Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 05:25

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 34 minutes | Nyheim City

So... What are We Suppose to Do?

TheBishop

• Diamond

Hello all you lovely people of Dayzrp!

As we all know, a new map is coming! We have no idea what is gonna look like, what it means for our lore or our characters. All we know is more information on the 11th! In light of this I wanted to ask a few questions! What do we do now? 

No one has any idea about the new map, that is completely fine and I enjoy the mystery. It makes it suspenseful and generated hype for something that is unique to the Dayzrp server! What is not awesome is the lack of information reguarding the effects on our characters... Whats going to happen to them is going to remain a mystery and that is fine, but some simple answers would go a Long way for all of us! 

We dont need or want details, simply a yes or no to these basic questions!! 

1) Will there be a Lore wipe? Meaning the very recent lore will be wiped and recreated. This will force us to Reinvent our characters, effectively killing Everyone off. 

2) If no Lore wipe, then will there be a Time Jump? A jump being more than 50 years? This would also effectively kill off any characters of a certain age. 

Simply a yes or no to these questions would be really apricated. No One Knows Whats going to Happen! And because of this no one seems to have the drive to get in game and continue storylines that They have no idea if they will continue or not. 

Lore wipes are an awesome part of this community, and if it is going to happen please Do Not Give Details!! But a heads up, allowing us to prepare and do something with our current characters would be extremely helpful! 

Ps: Plz dont say "Find out the 11th". That defeats the whole point of the time between then and now...

-Your friendly Reporter Blueberry! 

• MVP

I will be that guy.

All your questions are meant to be answered on the 11th. There really isn't much to say on it other than that.

I would agree people hold back on playing due to not knowing anyways. We don't know if anything we rp now that is long term would make sense to do.

We don't just want to end our characters story ark either if its possible we could continue it on the new map especially for new characters that have only been around a month or so.

But should we all die anyways it would be nice to be able to use those last few days to play things out till the 11th which we don't dare to do, due to feeling like a bit stuck in limbo.

• Diamond
Just now, AndreyQ said:

I will be that guy.

All your questions are meant to be answered on the 11th. There really isn't much to say on it other than that.

Thats the issue, What are We suppose to do before then? Just hope there is no lore wipe or not? The issue of people not having any clue about what to do with there characters puts everyone in a stalemate. Lore Wipe or Not, time jump or not. I believe we should know.

Just now, GreenySmiley said:

I would agree people hold back on playing due to not knowing anyways. We don't know if anything we rp now that is long term would make sense to do.

We don't just want to end our characters story ark either if its possible we could continue it on the new map especially for new characters that have only been around a month or so.

But should we all die anyways it would be nice to be able to use those last few days to play things out till the 11th which we don't dare to do, due to feeling like a bit stuck in limbo.

Exactly! Limbo is a great way of putting it. I dont mind if we go either way, just knowing a direction would help everyone...

• MVP
2 minutes ago, TheBishop said:

What are We suppose to do before then?

No clue. I have no idea why we decided to release a 30 second teaser for an announcement which ultimately killed the will to play for most people until the map comes out.

At this point I wouldn't mind answering your questions but it is not up to me to give out that sort of info. All I can tell you is that your questions will get answered on Friday and Saturday at the community meeting.

You can hop IG and continue the RP or take a break and enjoy some other games. That's what I am doing now, chilling and thinking of the next creature that will enlarge 20 meters to defeat my dnd party.

1 minute ago, AndreyQ said:

You can hop IG and continue the RP or take a break and enjoy some other games. That's what I am doing now, chilling and thinking of the next creature that will enlarge 20 meters to defeat my dnd party.

Sounds like big community DND Game is needed that lasts until the 11th invite us all to play.

• Legend
46 minutes ago, TheBishop said:

As we all know, a new map is coming! We have no idea what is gonna look like, what it means for our lore or our characters. All we know is more information on the 11th! In light of this I wanted to ask a few questions! What do we do now? 

No one has any idea about the new map, that is completely fine and I enjoy the mystery. It makes it suspenseful and generated hype for something that is unique to the Dayzrp server! What is not awesome is the lack of information reguarding the effects on our characters... Whats going to happen to them is going to remain a mystery and that is fine, but some simple answers would go a Long way for all of us! 

1) Will there be a Lore wipe? Meaning the very recent lore will be wiped and recreated. This will force us to Reinvent our characters, effectively killing Everyone off. 

2) If no Lore wipe, then will there be a Time Jump? A jump being more than 50 years? This would also effectively kill off any characters of a certain age. 

Simply a yes or no to these questions would be really apricated. No One Knows Whats going to Happen! And because of this no one seems to have the drive to get in game and continue storylines that They have no idea if they will continue or not. 

Lore wipes are an awesome part of this community, and if it is going to happen please Do Not Give Details!! But a heads up, allowing us to prepare and do something with our current characters would be extremely helpful! 

