Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 12:12

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 6 hours, 47 minutes | Nyheim City

Family Friendly DayZRP

Roland

• Developer

I mean... yikes?

But like also, whatever.

Hopefully torture RP won't be affected as a part of extreme violence. It brings out the best and the worst in roleplayers.

• Emerald

To be honest, it was long overdue.. and if people have an issue that they cannot say the 'f word' or the special gamer word then they should go outside and touch some grass.. it will promote more streamers and youtubers to come and play which will most likely make more new people join too

Literally doesn't change any of the RP that goes on really, or at least shouldn't. In regards to the violence you'll probs have to go into more depth around there considering what people do to hostages for information. Makes sense and could hopefully increase population

Just now, Conor said:

Torture is extreme violence... unfortunately it must stop to protect the snowflakes.

And what about terrorism? If one group (for example the RAC) declares another group (for example CLF) as a terrorist organisation, does the second group have to disband to follow the rules?

I do not see how this can be enforced with such broad guidelines. There needs to be definitive lists of exactly what words, actions, behaviours etc. are forbidden.

With so many grey areas people will only find out exactly what is forbidden when they get banned for it.

He speaks the truth you're going to have to sit with the GM and Admin team and write specific guidelines and go into all specific areas which are currently pretty common practice on the server and outline what is and isn't allowed.

• Diamond

I respect it,  as long as hostileRP is still welcome bring the thin skins

• Game Master
11 minutes ago, Roland said:

In practice this means that you as a player will no longer be able to use certain words or role play some actions in game related to harmful, oppressive or abusive topics, including but not limited to racism

Damn bro, not playing here anymore, I'm too scared to be racist irl so I do it on the internet instead 😳

Really though, I don't really care if we can't say a few different words if it means getting more players on the server, my biggest concern would be over things like torture and firefights and how that would play out with these new rules.

• Emerald

Not very poggers I must say. I personally think this is a mistake because most twitch streamers and people who like this kind of friendly rule set are already on other servers that provide that to them. I doubt this is going to do anything other than drive away the players that you already have, my 2 cents. 

Good luck lads!

i was tortured yesterday and enjoyed it but my character is insane so i had to play into it lmaooooo

• Legend

Normally I'd be against this, but considering recent events I'm all for it. The fact that members of the community have felt pushed out due to attacks regarding these subjects is ridiculous to put it simply.

• Diamond

Does this mean people who play Pro-Chedaki and Pro-CDF/CLF characters will need to tone it down a bit? I mean in terms of being xenophobic towards foreigners in Chernarus, or the themes of the lore (terrorism from NAPA, war crimes from Chedaki and CDF)? It's a bit of a shame if they do since I quite like how immersive it is, but if it's gotta be done so be it

• Diamond

Are we going Woke? Because I, as a Gay man, am NOT offended by Homophobic slurs or insults when it's all in character. So don't be offended for me. I do understand that we should be more considerate of other player's feelings... but if censoring ourselves to fit into an algorithm is the way, then so help us because I disagree with this. We already do not allow the Hammer & Sickle but are we going to start permitting other Woke slang because the modern world has evolved around it? I think more clarification is needed. 

• Head Admin

You can be hostile without shouting the n-words and f-words.

They weren't used cleverly anyways, mostly just an excuse to use them.

I for one am very happy with this change 🙂

• Diamond

I don't really agree with this because to me this limits roleplay for some of the less creative people out there but eh I guess its what ever none of us going to change what he thinks unless its all of us

• Game Master
1 minute ago, Conor said:

Torture is extreme violence... unfortunately it must stop to protect the snowflakes.

And what about terrorism? If one group (for example the RAC) declares another group (for example CLF) as a terrorist organisation, does the second group have to disband to follow the rules?

I do not see how this can be enforced with such broad guidelines. There needs to be definitive lists of exactly what words, actions, behaviours etc. are forbidden.

With so many grey areas people will only find out exactly what is forbidden when they get banned for it.

You don't make the rules based on the minority, you make them for the majority. We can go back and forth all day listing niche examples of roleplay scenarios and how they should be ruled on, but at the end of the day, I think this comes down to common sense. I think we're all capable of knowing what's right and wrong in the eyes of Twitch TOS, particularly how touchy they can be. 

• Emerald
3 minutes ago, Queerios said:

I think we're all capable of knowing what's right and wrong in the eyes of Twitch TOS, particularly how touchy they can be. 

Naw not really, and I think that’s why most normal people hate twitch TOS, because it’s incredibly vague and SJW as fûck 😂, it’s like a bubble where normalcy doesn’t exist.

• Head Admin
8 minutes ago, Cor said:

Does this mean people who play Pro-Chedaki and Pro-CDF/CLF characters will need to tone it down a bit? I mean in terms of being xenophobic towards foreigners in Chernarus, or the themes of the lore (terrorism from NAPA, war crimes from Chedaki and CDF)? It's a bit of a shame if they do since I quite like how immersive it is, but if it's gotta be done so be it

No. This will mainly affect what words they can use while being hostile towards other people, as well as some extreme cases of torture (such as rape which was already disallowed previously).

In practice this means that you as a player will no longer be able to use certain words or role play some actions in game related to harmful, oppressive or abusive topics, including but not limited to racism, homophobia, rape, terrorism, hate speech, hate symbols and some types of extreme violence. 

In short: Specifics will be fleshed out and detailed more soon. The change is not implemented today, and we will make sure to get you proper description on what this actually changes before we go live with it.

• Diamond

Very happy to see this and these rules being put into place, in this day and age do you really need to be dropping the n bomb and other stuff. 
Lets be real there is rule play and then there’s being edgy and most the time it’s people being edgy.

Congratulations are needed @Hofernot surprised your co owner at all and you deserve it. Here’s looking to the future and a booming player base 

• MVP

Animated GIF

I’m cool with it honestly. It’d be nice to see more Youtube/Twitch content come from the server. 

I know some people like to assume the worst when it comes to changes like this but I’m sure when the meeting happens everything can be more properly fleshed out by Rolle/Hofer in terms of what will be allowed and what won’t be. I doubt there will be much of a change in how RP rolls along within the server especially Hostile RP. 

Had a lovely conversation with 

37 minutes ago, Roland said:

co-owner @Hofer-chan

and he cleared up some of my concerns so looks like its a good change looking forward to see what specifics get outlined.

Usually i'd be against any form of censorship but i don't think this will really affect anyone. I have personally never heard the Nword or Fword ingame. And if it helps the server it's okay!