Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 20:39

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
ONGOING | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Ends in 20 minutes | Nyheim City

What's happening?


Aron73

Recommended Posts

  • VIP

So, where do I begin?
What is going on here? 1/3 seem to PK their chars moderators seem to have a field day giving out points left and right to another 1/3, and the rest seem to want farm points and get banned from here.
I'm not going to name and shame anyone, so if you're looking for that, just move on.
But if this continues, Roland will have an empty server within a month.
Cammon people, it's the end of the world in DayZ, not in RL! It is time to get this server back to what it once was and the reason why I joined, and until today endorse this server in any way, I can and will continue to do until I feel it is hopeless, that there is no turning back from what it has become. Please don't make that happen. Let's keep this RP server as one of the best...No thee best RP server I have ever played on
 

Link to post
  • MVP

People PKing characters is not a problem, anyone can make a new character.

As for people getting points, not going to lie, some of the warning points I've seen give me weirdchamp vibes. I guess people are just bored.

Link to post
  • VIP

I can agree with you there on both points. so lets make this server great again and not dissipear in a wisp of smoke

Link to post
  • Emerald

I've personally lost alot of the drive i had for DayZ and don't really have the luxury of wanting to play anymore, though i haven't seen anyone "tendie-ing" as it seems to be called.

PKing is something that you and you alone choose, unless you massively NVFL and Staff takes it into their hands with the rule they added some time ago.

As for leaving, i wouldn't want to speak on other people's behalf so i have no comment about that.

But as far as i can tell it's not the server that's the root of the problem, it's all the toxicity that is spread within it's community.

Anywho, have a wonderful day lads.

Link to post
  • Support
Posted (edited)

<comment removed>

Edited by DrBrain
Brainfart
Link to post
  • VIP
11 minutes ago, NillerSB said:

I've personally lost alot of the drive i had for DayZ and don't really have the luxury of wanting to play anymore, though i haven't seen anyone "tendie-ing" as it seems to be called.

PKing is something that you and you alone choose, unless you massively NVFL and Staff takes it into their hands with the rule they added some time ago.

As for leaving, i wouldn't want to speak on other people's behalf so i have no comment about that.

But as far as i can tell it's not the server that's the root of the problem, it's all the toxicity that is spread within it's community.

Anywho, have a wonderful day lads.

In some ways, I think your right, @NillerSB.
But many things seem to be because some people have forgotten how to properly RP, especially some of the members of hostile groups.
I seen some absolutely fantastic hostile RP on this server and even died and still did enjoy it. So here is another question. Where did all those great hostile RP's go? I know one of them became a good guy, and I still love his RP.

Link to post
  • Diamond

Moved to community discussion

Link to post
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)

I'm not going to speak for others but that Government event sort of killed my mood and then searching for a reason to play again has been a challenge for me. I'm glad more people are PK-ing but personally I'd love to see more bandits PK as well. Also this anti-hub behavior also is a mood killer because it comes off as people dictating how others should RP. But the final nail on the coffin, is simply the lack of good Mods and removal of popular Mods. Yet other servers don't have this issue. Obviously it's an issue with the DayZRP Mod. The Devs aren't making anything for the Item Shop either and even admitted they simply just maintain the server. 

But above all, I am focused on my job right now. 

One final thought, the lack of player accountability, seems to drive people to label "All Hubs are BAD!" when that's such bullshit. That's like saying all "Hostile RP is bad." When it's not true. Instead of complaining about a RP style, which people should be free to RP as they wish, why don't you point out the individuals that are giving that RP style a bad name? 

Edited by AMERICAsimp
Link to post
  • VIP
12 minutes ago, DrBrain said:

Over the years I've seen a lot of drama and people quitting in a rage. Even guilty of it myself, not too long ago. But in ratio, the good times far outnumber the bad for me personally. 

I had a lot of fun with a lot of the people who quit yesterday. Thanks for the laughs and the cries and even for the frowns at the end. Made me determined to focus on the future good times, not the bad ones from the past. 

See you out there, I hope.

I'm glad to hear you say that! I'm not going to lie, I had some great experience myself, but it seems to become worse and worse every day, and that has to stop.

Link to post
  • Support
Posted (edited)

Well, I Drbrain farted there a bit. 

I dont want to be part of the negative spiral, that's what I wanted to say. 

Edited by DrBrain
Link to post
  • VIP
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DrMax said:

Yeah, warning points have been wild recently. I don’t know what’s happening inside the team, but I blame Hofer for most of it.

Another thing obviously is the player count. From the crazy amount of discord’s I’m in from groups here, everyone talks about the server being boring. A LARGE majority of these players are the ones who sit in hubs and wait for roleplay to be given to them. Over the last 1 and a half weeks, I have been to hotspots all over and meet people from the hotspots who’s roleplay is dry. Sorry to say it. You try to make conversation and they just give basic roleplay back or run away. Most of them just watch you from a distance checking out my ass or something. Like I get it, it’s juicy but come rp with me instead! Stop sitting in hotspots waiting for roleplay to come to you and go out and explore. 
 