Ps: Plz dont say "Find out the 11th". That defeats the whole point of the time between then and now...

Gonna be real, not giving details is the absolute worst thing you can do.

If there's a mistake we made in the summer of last year it was providing 0 hype, 0 information and nothing for the community to build hype off. The Deer Isle project was received awfully and nobody gave a shit (understandably). People have gotta be given ideas gradually so they can come up with their own concepts and (hopefully) get excited for it.

• Head Admin

Roleplay

• Legend

Its okay, I did the only logical thing. Got my character the F out of dodge. Probably won't see him again this map or next. 

• Lore Master

3 more days and all of your questions will get answered.

For now you can just continue doing what you always did, roleplay or play different games like hardcore Minecraft.

• Emerald

tenor.gif.d7febb1af68d06989aa4d9cd97023cd7.gif

Just wait another 4 days, I'd probably use this time to tie up storylines, just in case 🙏

• Emerald

Who knows? They do this every time something happens and try to hype up something which in turn kills the server for weeks until it comes out.

• Diamond

Come find George and ask him to take you in his spacecraft that will take you to the new timeline and you will be able to play the same character and remember everything that happened in this life.

• Emerald

You can always jump on a PVP server and practice for day 1 loot purge 

• MVP

Dunno, wait 3 more days I guess. You could go play the game? I heard it’s pretty fun. Except I heard it’s not so fun when people don’t wanna play because “what if my character gets reset X days from now????????” as if they couldn’t possibly die or PK in the same time frame. 

• MVP

I would just play the game like normal, wait the couple days like everyone else and when it's announced then you can worry about what you're worrying about now. Like others stated, play other games and just have fun until the next announcement.

Hell, take walks in nature, start a journal, go outside and enjoy the fresh air, read some books, go fishing..... there are tons of things you can do instead of worrying about something that won't be announced until Friday.

Try not to worry yourself to death guy, after all, it's just a game.....

200.gif

• Emerald

Gotta agree with @Para Cringe here. Need more information to know what i will be doing. Hope the map's release date won't be somewhere in August, maybe like 18th of june??????

• Diamond

Wait for the existential dread to set in and remember this is just pixels? Honestly I doubt anything other than the information will be dropped June 11th. This has been hyped a bit much.

Going outside helps too, I hear the DLC comes with a soccer ball.

Regardless, maybe make some characters that might interest you playing solo. Focus on what you can control. 

• Diamond

I feel like the info given on the 11th will give a date far enough in advance to close up whatever RP you or your groups are currently having in Chernarus. I feel like people are thinking the 11th will be the release and we all play that day but i doubt. relax and stop trippin 

calm down al pacino GIF

Your answer lies here, speculate what the map is going to be. The lore and details around it and you could win a prize/credits! 😃

You could also be optimistic and wait patiently. 😀

• Diamond
8 hours ago, TheBishop said:

Trust me bro, I've been antagonizing @Hoferfor hours and I keep getting the same response, "[REDACTED] & wait until the 11th." The suspense is killer but just go RP. I certainly am. 

• Owner

The teaser was to officially inform community outside of rumors that the map is coming and to hype people up. Not to make you worry about the future of your character and stop playing because something might happen to it, with that logic you would never be able to start playing because we always just might do a lore wipe in 3, 6 or 9 months. You'll have time to prepare and act accordingly with your characters on and after the 11th. Until then nothing changes - role play as usual.

28 minutes ago, Roland said:

The teaser was to officially inform community outside of rumors that the map is coming and to hype people up. Not to make you worry about the future of your character and stop playing because something might happen to it, with that logic you would never be able to start playing because we always just might do a lore wipe in 3, 6 or 9 months. You'll have time to prepare and act accordingly with your characters on and after the 11th. Until then nothing changes - role play as usual.

Well a lot of us hope to keep the lore-wipes rare to like maybe every 3 years if it has to happen and only if the server can't keep itself going and entertained.

Example most of my RP is long term... currently my character for example is a hypnotherapist and those fruits of hypnosis make much more sense many month down the line rather than right away.

Normally we get to choose when we loose our character so it is worth trying to build something that would pay out in 5-6 month if you play careful and value your life you don't get asked much for pk down the line. The only worry is if that other character you interact with would still be there by then. But that is life 😄 and the risk of long term rp things.

• MVP
18 hours ago, Craig said:

Come find George and ask him to take you in his spacecraft that will take you to the new timeline and you will be able to play the same character and remember everything that happened in this life.

Let's just freeze all of our characters in a cryo chamber and unfreeze them on the new map 400 years in the future

• Administrator
22 hours ago, TheBishop said:

Simple answer, just play the game. Don't worry about whatever is gonna happen in the future, just enjoy the server and enjoy the game. When the day of map finally comes, then you start from there.

• Bear locked this topic