Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:13

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 46 minutes | Nyheim City

Launchers & Explosives

Realize

Launchers & Explosives  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrator

Suggestion is pretty simple, change the loot table for explosive launchers like the M79/LAW/RPG and all Explosives Satchel charges/RPG Rockets/LAW Rockets/ M79 Grenades. Make these items only spawn on helicopter crashes.

My reasoning for the change is simple, it is far to easy to obtain any of the explosives currently. The launchers not so much but still once you obtain any of the launchers you can do one lap of the air field and you will be able to have enough explosives to destroy chernarus.

• MVP

If launchers and explosives are still plentiful after the loot table changes then I'll +1 this. There's a few things that should probably get changed to heli spawns only.

• Sapphire

I'll +1 this, but with a change.  M79 HE grenades take two to destroy a fence.  4 slots, and they are rarer than a satchel.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, OwOgleSimp said:

If launchers and explosives are still plentiful after the loot table changes then I'll +1 this. There's a few things that should probably get changed to heli spawns only.

Yeah, I went to the airfield yesterday spent like 20 minutes there and left with 5 rockets.

For such high-end ammo to be so plentiful is just too OP.

5 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I'll +1 this, but with a change.  M79 HE grenades take two to destroy a fence.  4 slots, and they are rarer than a satchel.

It's not just about their effectiveness for raiding, it's also their devastating impact on gun fights.

Also, the HE grenades only take up 2 slots, not 4 and the satchel takes 6 I believe.

• Emerald

I've been to NWAF a few time since wipe and already found 10 so yeah would rather see these at heli crashes

• Diamond

Make heli crashes great again.

In all seriousness, I'll be the first to admit it is busted as hell. Fix the loot economy with these simple tweaks please. ❤️

• Legend

+1, or at least tie to gas zone military only. Make it a risk reward thing. 

• Sapphire

I could understand RPG/LAW launchers spawning exclusively at heli crashes but ALL ammunition for them as well as satchels would make explosive raiding extremely rare, especially for those who aren't apart of a large group. I think making launchers spawn only at heli crashes along with turning down the rockets/satchels spawns would be a better option.

Making it exclusive to heli spawns works or if you just brought down how many spawn in general. Rockets should be rare just flat out the launchers even more rare. I don't care that much if its heli exclusive just more rare. So I don't mind giving this a +1

• Diamond

Tbh I like rockets they are fun and I think rocket gaming is a great equalizer and tactical thing to have, if you carry the heavy launcher and rockets then you should be rewarded when all the rats group in a corner in a firefight and you just blow a rocket through a window winning the fight before it even starts. Basically reqarding people who come prepared.

• Diamond

Big +1, I agree satchel charges are too easy to find, although I can't say I've had much luck finding launcher ammo like for the RPG and M72 LAW.

Regardless, would be good to see some more balance come to the explosives, so not everyone in Chernarus runs around like the Soldier from Team Fortress 2

I agree to an extent, but I would, (personally) make both the rocket launchers exclusive to each type of heli crash (LAW on the venom, RPG on the MI-8) along with their rockets. 

I wouldn't change the M79 or satchel spawns, as it's rare to see a M79 used due to its offensive ammo (especially HE) being rare as fuck, and the satchels being on such a long timer, even using it as a ghetto Grenade gives prop e plenty of time to escape. Also, given that satchels destroy both expansion and vanilla walls in 1 go, means it's balanced otherwise expansion walls would be spammed due to requiring 3 rockets. 

+1 add the scar to heli crashes only too if you ask me. Either that or add the LAR to the regular tisy loot pool. Its just silly to have the scar so available so easily when its better than the LAR but the LAR is so rare

• Legend
Posted (edited)

Actually I change my vote. Just remembered Expansion Walls can only be destroyed with explosives or a LOT of ammo, meaning that people would find it VERY hard to raid bases that utilize them

Edited by Zanaan
  • Diamond

I think we should get rid of the LAW launcher and only keep the RPG. And get rid of those smoke grenades. 

Remove RPG and LAW keep the M79 and the satchels, make the satchels and m79 heli crash only but allow the HE and smokes etc to spawn in military loot. 

Spent 10 mins on airfield and found 3 satchels, this isn't ok.

• Emerald

+1 i agree with this

however i agree even more with this

1 hour ago, General Rickets said:

Remove RPG and LAW keep the M79 and the satchels, make the satchels and m79 heli crash only but allow the HE and smokes etc to spawn in military loot. 

Spent 10 mins on airfield and found 3 satchels, this isn't ok.

personally im done with explosives, bring back monkeying into bases with an axe and not getting vietnam'd in firefights

50 minutes ago, Elrod said:

+1 i agree with this

however i agree even more with this

personally im done with explosives, bring back monkeying into bases with an axe and not getting vietnam'd in firefights

Yup bring back hacksaws and hatchets whilst performing Olympic level gymnastics to get inside of peoples homes +1 for sure I rate satchels they're cool but rocket launchers are bleh they add nothing really to anything let alone ROLEPLAY so aye o7 launchers?

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, General Rickets said:

Yup bring back hacksaws and hatchets whilst performing Olympic level gymnastics to get inside of peoples homes +1 for sure I rate satchels they're cool but rocket launchers are bleh they add nothing really to anything let alone ROLEPLAY so aye o7 launchers?

Yeah, I remember speaking about this with in voice about how easy and risk-free raiding is right now. Back when raiding was much harder, you would have to go around a good while whilst trying to figure a way into someone's camp, even then you were not always successful. We would spend days trying to befriend someone in the camp, so we could finally get in. Now it's just to go airfield get explosives, go destroy someone's camp they spent days building.

2 minutes ago, Realize said:

Yeah, I remember speaking about this with in voice about how easy and risk-free raiding is right now. Back when raiding was much harder, you would have to go around a good while whilst trying to figure a way into someone's camp, even then you were not always successful. We would spend days trying to befriend someone in the camp, so we could finally get in. Now it's just to go airfield get explosives, go destroy someone's camp they spent days building.

Offline raiding is also much easier right now with all these explosives, like you've stated you used to go to extreme lengths to get inside and spend hours planning a raid figuring out how many hacksaws and shit you needed etc now its just big boom in out easy kinda removed the fun and the roleplay elements involved in a good old fashioned raid. 

• VIP
Posted (edited)

Yes, I totally agree with this! It's way too easy to find LAW's and the M79's hell, I even found them at roadblocks, so yes, limit them to helos

Edited by Aron73
  • Lore Master
Posted (edited)

Keep them in. I remember the Savior times, hiding in a OP base and us not getting in.

Its easier now, how it should be ❤️ 

Edited by Jackfish
  • Sapphire
Posted (edited)

For server performance and Raid ability of bases i say a fat 

NO -1

the whole reason bases and lag further in the wipe was a problem was due to bases, now with explosives this issue seems to have dropped significantly.

This rule would only benefit people hoarding tons of gear and making areas crash.
and also seeing that this wouldn't improve roleplay in any sort form or way i'd say its pretty unnecessary.

all would be good if this rule change didn't include satchels.

Edited by Knight