Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:31

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 28 minutes | Nyheim City

Base building limitations

Hello, quite new here, I would like to know more about what you can and can't build in the server. The trial error way is taking quite a lot of time, and even being sure there is a plain explanation of the rules somewhere I just can't find it. Can some experienced player please confirm me this?

I guess you can't build more than 3 wooden crates total, as i just can't build past 3. I guess some similar limitation does exist about the numbers of walls you can set up. Not that i'd build a castle, but just to know. 

Then, i guess you can't place any tent inside of any building, as now i secured a house placing my medium tent there just won't work (still, it might be a bug: the tent shade gets white, saying you can place it there, but the game won't perform the action). So i guess you have to rely on finding barrels or storage locks around to secure some basic tools, while nails are quite useless. Is that correct? Thank you!

My experience from placing tents is that even if you get the white silhouette, you usually need a bit more room. This change seemed to happen when they rebalanced tents around patch 1.10, as they added makeshift shelters as the smallest option. 

As for crates, I personally haven't built one ever (as the server has them at 72hrs max persistance) but I know there is no limit for them, unless there has and some mod has limited them? 

As for the rest, there's a place for it all and unlimited - as long as you can keep it secure. 

Thanks a lot, i didn't know about the crates limited persistance. Where I can get this kind of information about the server?

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

I would assume ask a developer or look through the announcements

Edited by SHIESTY Dongle