Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 05:13

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 46 minutes | Nyheim City

DayZRP plans for Esseker


Recommended Posts

I've been playing a bit of Esseker recently and watching a few videos. I was just wondering if there was any plans for a RP server on Esseker? Or if anyone would be interested in the idea. 🙂

Link to post
  • Game Master
Posted (edited)

Seen as this is more of a community discussion thread, I've moved it to the appropriate part of the forums.

Edit: There was a thread on this a few days ago, linked here

Edited by Queerios
Link to post
  • Emerald

For now, i'd say no, as beautiful and cool that map is.. its also really unoptimized and unfinished. Maybe some time in the future i'd be down to have it but not right now 🙂

Link to post
  • Sapphire
20 minutes ago, Banksyy said:

For now, i'd say no, as beautiful and cool that map is.. its also really unoptimized and unfinished. Maybe some time in the future i'd be down to have it but not right now 🙂

Agree with this, I really like Esseker, and played it way back, but from my understanding its super unfinished and even a good PC will get low frames in the larger cities and monuments

Link to post
  • Administrator

Esseker needs to be finished to be a proper map. I been on it myself and it looks great however there's still places both in the city and out in the countryside that need love. Especially the open nothingness at the edges. Now this is my personal opinion here, not some staff answer but if we do ever open a server for it it's either gonna have to be only a Esseker map or only Chernarus, we can't afford to split community again for people to just run back off to the other. A map is gonna have to be picked a stuck with no matter.

Link to post
  • Sapphire
Posted (edited)

I want a new map like Esseker but at this point we should stay on Chernarus so DayZRP doesn't have an excuse to slow down their development of a custom map.

 

Edited by Colt
Link to post
  • Moderator

I've played on Esseker and the design of the city is dope, but unfortunately it has lots of clipping /placement issues, the FPS drops are too common and also the FPS is low, so I can only imagine the people with lower end PCs trying to run it.

Best thing is to wait until it's properly optimized and fixed before a call for a vote can be made, although unfortunately we all know how that will end...

Link to post
  • Diamond
19 hours ago, Inferno said:

Esseker needs to be finished to be a proper map. I been on it myself and it looks great however there's still places both in the city and out in the countryside that need love. Especially the open nothingness at the edges. Now this is my personal opinion here, not some staff answer but if we do ever open a server for it it's either gonna have to be only a Esseker map or only Chernarus, we can't afford to split community again for people to just run back off to the other. A map is gonna have to be picked a stuck with no matter.

Inferno hits the nail on the head. Which ever map we play on has to be the only map/main server. Namalsk is one of the highly rated and enjoyed maps and its no longer here. If/when we ever add another map, we also should close Chernarus.

Link to post
  • Diamond

Get rid of Chernarus, nothing is making DayZRP stick out anymore and a different map other RP servers aren’t using would help. However Esseker isn’t done, I’d suggest something like Deer Isle or Livonia since those can be monetized and are done.

Link to post
  • Lore Master
27 minutes ago, Squillium said:

 

DayZRP is still the biggest DayZ roleplay community around. I do agree that we have to add more shit because sometimes it looks like we are playing vanilla.

Deer Isle is not finished and we have tried that (didnt work.) Livonia is even worse then Chernarus so I rather don't play that shit map.

Maybe the staff team and dev team will suprise us with something new soon? Hopefully because I am getting sick of Chernarus and the lack of custom mods.

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

DayZRP is still the biggest DayZ roleplay community around. I do agree that we have to add more shit because sometimes it looks like we are playing vanilla.

Deer Isle is not finished and we have tried that (didnt work.) Livonia is even worse then Chernarus so I rather don't play that shit map.

Maybe the staff team and dev team will suprise us with something new soon? Hopefully because I am getting sick of Chernarus and the lack of custom mods.

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime

I agree 100% with this. Chernarus is not as fun as it used to be. It's way too big man. Iit's really hard to find people to RP with. I really wish we could have Taviana or something but the creator of that map doesn't want to share it with DayZ SA. How sad 😞 

23 hours ago, Queerios said:

Seen as this is more of a community discussion thread, I've moved it to the appropriate part of the forums.

Edit: There was a thread on this a few days ago, linked here

Also thanks for moving my post here. I am clueless when it comes to all this forum stuff.

Link to post
  • Developer
20 hours ago, Colt said:

DayZRP doesn't have an accuse to slow down their development

the word you are looking for there is not accuse, it's excuse.

haven't played esskeetit yet, but the word is that it's beautiful, and I'd be all for it if the situation wasn't what it is. Chernarus is a safe bet and switching maps is always a hassle lore wise and development wise (yay, an excuse to delay development 😍), so let's not rock the boat too much.

the whole thing of being "unoptimized" means that there are a lot of objects on the map, and it's really hard to make dayz "optimized" unless you just don't have much objects besides buildings and vegetation. like have you peeps been to chernogorsk, because I have been, and if you look at the streets, they are fucking eeeeempty. It looks like the apocalypse was a magical spell that just took everyone and their cars and thanos snapped them out of existence 👏.

image.png.ab92ea86b23ed77a6d8468ac675f477d.png

^ like what. bohemia interactive. you're telling me this city had 2 cars in it and everything else was thanos snapped along with all the people? And everything else is tip top pristine? nah, I ain't buing it and I'd rather have an immersive experience at the cost of a few frames or turning the settings down.

and I guess the other thing of it bein "unfinished" is obviously not optimal gameplay wise if parts of  the map are just completely empty (i'm not sure if they are), but large projects like terrains take years and years of development and then you might have something that is semi-playable. I'm sure we'd be able to live with the unfinished portions and just keep the RP in the finished area.