Finally another thing is the groups. It seems a majority of groups are active for rights and do literally fuck all for the server. The only ones I see doing anything at the moment are @Jackfish and his lot, transporters and a few dynamic groups. People blame the LM team for not doing events when they can be done easily by groups. 
 

Tldr; stop complaining about not having rp if you sit in a hub waiting for it. Groups start doing shit pls. Stop running away and leaving the server because you’re involved in hostile things 🙂 

This is words of wisdome right here! Here is an hint for all of you. The best RP I have encountered is in the open. Sure hubs can give some good RP but the best RP ever is when you alone run in to a group of 3-5 people and you dont know if they are going to rob you help you or simply wana have a chat!

I just remade one of the best quotes in FA4.
"Hi, there! Are you here to rob me? Ask for directions to Berezino bar, or you wanna trade?"
"Just looking for love, sweetheart."
"Oh boy, you come to the wrong place. My loving days are long gone. You wanna trade...I'll give you a discount."
 

Edited by Aron73
Link to post

From my point of view there's not enough of "Danger" IC to spice things up, I mean yes, there's infected and toxic gas in the north, also black nbc people that seem to be gone, but there's no threat big enough to struggle with on day 2 day basis. Not even a single time I had a thought in my mind, like: It's dangerous to go somewhere, I may die.    So, maybe it's time to think of something that could spice up the gameplay? seeing that Dogs have been added maybe it's time to think of more PVE enemies? maybe more types of Zombies/Infected, more dangerous wild animals that could appear directly in towns?.. I want to mention StalkerZ server here, because there even when number of players can be low at some hours and you find yourself traveling alone, there's soo many dangerous things that you need to watchout for that Gameplay is still Thrilling and interesting.

Link to post
  • VIP
8 minutes ago, Thrynn said:

From my point of view there's not enough of "Danger" IC to spice things up, I mean yes, there's infected and toxic gas in the north, also black nbc people that seem to be gone, but there's no threat big enough to struggle with on day 2 day basis. Not even a single time I had a thought in my mind, like: It's dangerous to go somewhere, I may die.    So, maybe it's time to think of something that could spice up the gameplay? seeing that Dogs have been added maybe it's time to think of more PVE enemies? maybe more types of Zombies/Infected, more dangerous wild animals that could appear directly in towns?.. I want to mention StalkerZ server here, because there even when number of players can be low at some hours and you find yourself traveling alone, there's soo many dangerous things that you need to watchout for that Gameplay is still Thrilling and interesting.

I tend to agree with you there to some extent, but I don't think putting enemies and wildlife in towns would help mainly because if your a new spawn and you aggro one of them and don't have a gun, that would mean one out of two things NWFL or log in a house for them to move on both seem not to be that much fun.
But hostile groups that know how to hostile RP properly would be great, and before someone gives me salt, No, I do not mean Chedaki are bad roleplayers as a group granted some could use some training.

Link to post
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Aron73 said:

I tend to agree with you there to some extent, but I don't think putting enemies and wildlife in towns would help mainly because if your a new spawn and you aggro one of them and don't have a gun, that would mean one out of two things NWFL or log in a house for them to move on both seem not to be that much fun.
But hostile groups that know how to hostile RP properly would be great, and before someone gives me salt, No, I do not mean Chedaki are bad roleplayers as a group granted some could use some training.

This danger doesn't really have to only be reduced to Infected or Wildlife, for example on Namalsk and in StalkerZ you had Emissions, that you had to hide away from, cause they were dangerous to you, DayZRP could have something similiar,  related to Toxic Gas, for example Toxic Rain that occures randomly and you have to seek Shelter or wear full NBC to remain unharmed. "I don't think putting enemies and wildlife in towns would help mainly because if your a new spawn and you aggro one of them and don't have a gun" in response to this, new threats that I refer to should be dangerous even for people that own guns, to make players realize that they are not the "Biggest and Strongest Monke in the Forest" anymore, it's apocalypse and humans position in pyramid of species is lower than it was before it.

ps: As sort of compromise, new PVE enemies could be limited, to appear in High Loot areas only etc.

Edited by Thrynn
Link to post
  • VIP
3 minutes ago, Thrynn said:

This danger doesn't really have to only be reduced to Infected or Wildlife, for example on Namalsk and in StalkerZ you had Emissions, that you had to hide away from, cause they were dangerous to you, DayZRP could have something similiar,  related to Toxic Gas, for example Toxic Rain that occures randomly and you have to seek Shelter or wear full NBC to remain unharmed. "I don't think putting enemies and wildlife in towns would help mainly because if your a new spawn and you aggro one of them and don't have a gun" in response to this, new threats that I refer to should be dangerous even for people that own guns, to make players realize that they are not the "Biggest and Strongest Monke in the Forest" anymore, it's apocalypse and humans position in pyramid of species is lower than it was before it.

