Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 04:15

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 14 hours, 44 minutes | Nyheim City

base items

hi all! 

how do i keep base items from despawning like walls etc? made myself a nice little shack but ive only played dayz rp and the internet is a little vague.. do i need to make a flag pole in order for the items to stay?

thank you in advance!

• Emerald

Refresh the walls every 4 days or so by placing nails in them i believe, same with storage things just place one thing inside of it or take something out and it will not despawn

Posted (edited)

Any interaction with the wall / storage container will refresh it's despawn timer. I recon that you will need a screwdriver if you want to keep the modded items (like tables, chairs ect.) quickly deconstruct and reconstruct them in order to keep them refreshed. All the base game items (walls and watchtowers) can be refreshed by putting in a nail or a plank like Final Banksyy mentioned.

Most timers can be found here:

Edited by KermitTheFrog
  • Sapphire
On 5/27/2021 at 3:42 PM, Anime EDM said:

thank you all who responded

We encounter this issue quite a lot in our place, my advice would be when you build EXPANSION walls, leave a lumber/plank/few nails inside the wall this means that the option to interact with the wall will remain there. As for sinks and other inanimate objects which can't store things you need to dismantle them and rebuild them with pliers or a screwdriver. I'm pretty sure that hammer works too. Everything needs to be interacted with every 7 days to some degree. If you forget to leave things inside like planks, you can dismantle it by one stage and rebuild it.

12 hours ago, Rickets said:

We encounter this issue quite a lot in our place, my advice would be when you build EXPANSION walls, leave a lumber/plank/few nails inside the wall this means that the option to interact with the wall will remain there. As for sinks and other inanimate objects which can't store things you need to dismantle them and rebuild them with pliers or a screwdriver. I'm pretty sure that hammer works too. Everything needs to be interacted with every 7 days to some degree. If you forget to leave things inside like planks, you can dismantle it by one stage and rebuild it.

what about craftable storage boxes? i had some with stuff in them but they 3 days later they despawned.. i cant play daily and am not always home. usually i am at home 2 or 3 days and them ill be gone for multiple days.. does that mean i can never really have a base?

• Sapphire
1 hour ago, Talford1004 said:

With the sink kit in mind, would drinking from it count as an interaction? Same with opening gates?

No in both cases the sink will despawn if not disassembled and reassembled we found this the hard way, about 10 sinks later we still forget. As for gates see My post above, don't forget to leave excess inside them for interaction options.

1 hour ago, Anime EDM said:

what about craftable storage boxes? i had some with stuff in them but they 3 days later they despawned.. i cant play daily and am not always home. usually i am at home 2 or 3 days and them ill be gone for multiple days.. does that mean i can never really have a base?

By craftable do you mean the small wooden boxes? Not got a lot of experience with those but I'm pretty sure they last longer than 3 says by default are you sure they weren't stolen?

2 hours ago, Rickets said:

No in both cases the sink will despawn if not disassembled and reassembled we found this the hard way, about 10 sinks later we still forget. As for gates see My post above, don't forget to leave excess inside them for interaction options.

By craftable do you mean the small wooden boxes? Not got a lot of experience with those but I'm pretty sure they last longer than 3 says by default are you sure they weren't stolen?

no lock was still on the gate