/end developer perspective ☺️

Link to post
  • Lore Master

@KerkkohAnd what about good mods? No offense but it looks like the developers are not doing much. I remember @Watchman doing a shit ton at the start of the lore. Making bases and adding alot of cool shit (shame all of those custom buildings got removed too)

What about guns that look like they haven't been cleaned recently, clothes that are bloody or dirty.

We need more custom shit, every new DayZRP update doesn't add much anymore and it makes me sad.

 

Link to post
  • Diamond
2 hours ago, Jackfish said:

DayZRP is still the biggest DayZ roleplay community around. I do agree that we have to add more shit because sometimes it looks like we are playing vanilla.

Deer Isle is not finished and we have tried that (didnt work.) Livonia is even worse then Chernarus so I rather don't play that shit map.

Maybe the staff team and dev team will suprise us with something new soon? Hopefully because I am getting sick of Chernarus and the lack of custom mods.

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime

My boi looking at battlemetrics dayzrp is ranked #141 based on average players. There are at least 7 RP servers ranked higher than that based on the filter I used. Unfortunately we’re no longer on top despite my wish that we were. 
 

I was on the Deer Isle hate train for a while when we first tried it and feel justified given its state at the time. Recently though I’ve been playing it quite a bit, and it’s become a good map. Unless you’ve explored it in the past few months I wouldn’t say much. I don’t necessarily think Livonia is better or worse but it’s a change at least. I remember hearing something about a dayzrp custom map, and I’ll be 100% real, if it’s just a heavily edited version of a current map I’m down, but I highly doubt a map made from scratch will do well.

Link to post
  • Titanium
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

@KerkkohAnd what about good mods? No offense but it looks like the developers are not doing much. I remember @Watchman doing a shit ton at the start of the lore. Making bases and adding alot of cool shit (shame all of those custom buildings got removed too)

What about guns that look like they haven't been cleaned recently, clothes that are bloody or dirty.

We need more custom shit, every new DayZRP update doesn't add much anymore and it makes me sad.

 

This is good points, Esseker is an amazing map

(Also yes since i stepped down, been pretty lacking updates kek)

 

1 hour ago, Kerkkoh said:

^ like what. bohemia interactive. you're telling me this city had 2 cars in it and everything else was thanos snapped along with all the people? And everything else is tip top pristine? nah, I ain't buing it and I'd rather have an immersive experience at the cost of a few frames or turning the settings down.

I actually added more cars in Cherno, probs got removed by Rolle tho like all the other stuff i added that made the map unique to DayZRP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Watchman
Link to post
  • Lore Master
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Squillium said:

My boi looking at battlemetrics dayzrp is ranked #141 based on average players. There are at least 7 RP servers ranked higher than that based on the filter I used. Unfortunately we’re no longer on top despite my wish that we were. 

Oh fuck, didnt know that. Jesus we need more custom shit then to gain more players.

Hopefully this new custom map comes soon. We need it. 

 

EDIT: @Watchman pls come back and create good updates. Server is hella empty rn

Edited by Jackfish
Link to post
  • Sapphire
2 hours ago, Kerkkoh said:

the word you are looking for there is not accuse, it's excuse.

 

i didn't notice that i have small brain thank you

Link to post
  • Titanium

I'm hyped for a new map, but at the same time, I am skeptical.

I know many people are sick of Chernarus as a map, especially those who have played DayZRP since its inception. I've been here for 5 years or so, I can feel that sentiment.

But that being said, I am a bit worried about Esseker, especially if it replaces Chernarus as the map we use.

I've always been for having more maps as an option. I'd love to see Chernarus as the "Old Reliable" map. Use other maps with interesting lore, but keep Chernarus for those who enjoy it.

All in all, I'd hate to see Chernarus replaced, possibly permanently.

Link to post
  • MVP

We have no plans to add an Esseker server at this time, maybe sometime in the future. 

Link to post
  • Developer
18 hours ago, Watchman said:

I actually added more cars in Cherno, probs got removed by Rolle tho like all the other stuff i added that made the map unique to DayZRP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh lol, I ain’t have any of our mods loaded, but you probably get the point anyways 😅

 

19 hours ago, Jackfish said:

@KerkkohAnd what about good mods? No offense but it looks like the developers are not doing much. I remember @Watchman doing a shit ton at the start of the lore. Making bases and adding alot of cool shit (shame all of those custom buildings got removed too)

What about guns that look like they haven't been cleaned recently, clothes that are bloody or dirty.

We need more custom shit, every new DayZRP update doesn't add much anymore and it makes me sad.

 

I don’t do retextures or guns, and neither does whitename. We (or I guess mostly whitename, I haven’t done fuck shit, i just needed the dev tags for permissions) do be doing scripting, configuring, loot editing, and a bunch of other minor shit that sure, isn’t guns or clothes or calories, but it’s the type of shit that keeps the server running and loot spawning and players from freezing alive, ya kno?

Adding cool shit requires developers who can add cool shit. And we ain’t got many developers or candidates afaik.

Developing for DayZ sucks so much. It’s so annoying and unrewarding. I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to do it, because I don’t want to do it either.

Link to post
  • Developer
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kerkkoh said:

Developing for DayZ sucks so much. It’s so annoying and unrewarding. I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to do it, because I don’t want to do it either.

Yes... can confirm. Though I find it incredibly rewarding to see a 3d model I've made in the game and functioning as intended. So I can't confirm no the unrewarding bit. It is difficult and backwards AF though. It would be more rewarding to see my things on the server but well... Can't control much. Ariana Grande Shrug GIF

 

Edited by Empress
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...