Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 05:02

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 57 minutes | Nyheim City

Mod suggestion: sVisual

Mod suggestion: Add sVisual?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

EDIT: I feel like I need to mention this. Every single feature can be turned off and tweaked to your own liking in a separate option tab, but for people like me who don't get motion sickness or have any problems, I really would love this mod.
Sunglasses also work in some extent, not blocking the sunrays but put like a tint when you are wearing them.

Original post:
I've tried this mod on another server and it looks pretty damn awesome!

Here's some info about it:

sVisual aims to improve the PostProcessing effects and make them easier to work with, while allowing for extensibility and easy tweaking.
It also adds some new features like:
- Dynamic Depth of Field
- Headbob
- Motion blur
- Camera improvements

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2469448088&searchtext=sVisuals

Edited by Ingal
  • Administrator

I won't lie, I'm not fond of the whole vision blur when changing the way you look, because to me it frankly hurts my eyes. The camera improvements sound great, as does the depth of field, but I can see the issues people would have with the motion blur (as I have already mentioned) and the headbob.

• Diamond

Head Bob and Motion blur are notorious for causing nausea and motion sickness in some people. I'm also not a very big fan of DoF myself.

• VIP

Head bob...All I have to say is take a walk and tell me if you see yourself bounce up and down. If you do, there is something seriously wrong with your nerve system because you should not.
The first thing that I turn of in-game is head-bobbing. Everything else is fine like motion blur

-1 from me

Solid -1 from me.

If these extras were a standard setting in DayZ as it is in most games, most would have had them turned off. Some effects may look cool but if you are a content creator some of these effects can be added thru edit softwares. I dont see a reason for this to be added.

• Administrator

Big no. People with motion sickness would hate us for this.

• Head Admin

oh god no -1 all of these are settings I always turn off. It's horrible to look at

• Emerald

on the fence with this, the game is already decently looking enough.. especially at 1440p and above.

this will just only ruin peoples FPS howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrr it does say on the mod page that it can be tweaked and toggled client side so not sure

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Big no. People with motion sickness would hate us for this.

Yes.

As a person sensible to motion sickness and enough frustrating experiences with games that have these types of settings, I can tell you that headbob AND motion blur would turn the game unplayable for me to the point where I'd throw up after 10 minutes.

Depth of view is also quite a subjective topic, some might love it, I personally would absolutely hate it. Especially combat-wise.

So no, -1 from me

• Lore Master

I get sick just sitting in a car irl. No thank you pal

Please no, but interesting suggestion nonetheless. 

this would be absolutely torture to me and other that easily get motion sickness. for that reason alone, big no for me. 

• MVP

I would love to see the camera improvements but not at the expense of my keyboard when I get sick 🤮 lmao.  I really don't think I could handle the whole head bob and motion blur when looking around. I just want to play the game and not blow chunks playing on this running simulator. So -1 from me pal.

throw up team america GIF

• Emerald

Sorry but it's gonna be a -1 from me.

I kind of like not having to become sick from playing my favorite game, which is why i have motion blur off.

• Administrator

No, like everyone else said this is a great way to get yourself sick. I don't think I've meet a person yet who doesn't turn off motion blur the second they open a new game. It's better to have things clean and clear than cinematic like this.

• Support
Posted (edited)

I have a vision problem with lightness and this mod would just fucked up my eyes more, and also these things is the ones that i always turn off every game.
Big -1 for me.

Edited by Snow_

I for one would love this mod, 
DoF is a a nice thing to have to hide low quality distant LODs and bad Anti-aliasing.
As the mod goes I see no downside in having it. All the effects can be disabled with a quick visit to the options menu
(if all the values could be set to 0 by default it would be even better, so all the lazy gamers don't have to even bother checking the settings)

Although seeing the poll results I can probably give up already.
Shame...

Still +1 from me.

• Emerald

If there is a way to keep motion blur turned off, I would be interested.  I really don't want to get nausea when playing 😞

Undecided for now.

Posted (edited)

The depth of field looks nice but its not always good to have and to be honest its always turned off in most of the games I play. Motion blur and head bob speak for itself its not nice and distracting, it could possible also make people sick.

-1 for me

Edited by Rosario

I was going to quote people but decided against it since it would have been like 15 quotes. Every one else has said how I feel about it.

• Sapphire

+1

It's client side tweakable. If you don't want the Headbob or Motion Blur, turn it off. At least the option is there for those who want it.

On 5/11/2021 at 1:56 PM, CrescentGent said:

+1

It's client side tweakable. If you don't want the Headbob or Motion Blur, turn it off. At least the option is there for those who want it.

Yes, it's completely up to you if you want the effects or not. But having the option for those who like would be nice. It also work in 3pp with a recent update.