Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 05:19

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 40 minutes | Nyheim City

VZ.58 Damage changed?

NinjaGriffon

• Titanium

I'm not sure if this holds up today, but I've known in the past that the damage on the VZ.58 is far too weak considering the bullet it uses and it's role as an assault rifle.

As far as I know, the VZ.58 should be on par or similar to the AKM due to it being a czech version of the AKM, that uses the same 7.62x39 round. Despite this, the VZ.58 in game is significantly weaker to the AKM, making the weapon undesirable to even an AK-74.

Wondering if anything can be done about this, I'd love to be able to use native (in the lore) designs when I need to go be hostile monke.

• Diamond

If this is true then I got to agree that it should be much closer to, if not on par with, the AKM. Same bullet and more or less the same barrel length (a difference of 2.5cm) should mean same, or extremely similar, damage. Also gives people more choice on what guns to use, and player choice is important.

• Emerald

The VZ.58 (as someone who has used it significantly) is a nearly equal, lower recoil alternative to the AKM.

You can be hostile monke with the VZ just like you would with an AKM or M4, this one is just a middleground for the two most popular rifles in the game.

I don't see the need in changing it.

• Titanium
7 hours ago, NillerSB said:

The VZ.58 (as someone who has used it significantly) is a nearly equal, lower recoil alternative to the AKM.

You can be hostile monke with the VZ just like you would with an AKM or M4, this one is just a middleground for the two most popular rifles in the game.

I don't see the need in changing it.

Aye, that's good, I had just heard somewhere the VZ wasn't that good, good to know that I can monke with it