Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 05:34

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 25 minutes | Nyheim City

Change server location


Banksyy

Server Location  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Emerald

Hello, poll is pretty simple.. change server location to somewhere like europe / france / germany. The majority of the players are from europe and it makes no sense for the server to be in Canada or USA wherever it is over there for the minority of actual americans who play.

Link to post
  • Sapphire

Are the majority of players from Europe? I've always thought North America was the majority as the server population is usually peaking during North American prime time hours. 

Link to post
  • Sapphire

Honestly I don't believe server location change would affect the player base. Sure, it might give us, Europeans a better ping, but in the end won't add or remove population. The difference of 100/150 extra ping will just flip from EU to US players. 

 

Unless @Rolandhas a better say. 

Link to post
  • Emerald

I personally, agree.

But considering im from the UK i am obviously biased about this situation, what if we just put it in Flores in the middle of the atlantic ocean

thankyou gamers 

Link to post
  • MVP

I remember years ago when I saw the stats I was surprised by how many NA players were there. I'd maybe take a look to see if indeed the majority is in EU area and change the server location accordingly.

Link to post
  • Emerald
24 minutes ago, Elrod said:

I personally, agree.

But considering im from the UK i am obviously biased about this situation, what if we just put it in Flores in the middle of the atlantic ocean

thankyou gamers 

Hardly biased, most people if not all who voted no are american.

 

13 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

I remember years ago when I saw the stats I was surprised by how many NA players were there. I'd maybe take a look to see if indeed the majority is in EU area and change the server location accordingly.

Not sure where you can check those statistics, battlemetrics doesnt give out that information.

 

30 minutes ago, Pepsi said:

Honestly I don't believe server location change would affect the player base. Sure, it might give us, Europeans a better ping, but in the end won't add or remove population. The difference of 100/150 extra ping will just flip from EU to US players. 

 

Unless @Rolandhas a better say. 

Its not really to bring new players, i thought / think the majority of people who actively play are from EU and other countries rather than the americas.

Link to post
  • MVP
1 minute ago, Final Banksyy said:

Not sure where you can check those statistics, battlemetrics doesnt give out that information.

@Rolandshould have those stats. Maybe he can post them here, they are pretty cool to look at.

Link to post
  • Administrator

Don't see the need to change it personally. Unless Europeans are having extremely atrocious ping issues, I really don't see the need other than a moderately lower ping.

Why fix it if it isn't broken?

Link to post

Coming from a perspective of a player from rural Wales with an Internet that can, on average net me 0.5MB download with around 2.5MB upload, I though I would get stupid ping issues. 

I was pleasantly suprised that my ping in game (using the ping! Chat command) was a pretty good 91ms on average. Would it be better if the server was EU based? Absolutely, but as it stands I have no say either way tbh. 

Link to post
  • VIP

I have to agree with this! From experience, a server in the UK usually gives ruffly the same latency to Europeans as to the East coast USA, so I think the UK could be a good location. Other games like EVE-online has their server in the UK and primarily receive complaints from far East Russia and middle to the west USA and, of course, some other far away countries.

Link to post
  • Diamond

@Rolandwhat continent are most of the players from? 

Otherwise, I doubt it really matters. I believe Roland stated that servers in the US are more powerful. Not sure. 

Link to post
  • Owner

About 50% of all players are from the US. The other 50% is split between europe and other parts of the world. US server is the best compromise for everyone since it gives a decent enough ping to both US, EU and AU players. And since this is not a PvP server, it works 🙂 

We can't change server even if we wanted to, we have a 1 year contract for it which I just recently renewed for quite a large sum.

Link to post
On 5/15/2021 at 11:37 PM, Final Banksyy said:

Hello, poll is pretty simple.. change server location to somewhere like europe / france / germany. The majority of the players are from europe and it makes no sense for the server to be in Canada or USA wherever it is over there for the minority of actual americans who play.

We used to have server on europe, and it was changed to US servers if i remember right. And i dont think they did change the servers to US without a reason.

Link to post
  • MVP

I voted no to this because I'm American and I don't like change 🤣. But in all seriousness like Dup stated, if it's not broke then don't fix it. I really didn't think people were having any serious issues, enough to warrant the server to be moved yet again.....? Oh shit, I seen Roland's answer so I'm guessing this suggestion is going to be a :

Looney Tunes No GIF by swerk

Link to post
  • Moderator

I'd love the server to return back to Europe, back to Rolle's house, but alas it's not really gonna make any difference. Perhaps EU players will have better ping, but the rest will end up having it worse. So yeah, no.

Link to post
  • Emerald

NA players reign supreme. Keep the server over here.

Link to post
  • Diamond

I think we keep it in @Roland's basement sounds much more chill. Also I want a poll now of where everyone is from. I think we would find a close split I dont mind where the server is just please don't make it in upside down land or the far east of Russia. Thanks

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...