Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 12:03

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 6 hours, 56 minutes | Nyheim City

Unnecessary necessary post

Ryan Shepherd

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Screenshot_20210523-104813_Firefox.thumb.jpg.f7f1a93fef103ba7e3b932d5189f82db.jpg

Why the verdict is not fair:

I received an unnecessary post warning which seems fairly harsh. The topic of conversation had evolved to a certain few people complaing that the bases they were building were being raided, ruining their experience of the server and how it should be banned etc. During the conversation I came to the conclusion that these certain few people would be more suited to playing DayZ in single player, so as they would not be menaced by other players who have their own play style that does not suit these people. These people in my opinion wanted to loot and build a base and not to be bothered by others. Something that can easily be done in single player. In a previous post I suggested they should give it a try as it seemed to suit them more. However I did not tell them how to do it. After some thought awaiting their responce, I thought I should find a youtube tutorial on how they could do so, so I found a suitable video and decided to show them and anyone else that was interested how to do so. I had not realised others had posted when I clicked post, assuming it would automatically edit my original post and add it to that post which it usually does if someone else has not posted. Stupidly on my behalf I had not checked to see if others posted. Having said that, it was relevant to where the conversation was going so I feel the UP verdict that was dealt was rather harsh. Especially considering the entire first page of group threads consist of 'lets goooo' posts that seem to bypass this ruling but they must be adding to the thread in the eyes of staff I guess.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

It was completely releveant to the topic at hand.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

Points removed and post re-instated.

What could you have done better?:

I should of checked if there had been posts made before I posted assuming it would edit my original post automatically.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd
  • Ryan Shepherd changed the title to Unnecessary necessary post
  • Diamond

Greetings Ryan Shepherd,

The staff team have reviewed this and decided to DENY your request, while people may have been discussing offline raiding in the topic, you then decided to add a video to show people how to download offline mode. The concept of offline raiding is irrelevant to the concept of DayZ's offline mode. It was thus irrelevant to the thread. By posting this video you contributed nothing other to the thread than a mockery of the arguments being presented against offline raiding. Mocking other people's arguments does not contribute to the conversation.

With that being said,

\\ Appeal denied

Signed : @Lettuce @Duplessis