Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 23:46

mod issues?

Aron73

• VIP

I was not present at the entire community meeting, so maybe this question has been answered, and I just missed it.
But I'm sure everyone wonders about this question, so this is for our staff mostly, but if you know about this then plz answer.
I have seen many DayZ servers with a lot more mods than we do and they work great one example is the current server I'm playing on, so my question is: Why do we have such issues with certain mods? And yes, I know some of them have rules against monetized servers but let's just forget about those and focus on the mods that seem to cause issues with our server.

• Emerald

From what i remember being said at the meeting, it might be something to do with dayzrp mod.. i suggested to completely remove the mod and remake it from scratch from the ground up to see if it fixes anything.. but honestly i think it might be dayzrp mod too.

• VIP

I'm not going to lie, but I did suspect as much, and even though it might be a lot of work remaking the DayZRP mod, I think we should do so sooner than later. After all, many new mods might be awesome that we can not use due to an outdated mod we use.

• Owner

What I answered at the meeting is that we don't know 🙂 DayZRP mod is not outdated or written poorly in any way and for the most part does very basic things code wise. We did try to run a minimalistic version of DayZRP mod that removed all custom scripts once and it did nothing to help with crashes. I suppose it's some kind of 3rd party mod incompatibility but debugging the issue is close to impossible with how DayZ server works right now.

Maybe server box has something to do with it? was changing server host considered as an option? there are servers with more mods and suprisingly better performance.

• VIP
14 hours ago, Roland said:

What I answered at the meeting is that we don't know 🙂 DayZRP mod is not outdated or written poorly in any way and for the most part does very basic things code wise. We did try to run a minimalistic version of DayZRP mod that removed all custom scripts once and it did nothing to help with crashes. I suppose it's some kind of 3rd party mod incompatibility but debugging the issue is close to impossible with how DayZ server works right now.

Thank you @Rolandfor clearing that up. I was not on the entire meating due to RL stuff so I must have misst that

12 hours ago, Thrynn said:

Maybe server box has something to do with it? was changing server host considered as an option? there are servers with more mods and suprisingly better performance.

I'm not going to lie but I have no idea what your talking about and on that note I'm not a programmer eather unless Commodore 64 basic counts :D.

But maybe it is somesthing we can look in to? like talking to devs from diffrent servers with a diffrent server box?

• Developer
On 5/10/2021 at 6:25 PM, Roland said:

DayZRP mod is not outdated or written poorly

Thanks for the pat on the back.

The "DayZRP mod" is such a light mod that it's almost inconsequential compared to any other mod. In terms of logic & scripts, it's just a few very tiny quality of life fixes. I guess anything is still possible and it's worth to just narrow it down by removing & re-adding parts of it sequentially, but I do doubt it.

• VIP

Well, We still have not come to a conclusion why so many mods seem not to work on our server. That's what this whole topic is about not throwing dirt at the staff team. I personally you ladies and gents are doing a great job.