Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 23:18

Roleplayer's Suggestions Thread


Timberwolf

After checking all these mods  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Emerald

Hello fellow community members of DayzRP.com, I come here with multiple mods suggestions in an attempt to add something that can be actually interesting. I looked up multiple mods that for the most part adds all sorts of things like clothings, weapons, backpacks and vehicles.

In my personal opinion, I think I had enough of a semi-vanilla experience and although we don’t need items to roleplay, it does add a lot to our experience so I did a bit of research through mods that could be a good fit to all sorts of people. I'm sure it would add a lot of diversity into certain roleplays.

 Mass’s ManyItems 
 FIDOv Pack
 Cl0ud’s Military Gear
 CPB Weapons
 Pickup Lada
 Armored Hummer
 Gas Pump Refuel
 Advanced Weapon Scopes
Weapon sling??????

Of course, that’s an unusual amount of mods in a single thread and I’m sure some of these mods have been in other suggestions with very positive feedback but it was never added. There are plenty of servers that use these mods with no negative effect in the economy or with server instability, the most important part is that Roland can even monetize some of the assets and make mad profit!
bulkyman.png.83ba31c972ec374e3de69bf3af78bab7.png

Link to post
  • Diamond

Yes let's add more Mods. It's dull with out them. But I have no confidence that any of these will be added. 

Link to post
  • Titanium
Posted (edited)

That's a 50/50 for me on this one... I am ALL FOR more mods but, we have enough military weapons already. We don't need more. I wouldn't mind more military clothes/gear but not weapons. 

We need more civilian mods. More civilian clothes, backpack, gear, civilian weapons, etc. More vehicle too would be very nice. Seeing the same old Sarkas, Adas, Olgas, Gunters gets old very quickly. The addition of the BMW is very nice for sure.

We needs mods like the Fishing mod mister @Woodysuggested a little while ago. Or the Mass's ManyItems mod, the PickUp Lada mod, the weapon sling and some of the weapons/gear in the CPB Weapons mod and the FIDOv Pack. Maybe add a little bit of Military weaponry but mostly civilian weapons.

Edited by AlwaysGamer
Link to post

I say no for one simple reason. Server Stability. We have had some of the mods in the past and they at some point had to be removed. Some of them are huge uploads to the server Mass's is one that I know takes bit to upload to a server. I would like to see more items but it seems server stability prevents that.

Link to post
  • Emerald

Yes to Mass's Stuff, the LADA, Cl0ud’s Military Gear (finally proper Flecktarn) and the Pump Refuel mod. I also would welcome some more civilian mods ngl. Also ... WEAPON SLING? PLEASE?!

What makes DayZRP special mod wise? I cannot think of a single thing that I cannot find on other servers at this point. This feels more and more like a dying anti-KOS server tbh. This server is in desperate need of mods. The lore started out with what felt like twice the size of our current mod list. Where did everything go?

I am also quite sick of hearing the current state of the server stability. I played on servers with tripple the amount of mods / objects and I managed to get better client performance on them. To this day I still dont believe DayZRP is running on a dedicated server. Something needs to get changed.

 

Link to post
  • Lore Master

+1 if you want the server pop to go up.

Big +1 from me.

Link to post
  • Emerald
3 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

Weapon sling??????

This has already been commissioned by @Misho.

But when it will be put on the server? No clue.

Link to post
  • Diamond

Having used FIDOV4 in the past, the Gorka hoods and slingbags are worth it in it of themselves. I am always up for more cars, but blatantly biased.

Obligatory as long as they work.

Link to post
  • Support

I have mixed feelings about adding even more items under the guise of attracting roleplayers.

Link to post
  • Head Admin

No to FIDov and the Hummer.

The rest seem fine.

Link to post
  • VIP

I don't know all of these mods, but as long as they don't cause server instability, I'm all for it +1

Link to post
  • Emerald

100% Yes please, mods like these is what we need.. mods that provide variety and actually look cool instead of dogs and rubber floaties.. All of the mods you have put here are just nothing but bliss imo, all add new weapons.. clothing.. tents..even cars. 

+81273812738712367813461235 for me

if none of these get added ill be frazzled, we need mods like these.

Link to post
9 hours ago, AlwaysGamer said:

That's a 50/50 for me on this one... I am ALL FOR more mods but, we have enough military weapons already. We don't need more. I wouldn't mind more military clothes/gear but not weapons. 

We need more civilian mods. More civilian clothes, backpack, gear, civilian weapons, etc. More vehicle too would be very nice. Seeing the same old Sarkas, Adas, Olgas, Gunters gets old very quickly. The addition of the BMW is very nice for sure.

We needs mods like the Fishing mod mister @Woodysuggested a little while ago. Or the Mass's ManyItems mod, the PickUp Lada mod, the weapon sling and some of the weapons/gear in the CPB Weapons mod and the FIDOv Pack. Maybe add a little bit of Military weaponry but mostly civilian weapons.

