Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:47

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 12 minutes | Nyheim City

so dissapointed..

i am already having an insane hard time finding someone to rp with... its like no one is ever on.. then for the first time im doing good for myself and a bug gets me stuck and kills me and I AM NOT ALLOWED TO GO BACK. even though i find it bs that i died and one one even knows.. very demotivating

It's called getting Dayz'd, and it happens to everyone every once in a while.

Try to not care about loot. Loot doesn't affect roleplay. 

1 minute ago, Anime EDM said:

i just hate the ruleplay over roleplay a lot.. i mean is killing the fun of rp. 

i mean i died of game issues not anything rp related... 

I get it man I really do...

I wish people would just value RP over anything else.

I think you should have been allowed to get your gear since it was just a bug but alas ruleplay.

Just now, Mike said:

I get it man I really do...

I wish people would just value RP over anything else.

I think you should have been allowed to get your gear since it was just a bug but alas ruleplay.

as said dissapointed.. lots of good rp's end up leaving because of stuff like this.

Why would you leave the community because you lost gear and wasn't allowed to go get it? 

Why would the NLR rule kill RP? It simply disallows you from regaining gear or disallow you from reentering an RP situation in which you died. which again, doesn't affect RP...

2 minutes ago, Spess said:

Why would you leave the community because you lost gear and wasn't allowed to go get it? 

Why would the NLR rule kill RP? It simply disallows you from regaining gear or disallow you from reentering an RP situation in which you died. which again, doesn't affect RP...

it just kills the motivation. you work for something so you can rp certain things and after spending hours of doing that the game decides to take it away from you.

i was totally in the spirit of rp'ing but when stuff like this happens.. its such a killer

it just kills the motivation. you work for something so you can rp certain things and after spending hours of doing that the game decides to take it away from you.

What kind of items are we talking about? I don't see why you would need specific ingame items to do RP...

Just now, Spess said:

What kind of items are we talking about? I don't see why you would need specific ingame items to do RP...

clothing. just certain items that make you you. some people work for specific items to get to rp what works best for them

clothing. just certain items that make you you. some people work for specific items to get to rp what works best for them

I sorta see what you mean but still it's always replaceable. I usually find rp and go loot while RPing with others.

Just now, Spess said:

I sorta see what you mean but still it's always replaceable. I usually find rp and go loot while RPing with others.

i can never find anyone. i was just happy because for the first time i didnt die and was doing wel for myself and for a stupid bug to take it all away... even had items i wanted to rp with. its just not fun anymore. yes you can re loot and find it again. but thats like saying.... hey i know your pc broke but you can just get a new one... only it takes effort and money and maybe the old one had some special value to you.. 

Just now, Anime EDM said:

i can never find anyone. i was just happy because for the first time i didnt die and was doing wel for myself and for a stupid bug to take it all away... even had items i wanted to rp with. its just not fun anymore. yes you can re loot and find it again. but thats like saying.... hey i know your pc broke but you can just get a new one... only it takes effort and money and maybe the old one had some special value to you.. 

But what if you die to a game mechanic such as infected and lose it all? Would that make it different? Or what if you die in a firefight or got robbed? 

Just now, Spess said:

But what if you die to a game mechanic such as infected and lose it all? Would that make it different? Or what if you die in a firefight or got robbed? 

if zombies kill me its gotta be rp'd

Doesn't always have to be the case. Infected can kill you when noone is around... 

Just now, Spess said:

thats all rp related.. but if you get wedged into a wall and have zombies still be able to hit you while you litterally can not move.. because its a game and when the game says you cant move you litterally cant move. even though irl you wouldnt even get wedged into a wall in the first place. now thats failrp IRL you dont get wedged inside a wall

Just now, Spess said:

Doesn't always have to be the case. Infected can kill you when noone is around... 

yes but i got killed by infected before when also no one was around. then i start over because it could happen irl too.

thats all rp related.. but if you get wedged into a wall and have zombies still be able to hit you while you litterally can not move.. because its a game and when the game says you cant move you litterally cant move. even though irl you wouldnt even get wedged into a wall in the first place. now thats failrp IRL you dont get wedged inside a wall

All i can really tell you is to enjoy this game you have to accept that you can sometimes lose gear. The NLR might seem unfair sometimes but it is 100% neccesary on Roleplay servers. The staff team can't make exeptions every time someone dies to bugs or when noone is looking. Because it happens all the time.

