Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 19:30

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
ONGOING | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Ends in 59 minutes | Nyheim City

S1: Invalid Kill/Attempted Invalid Kill in Vybor Military 5/19/2021 12:32PM

Ghosty

• Sapphire

Server and location: S1 Chernarus, Vybor Military

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 12:32PM UTC    5/19/2021

Your in game name: Nicholai Crenshav

Names of allies involved: No one

Was looting through Vybor military, and went up the stairs to the jail building.  Someone had put a bear trap down, and armed it.  I couldn't stop moving when I saw it, and I stepped in it and broke my leg.

• Diamond

Connection Logs

Spoiler

11:20:04 | Player "Nicholai Crenshav" is connected
12:35:09 | Player "Nicholai Crenshav" has been disconnected

07:16:26 | Player "Zachary Anderson" is connected
08:50:20 | Player "Zachary Anderson" has been disconnected

Hit Logs

Spoiler

12:32:20 | Player "Nicholai Crenshav" (pos=<4507.3, 8269.5, 320.6>) hit by Player "Zachary Anderson" (pos=<0, 0, 0>) with BearTrapHit into LeftLeg(8) for 90 damage (BearTrapHit)

Placement Logs

Spoiler

07:38:11 | Player "Zachary Anderson" (pos=<4508.5, 8269.4, 320.5>) placed Bear Trap

Calling in the following people for their full and detailed POVs and any unedited video evidence they may have

@Ghosty | Nicholai Crenshav - OP
@StreamySquire | Zachary Anderson

If either of the parties mentioned above are interested in talking this out in the Helpdesk then please let us know, Thank you!

• Administrator

As @StreamySquire has been in-game since being called into this report, he will now be temporarily banned until he provides his POV.

Hi! just wanted to start off by saying I'm really sorry @Ghosty I wasn't aware it actually killed someone, reason I placed down the trap was to see if a zombie could trigger it . Which it didn't, I attempted to disarm the trap but the prompt wasn't showing. I left it be thinking the server restart would get rid of it, but unfortunately it did not.  

Truly Sorry, Streamy

• Administrator

Thank you for your POV @StreamySquire, your temp ban has been removed. Please keep an eye on the forums in case we have any further questions for you.

• Administrator

VERDICT

@StreamySquire | Attempted invalid kill - GUILTY

SUMMARY

AIK | It is forbidden under Rule 4.10 to place down deployable traps such as bear traps and landmines in areas which are not within a walled off base. Because someone else was damaged by the bear trap, this constitutes an attempted invalid kill. It is very easy for traps such as these to kill players if they are low enough health. To confirm that this was not within a walled off base, the staff team checked and found that it was not. As a result this constitutes a violation of Rule 4.10. We have quoted it below and highlighted the relevant portions of this rule in regards to this report;

4.10 Deployable weapons such as land mines, bear traps and similar items work in two different ways:

1. When deployed by the base owners inside a walled off and closed base, these weapons will be treated as defensive measures and thus any kills done by them will be considered valid even without any kill rights
  2. When deployed anywhere or by anyone else they will be treated the same as any other weapon, so for example:
  • If someone gets injured or killed by your mine or trap which you placed in the middle of a town or a forest, it will be treated the same way as if you shot/killed them on sight with a gun
  • If an enemy you have valid kill rights on steps on your mine, the kill will be considered valid

We are appreciative that you tried to remove the bear trap, @StreamySquire, however in the future should you find yourself unable to remove items which you have placed, such as a bear trap, please feel free to join the Helpdesk and ask a Gamemaster to delete it for you.

OUTCOME

@StreamySquire | Attempted invalid kill - 2 day ban, 10 warning points

Signed by @Duplessis, @Basko, @Realize and @Lettuce