Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:05

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 54 minutes | Nyheim City

Add Dogs

Woody

Would you like to have a dog?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2471347750

image.png.6e78d0a3719bac7ab27bedde78d53447.png

image.png.16f94836834d2cbd29c133e20f610f3a.png

image.png.9dbc934a3b732ed91b16062c08373ee1.png

If you know Woody, you'll hear him saying he misses his dog very often.  

Please vote, and let the community know what you think.  Yes / No and Why?

• MVP

I wish we had had this while Eliska was still alive ... but yes pls, give dog!! 

• Emerald

because dog roleplay is what the server needs...-

Sorry but a fat no mate, because i know for a fact there will be that one person who will have about 9 dogs following them at all times, probably more. Wolfpack was left in the last lore for a reason

lol jk

But still, no thank you.

• Diamond

-USER WAS CAUTIONED FOR THIS POST-

Posted (edited)

Dogs are awesome, but I do see some issues regarding roleplay and the mod itself. The fact that you just press a button on your keyboard and a dog appear, it does look a bit sketch. Its basically a free weapon to use against infected. It also seems like the dogs are immortal. Other issues is that basically everyone is going to call for a dog, I am not sure how much perfomance issues these things will create, but I am sure they will have an effect.

If there would be some changes and balancing to it, I could see a reason for it to be added. For now I dont think its a great fit.

And I do think we are going to have this guy running around looking for vengeance...
image.png.382eef75fc3d2bc5d4885344fcdfa2fd.png

Edited by Earl
  • Emerald
2 minutes ago, Banksyy said:

because dog roleplay is what the server needs...-

Sorry but a fat no mate, because i know for a fact there will be that one person who will have about 9 dogs following them at all times, probably more. Wolfpack was left in the last lore for a reason

lol jk

But still, no thank you.

You can only have one dog at a time, I'll agree that maybe dogs aren't what the server needs but right now it sure as hell wouldn't hurt.

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

I’d like to be the Lone Wanderer with Dogmeat by my side, wondering the wasteland. Also, 1.12 added dog and cat food, It’d be nice to have to search through houses to feed your lovely companion

Plus +1 

Edited by RocJag
  • Diamond

voted no, there are no corgis so its a no from me 

• Game Master

Poll is biased and evilly so 😠

Wouldn't mind trialling it, if possible, to see if it really adds anything cool or if its a gimmicky mess.

As long as the dog AI can't function in PvP I don't see why not. If they can be used against humans though I can see it skewing things fast, a pack of bandits with a pack of dogs. It would mandate everyone have a dog to not be easy pickings. 

• Emerald

100% yes for me I would love this mod to be added nothing like a pupper with you. +1

• Emerald

> Dog mod added
> every single person on server has a dog
It would be too much imo. Just wouldn't work, people would take the piss with it.

• Emerald

minecraftdog.png.bea5f8eb6005ab817c3a89edf9f03eb0.png

Can't wait to ERP RP with dogs but I do have a big concern of every single player in the server having a dog...

• MVP

+1 You had my vote when I seen German Shepherd. 

• Diamond

I’d love to see this.  From what I’ve gathered of the whole thing, they’re not immortal, and the player loses them on death.  And it’s not an instant thing to get them, I don’t think.

Only issue I see is server issues with everyone having a dog.  But I think after the initial hype wears off, not everyone will have one.  Either because it’s too effort to keep a dog, or other reasons... idk.

I would like woofer friend plx 

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Everyone will have a dog, the hype will wear off and i can already see  people will get mad and file reports if you miss click their woofer.
also seeing that the entity will stay on the server it can prob die or de spawn by accident, causing staff to spend unneeded time looking where your virtual dog has gone.
Not to mention the server is as stable as a hamster in a wheel, cant wait for more lag.

Spoiler

image.png.e096bb15f65073e7e25a713b98e88d1f.png
England.

Edited by Knight
  • Lore Master

Where is the cat mod? 

• Diamond

I've been trying to tame wolves for years by locking them in sheds and throwing beef and mutton steaks through the window but they still just run out and bite me, so this is a +1 for me.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

• Titanium

Oh definitely a +1 from me! Having a Hunting companion for Michael would be very nice!

where is my Shiba Inu though? I need one of them.

Seriously though the mod looks interesting, if its stable and doesn't cause too many issues i would love to see it in game.

• Developer

more things to shoot at, sure, let's goooooo

• Emerald

Hi @Knight

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

2 hours ago, Knight said:

Everyone will have a dog, the hype will wear off and i can already see  people will get mad and file reports if you miss click their woofer.
also seeing that the entity will stay on the server it can prob die or de spawn by accident, causing staff to spend unneeded time looking where your virtual dog has gone.
Not to mention the server is as stable as a hamster in a wheel, cant wait for more lag.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e096bb15f65073e7e25a713b98e88d1f.png
England.

For your first point, I agree something new is exciting and the hype will completely wear off. Once the hype has simmered I think you'll see people who want dogs for the right reasons use them and enjoy them.  Also a rule about shooting someone's dog may actually have to be a reality.

For your 2nd point, the dog is not persistent when the owner is logged off and then the dog is summoned by having empty hands and using the whistle command upon log in.

image.png.0007712729b4d5e2e969dab183d38636.png

Thanks for the input!

Woody

• Diamond

No. I'm more of a cat person. 

And I don't believe can handle it. Plus what if someone KOS your dog? Rules will need to reflect this

• Game Master
3 minutes ago, AMERICAsimp said:

No. I'm more of a cat person. 

And I don't believe can handle it. Plus what if someone KOS your dog? Rules will need to reflect this

Be the same as if someone shot your car up in front of you. A hostile action taken against your property grants you defender rights.

I love the idea of dogs, but good lord, I wonder how the server can handle it 😄