 Exactly the way i think about it, no more military weaponry because there is enough out there already, more clothing, gear etc. military and civilian would be awesome!

Link to post
  • Emerald

There is really not a lot of content in the workshop to fulfill you guys wishes of seeing more civillian grade weapons, for the most part no modders invest time in it although if you dig through some of the mods I listed, you will be able to find a couple weapons that can fit the usual civie.

Link to post
  • Legend

I like some of them, I think we just need new stuff to bring the server pop up. Get new mods added!! 

Link to post
  • Diamond

If they're stable, +1. Also add the dogs back in too, having no zombies was great.

Link to post
  • Administrator

+1 on Mass, CPBWeapons, the Lada, the refueling and the scopes. These look like quality mods and I think they'd do nicely.

-1 on the rest. Especially on FidoV, which has been said before has a lot of stolen content. It may not seem like a big issue but using stolen content/stolen mod content like that on the server is not good practice imo.

Link to post
  • Emerald

+1 for all of the mods to be added. The server needs some fresh new content to liven up the gameplay, as long as it doesn't cause client/server crashes to happen every 10 minutes.

Link to post
  • Owner

Thank you for taking time to suggest mods for the server. However, you should do some research on the mods themselves before you suggest them because they look cool, some of those are really broken. I know you're not a developer, but just a quick look at last updated date and last 2 pages of comments on Steam Workshop gives you all the information you need to decide whether the mod is usable or not. We have had huge issues with server performance and crashes in the past because of mods and are very careful and skeptical of new, untested mods, especially adding them in bulk, which makes finding the cause of issues that much more difficult.

  • Mass’s ManyItems - script errors with food, imbalanced and OP items, script conflicts prevent trader menu from opening
  • FIDOv Pack - stolen assets, mod re-uploaded on unauthorized account
  • Cl0ud’s Military Gear - not updated for DayZ 1.12, light glare bug
  • CPB Weapons - looks alright, but we already have a lot of these weapons on the server
  • Pickup Lada - back seats unusable, easter eggs baked into the model?
  • Armored Hummer - I believe we already had this on the server during Livonia, was removed because it was broken, perhaps fixed now? Acceptable lore wise?
  • Gas Pump Refuel - we could add this in-house without am external mod, but I don't know how LMs are gonna like working gas stations 😄 Also kind of makes things too easy?
  • Advanced Weapon Scopes - that looks cool, will look into it
  • Weapon sling - that's Misho working on it, it's not finished as I haven't received files for it, talk with him
Link to post
  • MVP
2 minutes ago, Roland said:

Armored Hummer - I believe we already had this on the server during Livonia, was removed because it was broken, perhaps fixed now? Acceptable lore wise?

Lore wise we could always make it work, so I would say yes.

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

Gas Pump Refuel - we could add this in-house without am external mod, but I don't know how LMs are gonna like working gas stations 😄 Also kind of makes things too easy?

Gas pumps are working already, you just have to fuel the jerry can or any other container and then use that to fuel the car. The mod would just be a QOL improvement, won't break nothing lore wise.

Link to post
  • Emerald
12 minutes ago, Roland said:

Thank you for taking time to suggest mods for the server. However, you should do some research on the mods themselves before you suggest them because they look cool, some of those are really broken. I know you're not a developer, but just a quick look at last updated date and last 2 pages of comments on Steam Workshop gives you all the information you need to decide whether the mod is usable or not. We have had huge issues with server performance and crashes in the past because of mods and are very careful and skeptical of new, untested mods, especially adding them in bulk, which makes finding the cause of issues that much more difficult.

  • Mass’s ManyItems - script errors with food, imbalanced and OP items, script conflicts prevent trader menu from opening
  • FIDOv Pack - stolen assets, mod re-uploaded on unauthorized account
  • Cl0ud’s Military Gear - not updated for DayZ 1.12, light glare bug
  • CPB Weapons - looks alright, but we already have a lot of these weapons on the server
  • Pickup Lada - back seats unusable, easter eggs baked into the model?
  • Armored Hummer - I believe we already had this on the server during Livonia, was removed because it was broken, perhaps fixed now? Acceptable lore wise?
  • Gas Pump Refuel - we could add this in-house without am external mod, but I don't know how LMs are gonna like working gas stations 😄 Also kind of makes things too easy?
  • Advanced Weapon Scopes - that looks cool, will look into it
  • Weapon sling - that's Misho working on it, it's not finished as I haven't received files for it, talk with him

Isn't it possible to just allow certain assets from these mods to spawn? Whatever is too OP or broken could be just be left out that way if I'm right... The poll from this suggestion and many others shows people want new mods, I just can't understand that lots of servers use these mods and some still have awesome performance. 

You sure nothing can really be done, @Roland? ;(

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...