens in the entire storyline we as a community are building, whether it be with hostilities and firefights, or maybe negotiation and trying to make peace, I will attempt my best as a lore event volunteer!

What can you contribute with?: I'm not too good at PvP, so i'd probably just be one of those just to go into the fight and dies like 30 seconds in.  I feel I am better at reasoning and negotiation.  I think hostageRP would be something I can do, on both ends!

Timezone/when are you available (server time): (My time zone is GMT+/-5:00) I'm available at earlier times of the day, but most days I begin work at 6pm EST

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Considering I am not too great at PvP when it might be needed, maybe voice would be good for times of negotiation and/or hostage situations whether it be me as the hostage, or we have a hostage.

Can't wait to see where all this goes in the future!!

• Emerald

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: Because I love playing lore related characters and I care more about a "big picture" storyline rather than personal story, so I don't mind jumping into lore characters at the expense of furthering a personal one.

What can you contribute with?: I am "easy to lead" and reliable, as proven before. I can create media & text and I'd say "sounding bureaucratic and official" is easy for me (I am German after all), so I guess I'd be suitable for a certain kind of government/authority/official body roles. Also I am perfect cannon fodder in gunfights.

Timezone/when are you available (server time): Flexible/depends. Mostly EU but can swing into other timezones depending on my schedule.

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Cannonfodder, certain kinds of voiced roles (as mentioned above: bureaucrats, officials, law enforcment, ..., basically anything that isnt super "shouty" or aggressive), management roles, extras

Why do you want to volunteer for events? I want to help the community with good Rp. I have been apart of two different lore events with staff(Praise Vizof). 

What can you contribute with?  I am someone who has law enforcement experience in the US, so able to use that experience as a PILKT member. Giving good Rp and the ability to follow and give good and tactful commands.

Timezone/when are you available (server time):   I am in Central Time (CT). But play almost daily+ don't sleep much.

What kind of roles do you think fit?: I am here to fill whatever roll is needed for the volunteer, from cannonfodder to FTO/driver whatever is needed. Given my leadership I would prefer a roll similar to a FTO( Field Training Officer). Keeping the people of the town safe.

• Emerald

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: I've wanted to be apart of events in a more personal way for awhile and I see this new start as a great opportunity to put my name in the hat. The events I've witnessed in the past are incredibly fun to watch and even hear about ICly in the following days. Actually being a member of these situations seems like a opportunity not worth missing. 

What can you contribute with?: I've gotten pretty good at portraying a rag-type man looking for stability. I've had experiences in many RP focused groups and have became not so bad at putting together small stories for me and friends to take part in. 

Timezone/when are you available (server time): My time zone is BST and am available most days from 10am into the late night hours. It's usually consistent. 

What kind of roles do you think fit?: I will note what I am terrible first; Driving and close PVP due to a mixture of lag and smol brain. However, I would enjoy and fit playing as a distinguishable voiced character, patrolman, background noise/presence, a dirty character willing to take bribes. Questionable past character etc... 

• Emerald

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: I wish to be more involved in the new maps lore and in helping to make sure that Plikt has enough force.

What can you contribute with?: With my superiorly average pvp skills and my experience in 3 completely different kinds of groups, I think I would make a good addition to Plikt.

Timezone/when you are available (server time): UTC +2

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Small voiced roles, background-dude, cannon fodder, driver, almost anything really

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: cause i like authoritarian groups and progressing the roleplay of factions. 

What can you contribute with?: my experience with similar groups and outstanding looks. idk we shall see. new lore and stuff. and my experience in the 320th!!!

Timezone/when you are available (server time): CST

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Large Voiced role. YEAH!!!

Edited by groovy blisna
  • Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: I wish to come back and be big bad scary iron fister of Nyheim
What can you contribute with?: I bring some RP experience from being in threatening authoritarian groups in the past. In the most recent lore I participated in multiple events of Staggs where I roleplayed as a member of the POV. I can growl if you wish.  
Timezone/when are you available (server time): GMT (UK)
What kind of roles do you think fit?: I can fill any position that needs filling really. Think of me as a big pot of play dough. I smell good but don't taste all that great. I can be an angry grunt, to a calm and collected officer type. Or if you just need someone to beg for their life and execute, that gets me going too. I canny fly or drive all that great though. Unless you're looking for a Banzai, don't assign me this role. 

Edited by Murdercool
  • Head Admin

Thanks for the applications so far. I will go through them and DM you as soon as I can.

• Sapphire

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: Thinking about making a comeback to DayZRP and overall, I have enjoyed being more on the organizing side of events, both in game and in real life. Going back all the way to the year of 2016 (I think it was this), I was part of the lore event that time, Trade Routes I believe it was called. This was a great event to play in, even though my character was met with death in the progress (died a "heroes" death). 

What can you contribute with?: With a long experience in DayZRP, I have been able to see multiple different kinds of roleplay possibilities and styles. I am able to provide more hostile RP if required but I could also provide a more peaceful approach to RP,  guarding locations, patrolling, just living that characters life, day by day. However, I am not a great PVPer so what I could do is be more of a peaceful character, providing people with skills that I could share with the people as of my character

Timezone/when are you available (server time): GMT+2 

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Well, like I mentioned earlier, I am not great in PVP so yeah, Cannon Fodder (or as I like to call it, Meatshield) could be one of the possibilities. And seeing the city itself, I could also work as an instructor for the PLIKT faction, teaching them about urban conflict and how to handle that kind of a situation. Mechanic for the group could also be a possibility, providing care for their gear and keeping it functional. 