Again I agree with you but the problem I think is that if it gets to hard people will start complaining again but yes I love sugestions like this mainly because I'm not afraid to die and loose my shit. I can allways find new gear but finding good RP is honestly geting harder and harder

Link to post

I would agree to some areas having more of a PvE threat, to almost force people to have to team up or at least play much more cautiously. Perhaps tie it to some higher value areas. But some areas still need to be lower threat for fresh spawns and loners during low server pop. This stalker Z sounds like an interesting example. The idea of toxic rain, a less lethal less damaging and temporary toxic cloud, seems interesting. As for there not being enough danger, there is plenty of that but it is all PvP and almost impossible to stand up to. The moment you see a bunch of heavily armed people you know you have no chance, even if you are in a small to medium sized group because these guys come in force, and only an IC moron would actually engage with them if he could hide or run instead. Because if you aren't with them, you are going to have a bad day. Plus the more aggressive teams, both formal and informal, have been very effective at terrorising everyone else and hitting the RP hubs to the point where most of them seem almost abandoned, meaning it is increasingly difficult to find non hostile people to team up with. Hostile RP is all well and good, even vital. But right now a server wide curb stomping is happening and being on the receiving end can be fun every now and again so long as it isn't too hard, but not all the time. I think the rest of the player base needs to be given some time to breathe and not have every effort at coordination or safe areas dog piled into the ground. 

Link to post
  • Emerald

A lot of people have been getting warned for the slightest. The staff recently have been extremely strict and everything has to be down to the letter for the rules. People being warned for AGREEING with mods being added... or saying a mod doesn’t have a certain dog so they don’t want it has been warranting points.. I genuinely do not understand it and it honestly baffles me to the point where I wasn’t even thinking of replying to this thread incase i got points too. 
 

they’re being thrown around left right and centre.. I don’t think that will look good for new players joining who will probably think they cannot have their input or speak their mind on topics or mod discussions. Especially given the low population we have right now.

Link to post
  • VIP
10 minutes ago, Edgeford said:

I would agree to some areas having more of a PvE threat, to almost force people to have to team up or at least play much more cautiously. Perhaps tie it to some higher value areas. But some areas still need to be lower threat for fresh spawns and loners during low server pop. This stalker Z sounds like an interesting example. The idea of toxic rain, a less lethal less damaging and temporary toxic cloud, seems interesting. As for there not being enough danger, there is plenty of that but it is all PvP and almost impossible to stand up to. The moment you see a bunch of heavily armed people you know you have no chance, even if you are in a small to medium sized group because these guys come in force, and only an IC moron would actually engage with them if he could hide or run instead. Because if you aren't with them, you are going to have a bad day. Plus the more aggressive teams, both formal and informal, have been very effective at terrorising everyone else and hitting the RP hubs to the point where most of them seem almost abandoned, meaning it is increasingly difficult to find non hostile people to team up with. Hostile RP is all well and good, even vital. But right now a server wide curb stomping is happening and being on the receiving end can be fun every now and again so long as it isn't too hard, but not all the time. I think the rest of the player base needs to be given some time to breathe and not have every effort at coordination or safe areas dog piled into the ground. 

Here are some vice words. Sorry, I'm out of beans, but you're entirely correct.
I love all sorts of RP, but when you have a hub, and you get raided not only once a day but literally several times a day, it tells me the group doing it doesn't want your group to exist and log out indefinitely.
So let me ask you this. What will you do when it's only you and your group left on the server because no one wants to log on due to boredom.
 

Link to post
  • MVP
1 minute ago, Aron73 said:

you get raided not only once a day but literally several times a day, it tells me the group doing it doesn't want your group to exist and log out indefinitely

If a group is attacking/raiding you several times a day then there are rules like the 2.3 to protect you from it. However, as long as you are getting attacked, provided with great RP and given reasonable demands to follow then there is nothing wrong there and should serve as a incentive to continue the RP.

I mean when we got raided we were all quite happy that we finally had something to do. We went around searching for the people that did it as we had valid IC information, we asked people to help us and overall changed a bit the way we play. And this all happened because of a raid at 4 am. It pushed us to engage in some conflict and have some fun.

Link to post
  • Emerald

You've been around for awhile so I'm sure you're aware of the cycle DayZRP goes through more than I. It rises and falls, no matter what the staff rotation is. Perhaps It's growing boredom with the RP not changing or even just Summer getting people outside. Either way, we'll all be back on the server sooner or later. 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

You've been around for awhile so I'm sure you're aware of the cycle DayZRP goes through more than I. It rises and falls, no matter what the staff rotation is. Perhaps It's growing boredom with the RP not changing or even just Summer getting people outside. Either way, we'll all be back on the server sooner or later. 

I feel like it is different this time, seasoned players are actively leaving, some even tendieing.

Link to post
  • Emerald
1 minute ago, Spess said:

I feel like it is different this time, seasoned players are actively leaving, some even tendieing.

Perhaps this time it will raise concerns that causes these 'breaks' and potentially fix them. Who knows until they know. 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Perhaps this time it will raise concerns that causes these 'breaks' and potentially fix them. Who knows until they know. 

In majority of RP communities (Not only DayZ related) the reason is gameplay/roleplay becoming repetitive, players find themselves interacting with same players over and over doing things that are not much diffrent than what they did  many times before. Same issue as with Singelplayer games, people stop playing because they are bored of content so devs release new game changing Patch or Fabular DLC with new content that lasts for another x ammount of gameplay Hours.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...