Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 03:54

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 5 minutes | Nyheim City

Airdrops


Nudey

Airdrop  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Emerald

I feel like this would make sense now to have something like this added now. The reason behind this could be the NBC people are now dropping supplies for their people which could contain NBC gear, Filters, Toxic Cures and other things.
Airdrop

Link to post

Think this would make a really good addidtion and PERHAPS make all the groups at the moment maybe start getting reasons to slowly turn on each other rather then holding hands on the daisy chain.

big ol +1

Link to post
  • Diamond

No because the Lore has stated the rest of the world is in turmoil. No one would airdropping supplies to Chernarus. Russia collapsed. Makes no sense Lore wise

Link to post
  • Diamond

Given the current state of heli crashes, and the fact they still spawn random hiking pants or coolers I'd be down for some reliable loot.

Could always have a interesting explanation as to why they might be coming about too, cause I agree it would be a bit random without any proper lore explanation.

Link to post
  • MVP
35 minutes ago, AMERICAsimp said:

No because the Lore has stated the rest of the world is in turmoil. No one would airdropping supplies to Chernarus. Russia collapsed. Makes no sense Lore wise

Where there is a will there is a way. We need to stop pushing new content away because it doesn't make sense lore wise. DayZRP is completely boring when it comes to the mod content it provides to its playerbase. We should try and add some cool new mods and an airdrop mod would be pretty fun and would promote people moving around and could lead to some great RP. As for the lore, leave it to me. There's millions of ways to have this make sense.

Link to post
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

Where there is a will there is a way. We need to stop pushing new content away because it doesn't make sense lore wise. DayZRP is completely boring when it comes to the mod content it provides to its playerbase. We should try and add some cool new mods and an airdrop mod would be pretty fun and would promote people moving around and could lead to some great RP. As for the lore, leave it to me. There's millions of ways to have this make sense.

I'll only support the addition of this Mod if AMERICA is making the airdrops. Honestly, there needs to be some Western intervention since Russia is out.  

Edited by AMERICAsimp
Link to post
4 hours ago, Dren said:

Think this would make a really good addidtion and PERHAPS make all the groups at the moment maybe start getting reasons to slowly turn on each other rather then holding hands on the daisy chain.

big ol +1

If you think the groups are "holding hands like a daisy chain" then you really aren't paying attention. 

Anyway, airdrop would be an interesting mechanic, hell, even make it an event! Even if it's a PvE one, getting everyone together should be a laugh and at least make things interesting! 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AMERICAsimp said:

I'll only support the addition of this Mod if AMERICA is making the airdrops. Honestly, there needs to be some Western intervention since Russia is out.  

IMO and as far as i understand No gov exists they can alwasy add that for some reason America or Any other govorment with abbilities to do airdrops exist, but correct me if im wrong, Lore Wise America has nothing to do with chernarus. So western influence should be minimal in my opinion, OFC you can always add : OO AMERICA IS STILL A THING. But Tbh it would make no sense in my POV aswell as other POVS. And if Airdrops should be added it should be as an EVENT instead of a thing or possibility that pops up for people to find another way to focus on looting 2 much.

Edited by Franklin Ranner
Link to post
  • Server Manager

I have no problem adding features that go slightly against the lore and "don't make sense". Loot endlessly respawning in buildings doesn't make sense either, yet here we are looting stuff every day 🙂 

Link to post
  • VIP
4 hours ago, AMERICAsimp said:

No because the Lore has stated the rest of the world is in turmoil. No one would airdropping supplies to Chernarus. Russia collapsed. Makes no sense Lore wise

I have to agree with this comment -1 from me to

Link to post
  • Sapphire

Seeing that Roland and the Lore masters don't mind i give this one a fat yes from me,
Would be fun to contest some airdrops with the bois.

+1

Link to post
  • VIP
2 hours ago, Roland said:

I have no problem adding features that go slightly against the lore and "don't make sense". Loot endlessly respawning in buildings doesn't make sense either, yet here we are looting stuff every day 🙂 

I tend to somewhat agree with you there, but a lot can be explained away IC'ly like, for example, endless loot in houses.
But the fact that an aircraft would arrive and drop supplies completely contradicts current lore, and that's why I'm against it.

