Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 11:07

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 7 hours, 52 minutes | Nyheim City

Whitelist process

I have made my character and submitted it. The website has taken it but under the step by step whitelist process it says "Character background story too short!" What do i do about that? I indeed isnt to short as the website told me it was and I fixed it until it accepted it. So not sure what to do at this point? Help is much apricated thank you!

• Emerald
3 minutes ago, GGr Reckless said:

I have made my character and submitted it. The website has taken it but under the step by step whitelist process it says "Character background story too short!" What do i do about that? I indeed isnt to short as the website told me it was and I fixed it until it accepted it. So not sure what to do at this point? Help is much apricated thank you!

Just add more detail and go indepth with your character i guess, idk what to say.. how many lines do you have?

Posted (edited)

You need to have at least 500 characters (not words) in your backstory. Try expanding it a bit more and you should be fine.

I've just noticed you are not even whitelisted yet, so I'd wait for that before trying to join the server

Edited by Woodzie
  • Game Master
1 minute ago, GGr Reckless said:

I used a Character and word counter ive got 607 characters and 100 words so idk why it isnt working if it only need 500?

Whitelist is 1000 characters.

Regular characters after are 500.

1 minute ago, GGr Reckless said:

I used a Character and word counter ive got 607 characters and 100 words so idk why it isnt working if it only need 500?

Yes, but you are not whitelistrd yet, so I believe that's why you are getting an error.

• Game Master
Posted (edited)

A simple trick,

Begin the story by explaining who your character is, where they come from, how their family life was (if any). That alone will probably get you close to 300 words.
From there, move onto talking about how you got to Chernarus;
Were you born here?  Did you move here?
Maybe add something about how life was here before the outbreak, I encourage you to read up on the lore, which you can find here, or if you just want a quick 'pick me up', you can read our timeline, which features all the key details that one should already know, you can find that here.
All of this, will surely get you past the 1000 character requirement.

Ensure to make the character page flow, and not just a block of text.
If you want any insipirations for character pages, you can simply follow this link and click on any of the 'Top Played' characters.

Hope this helped!
Good luck on your whitelist.

Edited by Cal