Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 11:38

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 7 hours, 21 minutes | Nyheim City

Allow the selling - BUT NOT BUYING - of explosives

Allow the selling of these items?   

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, in an effort to balance gunfights and make base building not be wrecked within a nanosecond with explosives bought in bulk, it was decided to remove the explosives from the traders and tone down their spawns. 

Now, this thread ISN'T FOR THEM TO BE SOLD AGAIN. This suggestion is to allow the launchers/rockets/satchels to be sold to the trader ONLY in order for players who get lucky and find them a reason to take them other than blasting into bases. This can be done by putting a -1 in the Trader config to disable them from bring purchased but allow them to be sold. 

Now, @Rolandsaid that a suggestion must be put up in order to gauge if this would be OK with the community. So players of DayZRP, cast your votes and put your own thoughts down as well. As for prices, they will be desirable otherwise there would be no incentive to sell them in the first place. 

• MVP

I think high tier guns/explosives that are not buyable should at least be able to be sold. Don't see why anyone would disagree.

Yes please. Just because the traders can't sell em to me, that doesn't mean they should not accept them and sell these things in Takistan or whatever other country they also do business.

• Diamond

Yes indeed. I'm tired of trying to sell them players. I'd rather just sell them to a trader because when I play, no one is around. 

• Emerald

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr we just completely remove the traders as i see no reason to even still have them.. currency in a zombie apocalypse that'll be a quick fix to get ur gear back fast is a bit of a meh but that just my opinion on it, however i voted for those items you said @Taffinator to be able to be sellable but not buyable.

• Diamond

This could actually bring a lot more traderRP to the server, the sell price should be really high to encourage people to sell them but also to drive a bargain for themselves with other players/groups. If the sell price was say in the thousands of roubles as they are powerful weapons, they could use these to buy favors with groups/players because of how rare they could be, just a quick example. +1 from me.

• Titanium

Oh yes! Definitely a +1 for me as well! I always leave them behind because I know I can't sell them easily... It would make sense to be able to JUST SELL THEM! 

I already made this in the file I sent to roland but he wanted a suggestion to be posted since the community wanted them removed from traders in the past. 

Simply put, you can add any item to the trader with a sell price but no buy price. I think these things should be sellable if not everything to be honest.

• Administrator

Explosives, Launchers, FALs and SCARs should not be sold by the traders. I like the thought of being able to sell them to the trader. +1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Explosives, Launchers, FALs and SCARs should not be sold by the traders. I like the thought of being able to sell them to the trader. +1

I agree none of this stuff should be purchasable at all, but the option to sell things like this with their increased rarity could be a nice way for some people to make larger sums of money. Especially the more hostile bandit style groups. 

Edit: Also a good way to deal with the overabundance of some of these things (rockets and launchers) without just shooting them like we do currently.

Edited by General Rickets
  • Emerald

+1 I actually hate how much explosives I find on a run because at the moment they are worthless so being able to just sell them would be amazing.

• Sapphire

I would go for the allow all explosives to be sold, but not bought option. 

It would be interesting if there was specific black market trader for this type of thing, or if you can only sell certain explosives at certain traders but yeah for sure we should be able to sell them

• Game Master

I'd like the option to flog my explosives to the trader cause the spawn rate is decent and you really don't need as many as the server gives you unless your target is Fort Knox. I'd rather not be able to buy them though, seems sorta sus.

• Sapphire

I find explosive and I wanted to sell them to the traders. +1

• Titanium

I like this idea for the warheads and satchel charges, but not the launchers themselves. I feel like launchers are common enough without the traders, but warheads can be hard to come by, so should sell for a pretty penny. Satchel charges for the same thing, it's another way to gain profit, and hopefully, a pretty good sum of profit.