Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 09:39

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 9 hours, 20 minutes | Nyheim City

The infected?

Aron73

The infected  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• VIP

I dont know about the rest of you but I feel the infected have been turnd in to some bad mini bosses again.

I dont mind if they do more dmg to me but I whant to be able to killd them with one or two shots to the head depending on weapon but allso pose a threat up close and personal.

What do the rest of you think? and can this be sorted?

#HateBullitSpunches :D

• Emerald

No one likes infected that tank more than its necessary. Nerf HP.

#HateBullitSpunches

Infected are fine. They actually are dangerous again rather than being the easily stun locked idiots they used to be. 

Yes, you won't be breezing through towns Looting and Scooting the infected with your axe. Now you gotta sneak around, take them on 1 to 1 or use a suppressed weapon to dome them. Hell, even get a knife, sneak up behind one to instant kill them spec-ops style. 

overcome.jpg.7fabce962492c7f09c7600d061427910.jpg

• VIP
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Taffinator said:

Infected are fine. They actually are dangerous again rather than being the easily stun locked idiots they used to be. 

Yes, you won't be breezing through towns Looting and Scooting the infected with your axe. Now you gotta sneak around, take them on 1 to 1 or use a suppressed weapon to dome them. Hell, even get a knife, sneak up behind one to instant kill them spec-ops style. 

overcome.jpg.7fabce962492c7f09c7600d061427910.jpg

Yea if that actualy worked it would be awsome but it doesent and yes I'm consither my self a pro when it comes to sneak up on infected just ask my viewers.

Yesterday I did sneak up on an infected and smaked her in the head and she just turnd around growled at me and allmost killd me, thats the sad trouth.

Same thing happened to @Zanaanyesterday on stream as I watched.

Edited by Aron73
4 minutes ago, The Preacher said:

The infected are terrible rn, please nerf them.

Problem is Preacher, the ONLY thing our devs can do (I think) is reduce their damage to vanilla levels as that is the only value they have changed. 

AFAIK everything else is vanilla.

4 minutes ago, Taffinator said:

Problem is Preacher, the ONLY thing our devs can do (I think) is reduce their damage to vanilla levels as that is the only value they have changed. 

AFAIK everything else is vanilla.

Pretty sure you ain't right about that Taff.

Before the devs changed it so the infected were tougher and took more damage. (close to what we got rn)

There was a lot of complaining from the community and they made them easier to kill. I'm confident they can do it again.

Edited by The Preacher
  • VIP
Posted (edited)

We need better animation and instant kill working
sneak up on infected with a knife and stab it in the head=insta kill
Machete and larger weapons: decapitate the infected, player tosses away the head.
A blunt weapon like a hammer or sledgehammer head flies off and bounces on the ground.

Modders get it done 😄

Edited by Aron73
8 minutes ago, The Preacher said:

Pretty sure you ain't right about that Taff.

Before the devs changed it so the infected were tougher and took more damage. (close to what we got rn)

There was a lot of complaining from the community and they made them easier to kill. I'm confident they can do it again.

What I mean is that everything the infected are currently (sans damage they do) is vanilla. 

The infected didn't get tougher - Melee weapons got nerfed in 1.12, and infected don't get stun locked as easy anymore. Devs should reduce their damage as they are now a challenge, but everything else should stay as is. 

• MVP

I despise this update primarily because of how trash the new zombies are. Dealing with them is not hard, just plain annoying. Change them to how they were before if possible. ty.

• Diamond

I don't mind that they're a bit more difficult since you actually have to think about how you're gonna proceed when looting, etc, but if headshots were more effective and consistent then it would be better in my opinion

Speaking as someone who chiefly uses melee weapons to take down a zombie (partly for RP reasons, partly because ammo is rare and partly to avoid sounding the dinner bell) these changes really do bite! See what I did there? But seriously, not only are zombies spongier which is just a pain. But them being able to get in a few more blows before going down really grinds through kit durability and unless you have the rubles to buy repair items, repair items are like gold dust. As for stealth, I have tried it and it does not seem to connect that well. Even when using edged weapons as I know you can't stealth with blunt. Plus, I have discovered that proper boots make more noise than things like trainers, so  zombies are harder to sneak up on or sneak around.  I actually care about the aesthetic of my character, and showing up to RP in shoes that really don't fit or clothing that is damaged just kind of sucks. I would also be less available to RP as I have to spend more time very slowly scavenging for items to either use or sell off for repair kits. 