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: Making my dayzrp comeback after a few years of inactivity

What can you contribute with?:  Over 3000hrs of RP experience, i'm decent at PVP but more importantly I was heavily involved in the 2017 UN Lore Faction, I am adaptable to all styles of RP whether it be peacekeeper, negotiations, spy   or straight up hostile RP.

Timezone/when are you available (server time): UTC/GMT +1 hour

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Extra / Cannon fodder

Edited by Crim
  • Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: I always like to be a common soldier among many. To fill the ranks and add to the overall experience for the others. I wanted to create a group way back when to create mini events for others to enjoy, but never got to it.

What can you contribute with?: With my experience in RP and cooperation. If I get really into it, then my devotion to the cause hazaaaa!

Timezone/when are you available (server time): UTC+3

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Im a good guard... I can stand still in a place for long time or walk for hours without getting bored. Also I can be good hostage and cry like a baby.

Edited by Shanoby
  • Sapphire
Posted (edited)

These days I don't really play DayzRP anymore due to conflicting hobbies. I live stream over on Twitch and have a nice community that would really enjoy a little bit of DayzRP every now and then, issue being is that I don't have the time to run around for hours on end to no avail. This right here puts me into a content rich scenario. I always enjoyed the lore of every game, having written out the lore for the RAC in this lore, at one point even had a application for Loremaster out. Storytelling is a great + in my books and being able to help do that here would be great.

I live stream my content on Twitch; this could help with the discoverability of A) The events, for those who can't attend any events due to reasons and B) the exposure of the server. Outside of the usual; I can roleplay and I'm familiar with the Dayz mechanics. 

I'm available UTC+2 from: 19:15 - 23:15 - Monday to Friday. I do require notice preferably a day or two ahead. 

Anything goes, my preference goes to a role that isn't disposed within five minutes by it's own ranks. 

Edited by MarikLR

Why do you want to volunteer for events?:  I'd like to be more active in lore events and the server in general when it comes to things like this. it would be interesting to be on the other side of the coin in the events.

What can you contribute with?: Hostile RP, PVP and Decent regular ol roleplay. I have been here for a little over a year, and I've picked up on a lot of different types of RP that I enjoy doing. 

Timezone/when are you available (server time): EST. But I'm usually free at all times.

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Cannon fodder or a extra 

• Head Admin

OP updated with playing rules and requirements.

Specifically for those curious about signing up this might be interesting:

• As PLIKT is a staff faction it will not have a group CP. This means you are allowed to join another group even if you're a volunteer for PLIKT.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: Making my comeback to DayzRP after a good amount of time off, I used to be involved in most events or attempted to be involved in some form, rather it be ingame or helping by throwing ideas out on the forums. Upon my return I intended to do that once more

What can you contribute with?:   Well over 2000 hours of RP experience ranging from Simple Civilian characters who are passive and just trying to survive all the worlds struggles, to a doctor who is just trying to help wasteland only to be meet with hate by groups who wish for anarchy. To a Street rat who saw the Infection as a chance to grow big. As such I believe I can handle a wide variety of RP situation that I may come across while in RP with the group, and Hopefully increases everyone's enjoyment of the Interactions.

Timezone/when are you available (server time): Est, and BST

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Extra /  the Interacting type

Edited by S.Bradley
The GOD requested it

Age: 17 (got the voice of a 30 year old according to everyone in dayZRP 😂)

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: from what i seen most lore groups are always doing a great job with the roleplay so i wanted to try out plikt as my first lore faction to be more involved in the lore and perhaps make a change in the lore 

What can you contribute with?: hostile RP , above average roleplay , a thicc accent , and i have over 4000 hours on dayZ as ik every single inch of vanilla dayZ and a good 90% of modded dayZ and i have lead and joined many groups so ik how to take and follow or give orders

Timezone/when are you available (server time): GMT+2 , for the time I'm available in i will be fully free for the next month or 2 , after those months i will have a schedule which will be determined then 

What kind of roles do you think fit?: an extremely good driver even under pressure / extra (frontline gunmen , sniper)

Edited by foxzyad1

Having been in many events in the past I feel like I want to contribute to the cause. Not only that but in general the whole PLIKT thing seems incredibly interesting and when I read about it I thought ''I wanna be PART of that or AGAINST that'' but I certainly wanted to do something contribute to it and this is my chance.

Im pretty good at PVP with 2,1K hours on DayZ and 1,7 of them being in PVP servers, good with regular, hostile, or to presuade someone talking. I don't really know what my RP memo is yet, my current character is a psycho that likes blood and I've done similar things in the past so ,creepy RP?. I'll call it that.

GMT +3  and around 10pm till some hours on, about 3 or 5 tops.

As I mentioned before Im pretty good with being a creepy person but definitely not a main spokesman. So  Extras would seem fitting and I definitely want to  do patrol and talk with the public which is something Im good at. I can contribute to Hostile RP but again not as the main person who is talking but an extra, like a right hand man from that person, so not TOO extra  if it makes sense, and of course any random jobs that will be offered is fine,  also pretty good at survailence.I hope thats enough.

• Emerald

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: Done it before, lets do it again
What can you contribute with?: Experience with this type of roleplay, cannon fodder, meatshield and pilot/driver
Timezone/when are you available (server time): GMT +0/ 5-12 evenings
What kind of roles do you think fit?: Any role baby

• Emerald

Why do you want to volunteer for events?: Because i want to try

What can you contribute with?: Cannon fodder / meatshield

Timezone/when are you available (server time): GMT+1 whenever

What kind of roles do you think fit?: Gunner. Token Plikt man with anger issues.