Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 02:50

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 16 hours, 9 minutes | Nyheim City

Stamina... Please :(

There needs to atleast be better stamina, or maybe infinite stamina. I keep finding myself die to zombies because my character cant muster up the will to keep running to save his own life from the undead. Also I need to get around the map faster and not spend 90% of my time running 10km... Please 😞

• Titanium

All I can really say here is, get used to it. Travel light, be more okay with sneaking around infected and being more cautious that way. It's tough at first, but it's unlikely that the stamina is changing any time soon. 

• Diamond

I agree with Ninja. Traveling light is best.  Though I have a habit of keeping an eye on the sheds I can run to and climb on just in case I get overwhelmed.   When all else fails..... Hoard epi pens.

1 minute ago, NinjaGriffon said:

All I can really say here is, get used to it. Travel light, be more okay with sneaking around infected and being more cautious that way. It's tough at first, but it's unlikely that the stamina is changing any time soon. 

😞  DayZ ai is too good and they always just see me through walls and stuff

Just now, Bunnie said:

I agree with Ninja. Traveling light is best.  Though I have a habit of keeping an eye on the sheds I can run to and climb on just in case I get overwhelmed.   When all else fails..... Hoard epi pens.

tough to do when I can't find a lick of loot tho

• Titanium

DayZ ai is too good and they always just see me through walls and stuff

not really. You just gotta watch for them is all, Keep your eyes peeled, crouch around in towns, and sneaking up on infected and hitting them with a sharp object 1 shots them now, so, they can be easy to dispatch as well. It takes some practice, but, we all have had our troubles with it, you gotta have yours too sometimes.

• Diamond

The update to the infected should help a bit.  Eventually the infected will get bored and wander off...if they can't see or hear you that is.  If that doesn't work... throw something in a direction.  The infected should chase that for a moment or so.

• Emerald

Ai is still just as stupid as before. Just lure them in buildings and close the door behind you. I hope i never see infinite stamina be added to the server. Server allready has enough of the pub server feeling with a map with coordinates and traders.

• Diamond

I do agree that the stamina should be tweaked slightly to make people run farther for a few more seconds or so. Maybe not have items be such a heavy burden since majority of characters are practically triathlon cross-fit athletes by this point with all the running, swimming, and such we do. 

• MVP

Our stamina is currently doubled from the vanilla value, increasing it any further would be a little too much. 

• Emerald
3 hours ago, LiterallyIkea said:

There needs to atleast be better stamina, or maybe infinite stamina.

No, this would make it far too easy to just sprint from Zombies.

I keep finding myself die to zombies because my character cant muster up the will to keep running to save his own life from the undead.

Shoot them, or run into a building.

Also I need to get around the map faster and not spend 90% of my time running 10km... Please 😞

This is the true nature of DayZ as a whole, and as Whitename said we already have double the amount of Stamina that Vanilla DayZ has... I encourage you to get familiar with the basic game mechanics and try to avoid large towns for you to not die to the Zombies as fast as you do right now, there's actually an amazing video from RavPlays that gives an in depth beginners guide if you are interested.

Spoiler

😞  DayZ ai is too good and they always just see me through walls and stuff

Also no, they have a amazing hearing capability though and you can use that to your advantage by throwing stuff like stones, road flares, knives, clothes, anything really to make them look the other way for a few seconds. Also if you crouch and stay on grass i find it very easy to not get spotted.

Also as many others have said, travel light. You don't need to carry around a backpack that holds loot for you and your 4 friends all the time and it'll make it alot easier to get away from Zombies and Players alike.

Hope this helped, have a good day 😄

• Lore Master

I just turn god mode on . Issue solved

Stamina is not only affecting personal convenience, it`s also an important, balancing factor in other areas of the game, especially in combat. A player with a lot of gear has maybe the advantage of firepower, but at the cost of mobility and stealth.

Are the infected annoying? Yes. Is it annoying to run out of stamina? Yes. But in the end, we are playing a post-apocalyptic survival game, where personal choices, as well as the infected, are meant to have impact.

A limited stamina will ultimately force you to make decisions and set priorities: Is it really worth taking that bigger backpack? Which items do I really need? Can I risk taking the shorter route through the city, or do I take the safe route around it to the trader?

I understand you feel frustrated, but if you watch your surroundings and approach the infected with a healthy respect, you will be able to deal with them. If you travel by yourself, try using the one-shot mechanic by sneaking up to the infected from behind, as this will make your tools last longer and prevent an alarmed infected from attracting more of its kind. Niller also posted some really good tips.

While I often have the convenience of being driven around, I still run around by myself, trying to scrape together what I can find and sell it. I know what it`s like to have to travel over the entire map by foot while being heavy as a rock, and I`d still say I feel like the stamina we currently have is generous enough already. Give it some time and you`ll get used to it. 🙂

Have a great day!

• Game Master

Just hold W with nothing in your hands, infected can't catch you. Game is finished btw

As for getting round map faster, come buy a car : )

• Legend

Stamina isn't an issue to be honest. I have like two guns, plate carrier and a backpack full of food and still have way over half of a bar. Just got to think smart about the bar, if you are running make sure you dont fully run out of stamina and stop before it runs out. However, out of curiosity can you show us what you have on your inventory? I have a feeling you may carry a raid bag full of random stuff. 🙂 

• Diamond

ngl infinite stamina would cool

Like Elmo said, literally jogging in a straight line works provided the infected aren't directly next to you. The map is pretty useful to just walk in a straight line to where you're going to. but yeah also buy a car, from me not elmo. he has more roubles than me

Stamina is a factor in you should always take in consideration when picking up stuff. Do you wanna be a walking armory or do you wanna be a slick runner?

Start by making compromises on various items, look at the weight of each item and perhaps remove it and always drench your clothes.

Other than that, escaping zombies is easy, just continue running and they'll stop. Or enter a house, lay low for a bit then sneak out and go forward with your journey.