Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:50

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 9 minutes | Nyheim City

9th of May - Victory Day Service

Isylon

• Support

*The radio buzzes into life on public channels, an elderly man with heavy Slavic accent begins to speak*

Brothers and sisters! Tomorrow, the 9th of May is Victory Day, the 76th anniversary of our victory over the German invaders and the end of the Great Patriotic War! I believe that in these hard times we should still cherish the memory of the sacrifice, bloody, tears and sweat that our grandfathers and grandmothers shed in a war of immense destruction for the sake of our freedom and peace. And just like back then, we should show an united front against the common enemies besetting us from all directions, wanting to wipe out our lives, corrupt our customs and beliefs! Just like our ancestors we shall never back down! 

*The old man lets out a small cough and clears his throat*

So as a commemoration of Victory Day I am offering prayers and weapon blessing at the church of Saint Sergius at Kabanino to the Orthodox Faithful from 17:00 UTC. Come along and bask in the blessing and grace of the Lord Almighty!  Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and always, and unto the ages of ages. Amin.

*The transmission ends, but repeats once every hour for the next six hours.*

• Support

*The radio crackles into life one more, the sound of winding down church bells can be heard. The same old man's voice breaks through*

That war died down a lot of springs ago,
On his knees the old soldier cries.
With a hardened hand he strokes the dark granite,
Where their battalion lays under the grey slab.

Gold from the sun on the chest covered in medals,
The war handed them out with a steel hand,
Generously filling every wound with lead,
And in pain screamed with a twisted mouth.

How many lives of the innocent were taken away by that war,
How many were burnt in their tanks and died in the fields,
How many of them did not live, only the earth knows,
They laid down their lives for you and me.

So that they loved and lived. How they believed in us!
So that our children can live happily now,
So that the morning is born in the blue of silence,
So as not to betray the memory of that distant war.

The old boy has so much pain in his eyes
As on the old roads - tears run along the wrinkles.
The battalion commander rushes to attack again from granite,
A soldier does not leave the battle with his heart ...

How hard it was for those who won the war.
There are so few of them left who have defended the country,
Only so that we can live today.
I bow to the ground to the veterans of the Great Victory.

*A deep and shaky sigh can be heard before the man speaks again.* 

I wish to all of you a happy Victory Day, hope to see you later!

*The radio goes silent*

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

Victor would speak over the radio publicly but sound like he was talking from a distance 

"С Днем Победы! 

Слава Родине!

Слава России!" 

The radio would cut out

Spoiler

Happy Victory Day! Glory to the Motherland! Glory to Russia!

A new Chernarussian voice would come over the radio and would sound energetic and people could be heard speaking in Russian and Chernarussian in the background

"Bratři! Přípitek k našemu slavnému vítězství nad fašismem!

Šťastný den vítězství!

Slava Chernarus! Slava Rusko!

Pracovníci světa se spojují!"

Then singing could be heard

Spoiler

Brothers! A toast to our glorious victory over fascism! Happy Victory Day! Slava Chernarus! Slava Russia! Workers of the world unite!

Edited by AMERICAsimp

The radio crackles to life, and a precise British voice cuts through the airwaves.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to make the service, padre. Please say a quick prayer for my grandfather Charlie, he was an excellent soldier.

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning,

we will remember them."

After a short burst of static, the radio cuts out.

*Thrynn began to speak through the radio with strong, Polish accent*

"Victory our grandfathers and grandmothers achieved was indeed result of their sacrifice, blood, sweat and tears, but we can't forget that they managed to ally eachother, to create strong covenant and then face common enemy forgetting about own conflicts and diffrences, all of true Slavic nations united to oppose German invader and to defeat him.. Russians, Polish, Ukrainians, Georgians, Belarusians, Chernarussians and many more united together to put an end to German opression, let's not forget this! let's once again put our diffrences aside and forget about our conflicts, to once again unite against Common enemy, Sława to Slavic Nations!"