Link to post
  • Lore Master
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Aron73 said:

I tend to somewhat agree with you there, but a lot can be explained away IC'ly like, for example, endless loot in houses.
But the fact that an aircraft would arrive and drop supplies completely contradicts current lore, and that's why I'm against it.

I mean honestly by that logic we'll never see another outsider lore faction if we keep arguing the world is in turmoil and wouldn't care. The NBC boy excuse is a good one IMO; they're a very well funded organization trying to keep their men supplied as they wreak havoc in South Zagoria. They have the means to do so, and doesn't need to have a country backing them. Have you seen the equipment they have at their disposal? Makes perfect sense.

+1 Because even aside from NBC bois, I can see a plethora of ways to work this in. Give me those jump scares from air drops, please.

Edited by Niveous
Link to post
  • Emerald

man honesty, day by day this server is just changing into a normal one with strict pvp rules and more interactions.. first there's traders now people want airdrops, i forgot we were playing on trumps wall, i played on another rp server which has this feature and its honestly just borderline stupid, everyone rushes to it and its just either troll rp or firefights, cool concept but its stupid for dayzrp.

big fat no from me, makes no sense what so ever, Russian government has fallen and im positive if there is any nato powers left they'd be focused on their own countries, not chernarus.

Link to post
  • VIP

That I can agree with, I can definitely see this being a thing, and I'm sorry for not thinking about this before voting.

5 minutes ago, Niveous said:

I mean honestly by that logic we'll never see another lore faction if we keep arguing the world is in turmoil and wouldn't care. The NBC boy excuse is a good one IMO; they're a very well funded organization trying to keep their men supplied as they wreak havoc in South Zagoria. They have the means to do so, and doesn't need to have a country backing them. Have you seen the equipment they have at their disposal? Makes perfect sense.

+1 Because even aside from NBC bois, I can see a plethora of ways to work this in. Give me those jump scares from air drops, please.

 

Link to post
  • Diamond

If the Loremasters can make sense of it then yeah, also more STABLE, I repeat again, STABLE mods would be great. We need things that will attract people to this RP server, as this is the worst player activity I've seen in a long time.

Link to post
  • Sapphire

Ultimately something needs to be done to address the lower player count, maybe its time to analyse the mods other places are using and maybe adopt some of the mods used instead of trying to compete with less content. This quality over quantity stuff works but you need to have quality first for this to work which we don't have. There is no roleplay because there is no players and there is no players because there is no roleplay. The events that we've had have proven the playerbase is there but none of them are interested due to a lack of content. I say give it a go and see what happens, worse comes to worse remove it at a later date by bombing their airbase or someshit idk. Anything can be made to work. 

Link to post
Posted (edited)

I agree that airdrops make no lore sense, and would be unrealistic for an apocalypse.
One airdrop as part of a greater plot going on, for players to get involved and get information on what's going on?
Sure.  I could see that.  Some group out there performing a one time drop of supplies or information or both to their "agent's" in Chernarus.

But a constant "Cargo Cult" rain of Mana from heaven?
Yeah-NO!

Please ... just no.

Edited by Naatok
Correction
Link to post
  • Sapphire
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Naatok said:

I agree that airdrops make no lore sense, and would be unrealistic for an apocalypse.
One airdrop as part of a greater plot going on, for players to get involved and get information on what's going on?
Sure.  I could see that.  Some group out there performing a one time drop of supplies or information or both to their 'agent's in Chernarus.

But a constant "Cargo Cult" rain of Mana from heaven?
Yeah-NO!

Please ... just no.

So you're happy that weapons respawn every 15 minutes but have an issue with a few airdrops? I don't really understand this argument of realism when those magically appearing M4s and the constant supply of rocket launchers aren''t considered an issue. The airdrops could be explained in a plethora of ways, there is a reason that there are gaps in the lore so that you are not confined or restrained in what can go on. Ultimately the airdrops make MORE SENSE than the loot respawning and we need something to bring content to the server so.

