Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 22:24

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
ONGOING | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Ends in 5 minutes | Nyheim City

Food Reduces Too Fast

Crimson

Slow Food Meter  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

Currently, you starve in hours IRL and in maybe 2 days in game. And to add to that, food doesn't do much. Eating large beef steaks isn't as filling in game as it is in real life. Food is also very scarce. Humans are more resilient than this when it comes to starvation. Your body has natural reserves to feed off. 

I propose your hunger meter should drop significantly slower to offset the lack of food on the map. I don't care if Expansion increases your food meter intake, that doesn't offset that we starve rapidly after eating 3 steaks or 4 cans of bacon. 

As some players stated, should we increase the amount of nutrition you gain from food? Do you have to eat less?

Comment and vote please

Edited by PATRIOT
  • Game Master

I’d be happy to to take the reverse approach if possible, increasing the nutritional values of food, rather than decreasing the hunger depletion. This way food still feels scarce enough that you’re prompted to go hunting/start farming to survive, if you can’t get by on scavenging alone, or actually seek out other players to get food from them.

Also, if you’re struggling for food, get a trust knife or a supressed weapon, the number of zombies that have food on them definitely feels higher than normal. 

I’m gunna abstain from voting for now, because either way I’d be happy. I know this is a survival game, but we’re here to RP, and that’s kinda hard to do when everyone is starving to death. 

• VIP

I think this is also based on a lack of knowledge.
If you fill up your food bar completely, you will not even be down to yellow after a 4h+ stream like I do unless you run in cold conditions all the time, meaning your thermometer is blue, then you might hit yellow.
So sorry -1 on this from me. I think food is at a good spot right now.

1 minute ago, Queerios said:

increasing the nutritional values of food, rather than decreasing the hunger depletion.

Also, if you’re struggling for food, get a trust knife or a supressed weapon, the number of zombies that have food on them definitely feels higher than normal. 

I'd plus one this bit here I think if they can make food more filling it would be better. Food isn't that scarce from what I can tell. The infected drop a good amount of it and you can find some in towns and what not. You can also go hunting and I feel like I find chickens, cows, goats, rabbits pretty commonly. Over all I do dislike how fast your hunger goes down. 

• Diamond

I mean personally I haven't struggled to find food, but I do find it a bit odd how the nutritional values work in terms of depletion. Like in my experience, you could kill and eat an entire pig from yellow hunger and only just make it to full hunger, and even then it wont last that long depending how much running you do.

+1 to slowing depletion, but not too much. It is a survival game, afterall

• Support
1 hour ago, Queerios said:

I second this. I try to kill all zombies I come across, for this very reason. 

I have had no difficulty finding food or keeping my food bar up this way. 

Starvation and thirst are pretty brutal as a fresh spawn. On one spawn I died of hunger 3 times before finding any food or a weapon I could hunt with. But, once you get a little bit (say 2 cans or 1 hunt of anything other than a chicken plus 1 water container) you are set and it is no longer all that difficult so long as you are healthy. I don't really think you need to mess with food values or depletion rates, but maybe being a little more generous with food and drink spawn inventory. 

• MVP

People seem to forget that your hunger meter can go far beyond that full food symbol, I eat a lot of the stuff I find right off the bat for that exact reason until I think my hunger meter is actually full. I personally haven’t had trouble finding food or even surviving as a fresh spawn because you’re given the tools you need already to survive if you find a chicken or two. 

I think the hunger meter depletes at an alright rate honestly but upping the nutrition of everything wouldn’t be a bad idea if other people struggle that much to keep their character fed. 

• Lore Master

-1 To reducing food depletion. If you get a good hunt in, or down a couple cans of food, you can very easily fill your stomach. After that first fill, it takes ages to diminish, unless you're sprinting across the oblast in a torrential downpour.

+1 To increasing the nourishment from food items, solely because I find myself obnoxiously chowing down on steak after steak, wondering just where the hell my small 5''2 woman is putting it to take so long to feel full.

• Emerald

-1 to both as I honestly think the food system is fine as is... Always stay above white Also guts are great.

• Diamond
3 hours ago, OwOgles said:

People seem to forget that your hunger meter can go far beyond that full food symbol

Yeah, I second this. I always make sure to eat right up until when the white stomach icon pops up, then stop. It’s insane how much you can eat past the full hunger meter.

When completely full, I personally don’t find depletion to be an issue at all. I could maybe see the nutrition values of food being adjusted a bit to seem more realistic, however.

• Diamond

I dunno, i think the fact i'm sprinting constantly and whatnot is very realistic to the amount of calories i burn. Plus all the stuff i carry.