2 minutes ago, Spess said:

All i can really tell you is to enjoy this game you have to accept that you can sometimes lose gear. The NLR might seem unfair sometimes but it is 100% neccesary on Roleplay servers. The staff team can't make exeptions every time someone dies to bugs or when noone is looking. Because it happens all the time.

partly disagree on that. yes there needs to be strictness. but always at all time being strict does not get you a good thing. sometimes there need to be moments where you look trough a rule.  always being strictly on rules is not always best for people or a community.. look at cities and leaderships. you can make rules here and there and but even the police will overlook simple wrongdoings. because at the end you just want to be happy with eachother. and help eachother when its needed. if you keep rules strict everyone wil eventually grow to hate eachother and you will end up with the good side the bad side. etc etc... i could go on but i hope you get my point of view. imo in proper RP rules are not always to be followed. as my last community i was in.. if good roleplay can be achieved from it the rule can be abandonned... ofcourse if no one is a witness of the issues that occured

• MVP

I agree with you. People dying from stupid bugs and not being able to get their stuff back or return back to the RP that might have been happing there is truly demotivating. Unfortunately that's just DayZ for you, I would love to be able to help out people that died due to bugs as long as they can show me evidence of it, but as of right now we are not allowed to help in those cases because if we help one person, we have to help all and we might not be around 24/7.

I don't really agree with it, so it is what it is. I also died like 2 days ago cause my internet dropped for a hot 5 seconds. I just learnt to live with it.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Anime EDM said:

partly disagree on that. yes there needs to be strictness. but always at all time being strict does not get you a good thing. sometimes there need to be moments where you look trough a rule.  always being strictly on rules is not always best for people or a community.. look at cities and leaderships. you can make rules here and there and but even the police will overlook simple wrongdoings. because at the end you just want to be happy with eachother. and help eachother when its needed. if you keep rules strict everyone wil eventually grow to hate eachother and you will end up with the good side the bad side. etc etc... i could go on but i hope you get my point of view. imo in proper RP rules are not always to be followed. as my last community i was in.. if good roleplay can be achieved from it the rule can be abandonned... ofcourse if no one is a witness of the issues that occured

I once asked a staff member, i think it was @Roverwhy the rules, and specifically the NLR rule was so tightly enforced on Dayzrp

The strictness of the NLR rule is as such because some people will abuse any leniency in the rule. That's just how it is.

Edited by Spess
2 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

I agree with you. People dying from stupid bugs and not being able to get their stuff back or return back to the RP that might have been happing there is truly demotivating. Unfortunately that's just DayZ for you, I would love to be able to help out people that died due to bugs as long as they can show me evidence of it, but as of right now we are not allowed to help in those cases because if we help one person, we have to help all and we might not be around 24/7.

I don't really agree with it, so it is what it is. I also died like 2 days ago cause my internet dropped for a hot 5 seconds. I just learnt to live with it.

ofcourse not always can someone be around. and ofcourse there also are people simply dont mind. ofcourse for me its just a difficult things since it just kills rp more than just getting it back and moving on.

1 minute ago, Spess said:

I once asked a staff member, i think it was @Roverwhy the rules, and specifically the NLR rule was so tightly enforced on Dayzrp

The strictness of the NLR rule is as such because people will abuse any leniency in the rule. That's just how it is.

ofcourse there is always people like that. but its the same in the real world. you go off of judgement most of the time. not a rule. i think if i were a leader of officer or something with rules to follow i know i wouldnt always follow them. sometimes it does a lot of good to just be forgiving. and understanding. 

4 minutes ago, Anime EDM said:

ofcourse not always can someone be around. and ofcourse there also are people simply dont mind. ofcourse for me its just a difficult things since it just kills rp more than just getting it back and moving on.

ofcourse there is always people like that. but its the same in the real world. you go off of judgement most of the time. not a rule. i think if i were a leader of officer or something with rules to follow i know i wouldnt always follow them. sometimes it does a lot of good to just be forgiving. and understanding. 

I think it would be far too chaotic and arbitrary for staff to have to judge on a case by case basis. Not to mention how people will start discussions like: "why did he get his stuff back and i did not get it back!".

• MVP
4 minutes ago, Spess said:

Not to mention how people will start discussions like: "why did he get his stuff back and i did not get it back!".

This is why we don't help out with these cases. I brought it up for discussion a while back and that was the conclusion. Don't really agree with it as I'd much rather help people even if there will be that one guy to scream bias, which happens anyway.

• VIP

At most times, the NLR is a good rule. There are so many examples of how it could go wrong if the staff were more casual with it.
For example, You die in a gunfight and run back to collect your gear, and someone shoots at you and let's say you kill that person, then you aiding in a gunfight you already "Died" in even though it was just self-defense.
In my experience, I feel dying from a bug is only a small fraction of the NLR rule being unfair.

3 minutes ago, Aron73 said:

At most times, the NLR is a good rule. There are so many examples of how it could go wrong if the staff were more casual with it.
For example, You die in a gunfight and run back to collect your gear, and someone shoots at you and let's say you kill that person, then you aiding in a gunfight you already "Died" in even though it was just self-defense.
In my experience, I feel dying from a bug is only a small fraction of the NLR rule being unfair.

i feel like a bug should be the only thing unfair about the rule? i dont know any other scenario that would be unfair