Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 21:26

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
STARTING SOON | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Starts in 3 minutes | Nyheim City

Enigma Cipher Machine - Create secret messages for general RP/Events

Should the Enigma Cipher be added?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• MVP

Nice. Looking for a job?

• Administrator

Very cool @Roland check this out.

We are also looking for Devs currently if you wish to apply you can do that here

Also, so people can vote if they want this in game or not, you need to add a poll to your suggestion.

• MVP

Post a Steam link?

• Head Admin

Cool stuff. Looking forward to seeing more

• Lore Master

I want this 🙂

• Emerald
Posted (edited)

This is awesome, as someone who used to do encryption roleplay on the radio message forum. (sadly it was banned by staff because they couldnt read was what in those message, out of fear that it was inappropriate (spoiler alert is was the most respectfull radio roleplay out there))

Yhea this entire thing is beautiful, it has alot of applications and if I were still around I would enjoy the new challenge of trying to crack this one. I never managed to crack @Empress 's inititial application off it on the radio chatter forum.

But I am older and with more cryptology expierence and would gladly give it another shot when it comes around again. I'd say this would give some great roleplay.

My only feedback maybe would be that it could be considered incredibly hard to find the correct rotors if theres that many of them to decrypt a message, but then again that might make it fun.

Anyway awesome coding and an awesome job, now somebody MODEL HIM THE ENIGMA MACHINE. @Empressthis feels like a job for you, seeing as you love are obsessed with this particular apparatus.

Edited by RedSky

This is really cool! I’d imagine it could have some interesting applications in roleplay if implemented. I’d love to see it in-game.

• Developer
4 hours ago, Whitename said:

Nice. Looking for a job?

Well, definitely not looking for a programming *job*, I already have one of those, but I'd definitely be interested in volunteering, however, I believe I don't yet have enough standing to be eligible yet.

4 hours ago, Realize said:

Very cool @Roland check this out.

We are also looking for Devs currently if you wish to apply you can do that here

Also, so people can vote if they want this in game or not, you need to add a poll to your suggestion.

Poll added 🙂

• Support
Posted (edited)

I love this!

Even with 5 basic rotortypes, 3 rotor locations, never using the same rotor more than once and without the cross-wiring, the cracking can be tough for anyone who doesn't know the basic principles.

But if using all 8 rotortypes and unlimited cross-wiring, we'd have to re-open Bletchley Park!

+1

Edited by DrBrain
  • Developer
3 hours ago, Whitename said:

Post a Steam link?

I've deliberately kept it off Steam since I wanted to offer it as a DayZ RP exclusive  - though ultimately, it would of course need to be posted to Steam, if you want me to go ahead and do that, I will - or I could chuck it in some private Git repo for code review too, whatever you prefer.

3 minutes ago, DrBrain said:

I love this!

Even with 5 basic rotortypes, 3 rotor locations, never using the same rotor more than once and without the cross-wiring, the cracking can be tough for anyone who doesn't know the basic principles.

But if using all 8 rotortypes and unlimited cross-wiring, we'd have to re-open Bletchley Park!

+1

Having cracked a couple of messages for fun, it's a real pain in the behind; gotta find a good crib to get anywhere, usually!

46 minutes ago, RedSky said:

This is awesome, as someone who used to do encryption roleplay on the radio message forum. (sadly it was banned by staff because they couldnt read was what in those message, out of fear that it was inappropriate (spoiler alert is was the most respectfull radio roleplay out there))

<snipped for brevity>

This can of course trivially be modified to log inputs & outputs on the server side if needed.

• Lore Master

@Rolandhire this man.

Also looks pog.

• Emerald

@Roland New Hire?

Also yes, this could bring some damn POG roleplay to the server.

Big +1 from me

• Administrator

This is awesome, bro. I love it.

Hope to see more in the future.

• Diamond

This is fucking epic my guy, having this on here would be soooo lit. I think we found another dev.

• Sapphire
14 hours ago, Olipro said:

-snip-

As someone who is into breaking codes and encrypted messages

yes. add this.

The complexity of the enigma code with the complexity of developing on DayZ and you managed to get these in and work.

Good job and I hope you'll be given an opportunity for your talent !

• Diamond

Mind fucking blown! Let's add this to the server! 

• Administrator

This is actually a pretty cool lookin thing, could of course use some buffin here and there imo but all in all really nice thing you got made.

• Developer
52 minutes ago, Inferno said:

This is actually a pretty cool lookin thing, could of course use some buffin here and there imo but all in all really nice thing you got made.

What is it that you feel specifically could use a tweak?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Olipro said:

What is it that you feel specifically could use a tweak?

Maybe the overlay? I don't know personally I feel like it could done a bit differently I just wouldn't know how but in the end it's your make. Like I said it's a good mod you going there.

• Developer

Holy crap this is amazing.

We need this. Speaking as someone who used Enigma ICly for a long time, this would have made me the happiest possible!

Posted (edited)

This would be very cool for lore events and such. Great work on the mod too, looks really good. Looking forward to seeing it IG! +1

Edited by Rosario
  • Lore Master
7 hours ago, Empress said:

Holy crap this is amazing.

We need this. Speaking as someone who used Enigma ICly for a long time, this would have made me the happiest possible!

Texture it and il use this in events a lot