Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 21:00

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
STARTING SOON | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Starts in 29 minutes | Nyheim City

Just me?

CrescentGent

• Sapphire

Hey all, so I've recently had an urge to RP again and so It's kind of like re-discovering DayZ all over again. New mechanics, additions etc. and I've run into a common issue, is it just me?

I'll start off normal and as I'm going about my regular looting spree, I'll top up on food and water etc. as I go but when it comes to needing more food, it never shows? Every building I check, every piece of clothing I check -- Not a scrap of food and has been the cause of my death the past 3 times over. It sucks and is rather de-motivating as I can't even get to RP since I starve to death constantly. Is this just me? Is it perhaps my luck? I find everything else fine,  but food items are rare asf. 

any tips at all?

Just you.

No seriously, DayZ is like a very personal experience. You'll have those who won't have issues in finding food, and others who will keep struggling. Best thing to do is arm yourself and start shooting up zombies, they tend to usually drop food and should get you covered. Or take on hunting chickens, as those are pretty common.

Just don't give up on this slight inconvenience. You're gonna have a hard time now, but once you start finding food casually, you should manage just fine.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Woodzie said:

Just you.

No seriously, DayZ is like a very personal experience. You'll have those who won't have issues in finding food, and others who will keep struggling. Best thing to do is arm yourself and start shooting up zombies, they tend to usually drop food and should get you covered. Or take on hunting chickens, as those are pretty common.

Just don't give up on this slight inconvenience. You're gonna have a hard time now, but once you start finding food casually, you should manage just fine.

Agreed. As someone who recently came from official servers, I can say food is a lot easier to come by on the DayZRP server, or at least it seems so. And hunger/thirst doesn't degrade as fast.

Once you gain some momentum with looting, food typically becomes less of an issue. Killing the odd infected is smart too as Woodzie suggested, they spawn tuna, soft drinks, and other misc. food items.

Edited by logn
Posted (edited)

Ok, I have... This exact... Same issue. Anytime I play Dayzrp, specifically Dayzrp, I never Find ANY food. Like none. 0. I've died soooo many times. Lots of my mates think I'm a complete noob because of how much I struggle to find food, but its only on this server. As Woodzie said its all personal experience. None of my friends have the issue. Just me. How to avoid it from becoming demotivating? Figure out where hotspots are. Where people are who can save your ass. As soon as you spawn, eat what you have and run straight to the hotspot. You usually can make it depending on spawn. Also as woodzie said, Kill zombies, that saved me like literally 5 minutes ago, I was starving to death, 1 out of like 20 zombies will have a can of food, I cleared out an entire town and found 1 can. 

Oh and from personal experience, if you have issues finding food, dont make a character who must carry light. It will be 10x worse.

Edited by Geek
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)

Yeah, when I wasn't in a group surviving was terrible when you're a fresh spawn. Cause all you wanna do is get to the RP but you have to spend hours looting up and then hours travelling trying to find people, I've always said that food and drink levels need to go down a lot slower than they do and also increase the amount of spawned food, unlimited stamina would also be neat too.

Edited by Craig
  • Administrator

Sometimes it just really do be like that, my friend. This game we like to play is a very strange beast. For some people, you'll find too much food and end up throwing some away. For others, you never find any.

I would suggest instead of looking for food, kill a chicken or go hunting. Canned food is more difficult to find, animals seem more abundant to me, so I focus my energy after respawning on finding a weapon of any kind and just killing a deer or something.

Alternatively, you could kill infected, since they seem, more often than not to me, to drop a can of tuna or some sardines, or at least something to get you started.

• Emerald

I find this server to be excruciatingly brutal lately when trying to survive as a fresh spawn without any help. Before, I found the majority of my food and other supplies via killing zombies. They use to (I do not know about now) have a decent chance at dropping food, but now, with 1.12, the zombies are a massive pain in the ass. They seem to detect you from so much further away, and the inability to stun lock them with a lot of melee weapons has been just a massive fuck off for me. The splitting axe which used to be a 1-2 hit kill, now takes forever to kill a zombie. A single zombie is a massive pain in the ass now and I honestly really dislike it. I prefer the threat of zombies to be in the numbers, when several aggro on to you at once, not individual ones. 

This is purely my experience though, but I would have to echo other people's opinion here and say that unless you're in a group, or get a lucky spawn close to where people are, it's very brutal to play solo.

• Emerald

I have only played solo since 1.12 and when it came out I died a couple times. However, since then I have been on one life. The game isn't meant to be easy, but it's really not that hard. IMO

• MVP

Maybe I just get lucky but I don't have an issue finding food. Most of the times I find it on infected so maybe that's the meta, or I'm just lucky.

• MVP

It's sods law, really. Only shows up when you don't need it etc etc.

I hear the orchard behind the pub is a great way to stuff your bag full of fruits. B)

• Sapphire

The civilian trader is selling food and drinks for the cost of barely anything.
(you can sell almost all civilian items there.)

Try looking for chickens, sheep, ect.

here is a guide how to fish.

Spoiler

xmd0k3rs3nd51.png.d4067ae92c91d56b52917b22e3ab15ea.png

All animals except fish give bones.
Including humans.

• Game Master

Might be just you to be honest. I am having zero problems finding food at all. For me the survival aspect of DayZRP is rather on ''easy mode''. I used to play lots of hardcore survival on public Namalsk servers. Once you played on that, you will learn how hard getting food can be. Getting on DayZRP Chernarus then feels like a way easier experience.

You might just have been unlucky in the places that you checked for food. The spawns of food are definetely there and seem rather easy to find. You just have to look in the right places. This mostly comes with experience of playing the game.

• Emerald

Food on this server compared to most others is extremely easy to find.

Especially since they changed the nutrition values of food items, you can run straight from the coast to NWAF, find a can of Tactical Bacon™️ and be just fine for another 2 hours.

So yeah, unlucky.