Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 05:34

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 25 minutes | Nyheim City

Change server location

Banksyy

Server Location  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

Hello, poll is pretty simple.. change server location to somewhere like europe / france / germany. The majority of the players are from europe and it makes no sense for the server to be in Canada or USA wherever it is over there for the minority of actual americans who play.

• Sapphire

Are the majority of players from Europe? I've always thought North America was the majority as the server population is usually peaking during North American prime time hours. 

• Sapphire

Honestly I don't believe server location change would affect the player base. Sure, it might give us, Europeans a better ping, but in the end won't add or remove population. The difference of 100/150 extra ping will just flip from EU to US players. 

Unless @Rolandhas a better say. 

• Emerald

I personally, agree.

But considering im from the UK i am obviously biased about this situation, what if we just put it in Flores in the middle of the atlantic ocean

thankyou gamers 

• MVP

I remember years ago when I saw the stats I was surprised by how many NA players were there. I'd maybe take a look to see if indeed the majority is in EU area and change the server location accordingly.

• Emerald
24 minutes ago, Elrod said:

I personally, agree.

But considering im from the UK i am obviously biased about this situation, what if we just put it in Flores in the middle of the atlantic ocean

thankyou gamers 

Hardly biased, most people if not all who voted no are american.

13 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

I remember years ago when I saw the stats I was surprised by how many NA players were there. I'd maybe take a look to see if indeed the majority is in EU area and change the server location accordingly.

Not sure where you can check those statistics, battlemetrics doesnt give out that information.

30 minutes ago, Pepsi said:

Honestly I don't believe server location change would affect the player base. Sure, it might give us, Europeans a better ping, but in the end won't add or remove population. The difference of 100/150 extra ping will just flip from EU to US players. 

Unless @Rolandhas a better say. 

Its not really to bring new players, i thought / think the majority of people who actively play are from EU and other countries rather than the americas.

• MVP
1 minute ago, Final Banksyy said:

Not sure where you can check those statistics, battlemetrics doesnt give out that information.

@Rolandshould have those stats. Maybe he can post them here, they are pretty cool to look at.

• Administrator

Don't see the need to change it personally. Unless Europeans are having extremely atrocious ping issues, I really don't see the need other than a moderately lower ping.

Why fix it if it isn't broken?

Coming from a perspective of a player from rural Wales with an Internet that can, on average net me 0.5MB download with around 2.5MB upload, I though I would get stupid ping issues. 

I was pleasantly suprised that my ping in game (using the ping! Chat command) was a pretty good 91ms on average. Would it be better if the server was EU based? Absolutely, but as it stands I have no say either way tbh. 

• VIP

I have to agree with this! From experience, a server in the UK usually gives ruffly the same latency to Europeans as to the East coast USA, so I think the UK could be a good location. Other games like EVE-online has their server in the UK and primarily receive complaints from far East Russia and middle to the west USA and, of course, some other far away countries.

• Diamond

@Rolandwhat continent are most of the players from? 

Otherwise, I doubt it really matters. I believe Roland stated that servers in the US are more powerful. Not sure. 

• Owner

About 50% of all players are from the US. The other 50% is split between europe and other parts of the world. US server is the best compromise for everyone since it gives a decent enough ping to both US, EU and AU players. And since this is not a PvP server, it works 🙂 

We can't change server even if we wanted to, we have a 1 year contract for it which I just recently renewed for quite a large sum.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:37 PM, Final Banksyy said:

Hello, poll is pretty simple.. change server location to somewhere like europe / france / germany. The majority of the players are from europe and it makes no sense for the server to be in Canada or USA wherever it is over there for the minority of actual americans who play.

We used to have server on europe, and it was changed to US servers if i remember right. And i dont think they did change the servers to US without a reason.

• MVP

I voted no to this because I'm American and I don't like change 🤣. But in all seriousness like Dup stated, if it's not broke then don't fix it. I really didn't think people were having any serious issues, enough to warrant the server to be moved yet again.....? Oh shit, I seen Roland's answer so I'm guessing this suggestion is going to be a :

Looney Tunes No GIF by swerk

I'd love the server to return back to Europe, back to Rolle's house, but alas it's not really gonna make any difference. Perhaps EU players will have better ping, but the rest will end up having it worse. So yeah, no.

• Emerald

NA players reign supreme. Keep the server over here.

• Diamond

I think we keep it in @Roland's basement sounds much more chill. Also I want a poll now of where everyone is from. I think we would find a close split I dont mind where the server is just please don't make it in upside down land or the far east of Russia. Thanks