Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 22:38

DayZRP Community Guidelines Update

Hofer

• Emerald
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Hofer said:

religious beliefs

So this means i wouldn't be allowed to pull up a pagan viking group?
Does this also mean that if my character is / was pagan now i guess. I gotta remove his religion and all the RP that's been made with it?

Edited by MaybeleleLR
  • Game Master

An interesting change in the playing environment of DayZRP. I hope these changes will be taken in well. Personally I think it will not affect the general roleplay on the server too much. It is just something that people need to keep in the back of their heads.

Lets see how this works out. Hopefully we will attract more streamers by following these guidelines.

• Sapphire

Tweetch gauidelines importent 

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hofer said:

• Terrorist groups

Like the CLF ?

anyways i agree with the rest off the stuff, im sure we can still make intresting RP without screaming the gamer word.

Edited by Knight
  • Sapphire
2 minutes ago, MaybeleleLR said:

good question cause then we gotta go lmao

• Lore Master

Wait im utterly confused, ethnicity and race... So chernarussians cant hate russians anymore? I appreciate the move and the work the admins are doing here, but im left confused what can be done.

Just now, PandaSimp said:

good question cause then we gotta go lmao

nah, ur groups awesome. Stay.

• Support
2 minutes ago, MaybeleleLR said:

5 minutes ago, Hofer said:

religious beliefs

I second that question, do I have to discard my Orthodox priest now so I don't cause offence to others?

• Emerald

@PsiSyndicate ill see u next week mate

so can we play chedaki / clf or not? because those would be classed as 'terrorist organisations' 

1 minute ago, Stagsview said:

nah, ur groups awesome. Stay.

and no it isnt smh me and my homies hate @MaybeleleLR😠😠😠😠😠 (love u really homeslice(

• Emerald

So now I can't do marriage RP?! ngl i'd really love to have a list of words that is banned other than the n-word and the f-word. Are words like retard still able to be used or do they fall in somehow?

5 minutes ago, Hofer said:

religious beliefs

Whelp, there goes my Jehovah Witness RP.

I can see why it's there for certain believes, but not all of them. (But you can't really allow one and don't allow the other)

Time to make DayZRP a more mature and family friendly place.

• Owner

I see there is still confusion. We have written the rule to be clear that these things are not allowed to be used to attack others. So you can still role play a priest or have a group that promotes gay rights. The point of the rule is that you can't attack others based on those things, hunting down people of certain religion or race, calling them racist names etc.

It's the saying things and attacking others based on those factors that has been forbidden, not role playing a character of certain skin color, religious belief or sexual orientation.

Does this make it more clear? Suggestions to improve the rule wording to prevent confusion?

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Roland said:

ITT: People who have not read the rule and start asking questions 😄 

i read it , asked some of your staff members already. couldn't give me an answer. 

CLF,
ye or neh ? 

just got awnserd , thanks.

Edited by Knight
  • Head Admin
1 minute ago, Knight said:

i read it , asked some of your staff members already. couldn't give me an answer. 

CLF,
ye or neh ? 

Yes.

You can't have groups based on terrorist organizations IRL, that share symbolism and similar things, just like before. This is no different from how it was yesterday.

• Emerald
2 minutes ago, Roland said:

I see there is still confusion. We have written to rule to be clear that these things are not allowed to be used to attack others. So you can still role play a priest or have a group that promotes gay rights. The point of the rule is that you can't attack others based on those things, hunting down people of certain religion or race, calling them racist names etc.

It's the saying and attacking others that has been forbidden, not role playing a character of certain skin color, religious belief or sexual orientation.

Does this make it more clear? Suggestions to improve the rule wording to prevent confusion?

yes this makes it more clear now, thank you trolle.

• MVP

As long as I can still call @Hoferstinky I’m happy

Jokes aside good change, didn’t need to be chimping around like that anyways. 

• Diamond

OK, so you cannot attack people based on their religious beliefs, their made up characters religious beliefs incase that attacking their made up characters religious beliefs offends their ooc feelings? Am I getting this right? So if I worshipped a fire god and wanted to purge all other religions in the area, I cannot go around hunting people down who worship water gods, or rock gods?

Also, I am no longer allowed to voice my characters hatred or dislike, not my beliefs but my characters beliefs, of other religions whether that religion is made up or not?

• MVP

honest opinion? some of these things seem a bit over the top. if people get offended, they shouldn't be on the internet.

I also feel like the character you play doesn't represent the person you are OOC, so people should be allowed to create whatever characters they like given they provide quality rp (if they chose to be racist, etc.) and not troll around. I think that's where the line is.

• Support
6 minutes ago, Craig said:

OK, so you cannot attack people based on their religious beliefs, their made up characters religious beliefs incase that attacking their made up characters religious beliefs offends their ooc feelings? Am I getting this right? So if I worshipped a fire god and wanted to purge all other religions in the area, I cannot go around hunting people down who worship water gods, or rock gods?

Also, I am no longer allowed to voice my characters hatred or dislike, not my beliefs but my characters beliefs, of other religions whether that religion is made up or not?

Yeah, that is what it sounds like. So as an Orthodox priest I no longer can call Catholics "schismatic heretics" nor I can persecute the Rodnovery for being pagans. 

• VIP
8 minutes ago, Craig said:

Well, I, for one, think this is a good change and will keep the server on top of the Google search bringing in more people here instead of blocking us as it did in the past.
So sacrificing some RP for the overall betterment of the server. YES, sign me up!

• Support
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Craig said:

If I understand correctly, if our makebelief discriminations result to real life discrimination of the players or the viewers, it is against TOS. 

But what about makebelief discrimination that stays in the realm of makebelief like Craig's example? 

Because all parties except for the viewers make a conscious decision to be in the realm of makebelief and fiction. Shouldn't the discretion of the matter be on the viewers instead of the players, who know what they do is "fake"?

To add, would it be a good idea to add a rule that DayZRP streamers must add a disclaimer warning the viewers of the themes of DayZRP?

Edited by DrBrain
  • Diamond
13 minutes ago, DrBrain said:

If I understand correctly, if our makebelief discriminations result to real life discrimination of the players or the viewers, it is against TOS.

Here's the issue with this though, I don't know your real life beliefs. If your character is a Christian and your Christian and my character calls your character dumb for believing in Christianity, I could possibly OOC offend you even though I don't know your OOC beliefs and I'll get hit with BadRP.

• Lore Master
1 hour ago, Hofer said:

Uniquely created hostile groups, that are based on ideologies like nationalism are still allowed. Some of their choice of words may have to be toned down in game though

I'm happy to see you left the door open for CLF 3.0.

All in all I don't really care for not being able to use racial slurs and whatever, never heard them in proper context either - but this one irks me:

1 hour ago, Hofer said:

religious beliefs

No

• MVP
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Craig said:

Here's the issue with this though, I don't know your real life beliefs. If your character is a Christian and your Christian and my character calls your character dumb for believing in Christianity, I could possibly OOC offend you even though I don't know your OOC beliefs and I'll get hit with BadRP.

I agree that playing a fictional character should not limit the style of rp you wish to portray, because it is afterall FICTIONAL. If people really get offended about fictional roleplay, then they don't belong on the internet. It's just a fact.

Also, am I understanding correctly that nationalists are still allowed to portray racist chernarussians that don't like russians or westeners, but westeneres aren't allowed to do the same if they wish?

This whole rule change is just going to limit so much RP.....

Also:

If I don't like a religion, i should be able to portray my character correctly. If my character doesn't believe in more than 2 genders, then i should be able to portray that too. Does it mean I have the same beliefs ic as ooc? No.

Edited by Phoenix