Edited by General Rickets
Link to post
  • Moderator
Posted (edited)

As you state it would make sense if it dropped NBC gears and such. But in my experience nbc gear has never been easier to find. As mentioned earlier it does not really make sense. This is a roleplay server and I really do not see how this would improve any RP other then running around looting these. Myself made a suggestion about the traders and I feel loot is to easy to get now.

We already have Helicopter crashes around the map, it is basically the same other then this gives away its position with a red smoke.

2 hours ago, Banksyy said:

man honesty, day by day this server is just changing into a normal one with strict pvp rules and more interactions.. first there's traders now people want airdrops, i forgot we were playing on trumps wall, i played on another rp server which has this feature and its honestly just borderline stupid, everyone rushes to it and its just either troll rp or firefights, cool concept but its stupid for dayzrp.

big fat no from me, makes no sense what so ever, Russian government has fallen and im positive if there is any nato powers left they'd be focused on their own countries, not chernarus.

I totally agree with my boy @Banksyy on this topic.

-1

Edited by Earl
Link to post
  • Emerald

I'm voting no on this one bro, sorry. The server needs new things to keep people playing and all that but I don't see how airdrops could help anything. 

Link to post

I think it's a good addition to the server. It would give groups a reason to be a bit hostile ( if the loot is good enough ) towards other groups. I'm giving it a yes. It's a great idea that I hope gets added. 

Link to post
  • Emerald
4 hours ago, Banksyy said:

man honesty, day by day this server is just changing into a normal one with strict pvp rules and more interactions.. first there's traders now people want airdrops, i forgot we were playing on trumps wall, i played on another rp server which has this feature and its honestly just borderline stupid, everyone rushes to it and its just either troll rp or firefights, cool concept but its stupid for dayzrp.

big fat no from me, makes no sense what so ever, Russian government has fallen and im positive if there is any nato powers left they'd be focused on their own countries, not chernarus.

I think this is spot on, to be honest. I think areas of the server such as the traders and even the airdrops if they were to be added detract from the RP in the server and bring even more of a focus onto loot and gear, which I already think is a major problem within the community at this time. A lot of people seem to constantly do trader runs to gather more money and equipment, I don't think that should be how the server is played and the airdrops will almost certainly worsen the problem. There are a plethora of other servers that offer a more loot/pvp orientated approach to the game and don't think this server needs to keep making this deep dive to that style of play. In regards to player count, I do believe that these types of changes have a more negative effect on attracting new players and keeping in the old, as the server takes more of a swing to be focused on the afore mentioned pvp/basebuilding and looting rather than the RP, losing its authenticity and the uniqueness of what this server and community can use to keep players invested and attract new members to the community.

Link to post

RP shouldn't been the focused on the collection of loot. Once you have the loot you need for yourself to survive against the infected, hostile players and hunger then you have all you need. Adding airdrops will turn this server from a RP orintated server to a base creation PVP server, just like the traders and ATMs are already doing. Helicopter crashes are enough of a weird thing to appear on the map after how many months the outbreak has occured in lore. Airdrops are coming from whom exactly? I don't even know where the helicopter crashes come from at this point. We should remain as close to lore and real life circumstances as possible, going to far to one extreme could ruin what makes RP fun and unpredictable. I'd like some added that improves a different area of DayzRP that possibly make the game more grittier like more crafting options such as making a bow and crafting arrows along side that for example.

4 hours ago, Banksyy said:

man honesty, day by day this server is just changing into a normal one with strict pvp rules and more interactions.. first there's traders now people want airdrops, i forgot we were playing on trumps wall, i played on another rp server which has this feature and its honestly just borderline stupid, everyone rushes to it and its just either troll rp or firefights, cool concept but its stupid for dayzrp.

therefore I agree with Banksyy look on this and state a phat no

-1

Link to post
  • Lore Master

The folks that believe it doesnt make sense, you are free to believe that. But i wrote the lore with the former team. We can make this make sense rather easily for the evolutioj of the server.

 

Dw fellas. We got this, you fellaa just get ig and enjoy urselves

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...