Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 23:39

No more rain

Craig

Rain.  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond

Simple, I think we should remove the rain. The audio noise is annoying, the visual effect is not good and annoying, its gets your character cold which is also annoying. The rain is just plain annoying,  its depressing and I think the server would be much better without the rain. Am I alone in thinking like this or is does anyone else agree with me? What are your thoughts? My main issue is the audio and visual effects being shit.

• Sapphire

I agree on some parts.  The VERY loud rain storms and visual effects are not cool to me, but I do enjoy a light rain.  I've also heard from some people who don't have a powerful pc that It causes lag.

• Administrator

But without the rain how will be keep the plants and grass growing? Water is essential for plant life to thrive and make the world look green and amazing. We need the rain, rain is good. Besides if the audio is the issue for you just put in earplugs and make it quiet.

Rain is part of the game and is just a silly thing to remove. I feel like a roleplay server should have rain. If its bothering in game to listen to then maybe you should go inside?

• Diamond

Rain is part of the game. We don't wanna baby-mode this too much, do we? As for rain's "loudness." Well..have you actually experienced some of the heavier rainstorms? That shit is actually, genuinely loud. -1

• Emerald

Remove completely? Nah. To be fair, I do find the rain quite annoying sometimes, but removing it completely would just take away some of the atmosphere. Maybe turn down the chance of rain a bit more instead of removing it?

• Emerald

I agree with it being toned down, but not removed completely.. chernarus is a eastern country where it is bound to rain alot lol.

• Emerald

Definitely a -1.  If your having trouble not hearing shit during conversations, just use the earplugs or go inside. And you could argue that it's removed from the game already since 8/10 times a GM changes the weather the second  it starts raining anyways.

• MVP

Nah. It’s a part of the environment. 

• Diamond

We can't get rid of rain.  It helps the plants grow and looks pretty cool when it rains.  Besides you can always go inside when it gets to loud.  Too bad we can't use an umbrella when it rains to make the sound a little quieter.  💚

I also need it as a reason to wear raincoats and wellies. 😋

As much as I hate the rain, just literally makes no sense for the world to not rain. It adds life into the world, like I'm running around with a guy and it starts to rain, 'ah damn we gatta get into some cover so we don't get wet' just adds a little life into the world. It's like saying no snow in winter. I understand it is annoying but it just doesn't make sense to remove 😕

and if you have an issue with sound, put in ear plugs. And yes, rain makes you wet, that's what rain does.

I would say no to this 100% of the time. As I can agree that the audio is a bit too much sometimes, but that doesn't justify to remove it completely. As ppl stated before. It's part of the game.

Voted yes on accident.

The rain certainly is annoying audio wise but the earplugs help with that a lot. The temperature is annoying but I haven't been affected so heavily by it to the point where I think we should remove it. 

Tone it down, sure. But let's not get rid of it.

2 hours ago, Azu said:

Voted yes on accident.

The rain certainly is annoying audio wise but the earplugs help with that a lot. The temperature is annoying but I haven't been affected so heavily by it to the point where I think we should remove it. 

Tone it down, sure. But let's not get rid of it.

I was just going to suggest using ear plugs. It helps if the noise is too loud. Also works with rain.

Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey.... Whiskey makes my baby, feel a little frisky.

Gonna have to be a -1 from me. Rain adds a certain atmosphere to the game. yes, Sometimes its constant and to much but I still love rain rp. I love rain irl as well, so I guess I'm just built a bit different.

• Titanium
Posted (edited)

I love rain because something so mundane and natural can create some great role play opportunities. My character changes attire during the rain, often throwing on wellness, a rain jacket, and a poncho while it rains.

Rain provides an opportunity for those rping in a city to have a reason to change atmosphere. It might be strange for one stranger to suggest to another that they go inside to talk, especially when tensions are running high. Rain, however, facilitates that change to environment naturally. Some groups postpone travels due to the rain, leading to chance bump-ins with others running for shelter.

My character likes to fish in the rain, he feels it helps the fish bite better. I’ve had people stumble across me fishing in the rain and it startles them because they don’t expect someone to be standing out in the rain.

while some of this boils down to my personal preference, I think rain gives some great RP opportunities. 

#savetherain 

Edited by Coyote
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)

I like the rain it gives me a reason to wear my cute pink raincoat and boots tbh. If its annoying I always just throw my ear plugs in and  wait also I agree with @Infernohow the fuck my drugs and plants going to grow if we don't have the rain.

Edited by JRP
  • Sapphire

*looks out my window* Where's the rain go 😱 -1 without rain DayZ wouldn't have the environmental additions it brings and the torment it also brings to us players when all you hear is that heavy rain coming down on us ruining everything we own 😊

• Sapphire

No thanks. Already there have been changes that change the way things go, removing rain will just be more unrealistic, sure when summer hits we can see less rain and eventually a thunderstorm at the end, but to just remove rain for commodity, might as well remove darkness because reasons.

Big -1.

• Sapphire

AS long as summer CORNARUS has like 5-10% of rain compared to this shit i don't really care if it stays or goes maybe a reduced % chance of rain because right now it rains maybe 75-80% of the time to the point where its earplugs in or tab out and afk till its over. Don't really get why some man have put passive aggressive comments though, not very constructive. 

• Titanium

Personally love the rain, but mostly that's an aesthetic thing for me.

I could agree with lowering the amount of rain by a good amount, but never fully remove the rain. It's chernarus, we're on a coastline, in a temperate climate, it's gonna rain.

• Sapphire

Rain should be reduced but not removed.

• MVP

Yeah I agree with the rain not being removed but as others have stated having it reduced because it seems to be raining all the time and our characters are going to look like shriveled up raisons here soon.

200.gif