• Sapphire

In my eyes, I like a challenge, puts my already knowing stealth skills to the real test, risk and reward. They hit harder? That's good for me, more reasons to wear helmets to protect yourself from shock damage, as well as stab vest against bleeding. Time to make use of your equipments, boys and girls, it's what I've been doing AND suggesting. 

I don't see a need to change, leave it as it is. To many edits can spoil.

• Sapphire

They lose intrest way faster now.

just jog away and your fine 🙂

• VIP
38 minutes ago, Knight said:

They lose intrest way faster now.

just jog away and your fine 🙂

I would add a "Sometimes" in that comment I personaly full sprinted out of a town several hundred meters and that infected still followed me. But yes I noticed that some times you can out run them

• Emerald
3 hours ago, Aron73 said:

Yea if that actualy worked it would be awsome but it doesent and yes I'm consither my self a pro when it comes to sneak up on infected just ask my viewers.

Yesterday I did sneak up on an infected and smaked her in the head and she just turnd around growled at me and allmost killd me, thats the sad trouth.

Same thing happened to @Zanaanyesterday on stream as I watched.

Im like 90% sure It needs to be a knife To kill the infected from behind

• VIP

That might be it but at least I have tried that ones granted it only was a small stake knife

1 hour ago, Edgeford said:

Speaking as someone who chiefly uses melee weapons to take down a zombie (partly for RP reasons, partly because ammo is rare and partly to avoid sounding the dinner bell) these changes really do bite! See what I did there? But seriously, not only are zombies spongier which is just a pain. But them being able to get in a few more blows before going down really grinds through kit durability and unless you have the rubles to buy repair items, repair items are like gold dust. As for stealth, I have tried it and it does not seem to connect that well. Even when using edged weapons as I know you can't stealth with blunt. Plus, I have discovered that proper boots make more noise than things like trainers, so  zombies are harder to sneak up on or sneak around.  I actually care about the aesthetic of my character, and showing up to RP in shoes that really don't fit or clothing that is damaged just kind of sucks. I would also be less available to RP as I have to spend more time very slowly scavenging for items to either use or sell off for repair kits. 

for the edged weapon part im not sure as it did work for with a hatchet i usually aim for the mid back , if things come to worse and you have to 1 on 1 them i recommend keeping distance since you can only block one handed attacks from them , if they agro on you the way i atleast use is heavy attack when they get close and get 1 light hit in then back up let them do there one handed attack since they only do the 2 handed one up close then hit them with another heavy and another light , works for me most the time , but yes a dmg nerf would be really nice cuz if its more than 1 zombie you will most likely lose alot of health 

• Lore Master

making hordes with these infected is downright dangerous and impossible.

• VIP
1 minute ago, Stagsview said:

I agree and you would prob have to spawn in a truck load of ammo for us in your events

• Diamond

I would call this hasty. Its been a day since the patch and people are already complaining. Id give it a healthy week before doing any changes. When people actually will have suppressed weapons and whatnot. 

• MVP

This is my character when I get overwhelmed by the infected:

run discover GIF

I like the challenge though but they do need to be nerf'd a bit. All in all I just trap them in houses or sheds and I'm good.

• Emerald

Namalsk was generally harder and most of us pulled through that just fine, like lets be honest boys, they are not even hitting unconcious players to death anymore, if you get downed you get another chance to escape or even fight them off. I'd rather have them like how they are right now tbh, looters will have a bigger problem hoarding stuff and hostile RPers will have a harder problem in firefights, seems well balanced to me.

• Support

Staggs on the forums:

59 minutes ago, Stagsview said:

Staggs on the inside:

Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Emerald

Nerf the zombies please. They are just too strong atm.