Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:43

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 16 minutes | Nyheim City

Lost Highway Prefab

tripzkill

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

The Lost Highway Prefab

After months of design plans, long nights, pesky files, and going back to the drawing board, the Lost Highway – thanks to the incredibly hard work of Johan and Khav – has finally developed a prefab that we’d like to implement at our place in Cherno to enhance the roleplay for our group and anyone on the server who wants to interact / get involved with us.

The OOC Reason / Goal of the Prefab:

One of the original goals for this group as conceived by @Griffin was to bring more roleplay experiences down to the southern part of the map. Part of what we want to achieve with this prefab is to make the map itself a more engaging and immersive environment for cool roleplay.

For example, we’ve added a series of makeshift homes centered around a series of wooden docks on which people can create a kind of shanty-town hub where people can live and fish. Alternatively, these makeshift-homes-by-the-docks are conducive to a kind of thieve-ridden underbelly of Riften vibe, where charlatans, pick-pockets, and low-lifes galore can congregate.

The idea of having walls and some kind of unlocked entrance-way gate is crucial to creating a roleplay experience wherein there is actual care and attention paid to the fact that people need to feel safe from the infected. This crucial element becomes super difficult to maintain without the presence of some permanent walls.

IC Reasoning:

The founding members of the Lost Highway, many of whom have died or disappeared, wanted to provide a safe haven for people who needed a place to receive the physical and psychological support people needed in the wake of a society’s total collapse. After weeks of building and rebuilding walls blown down by some bandit or other with a bazooka or a purse-bomb, the goal of providing this safe haven seemed almost impossible, that no matter how much we’d build, walls would be blown down and the infected could simply wander in and terrorize any unsuspecting traveler or inhabitant of the Bowery.

After a while, it seemed like we had no choice but to abandon our beloved Bowery and go on the run from the numerous threats that plagued our everyday existence. After getting battered, beaten, and tortured on the road, a much smaller group of us returned to the Bowery than the numbers we had when we left. Many of us had been killed or went into hiding. However, soon our numbers started to grow again, and fresh new faces with a will to make a difference began to turn the tide.

Soon our friends from the Belic Bar would roll down to Cherno, they asked if we could use some help. The help they brought was something none of us could ever predict. Ivan had organized for the entire community to come down with as much manpower and building supplies as they could bring, cars packed to the rim with every tool and piece of supplies you could imagine. [This actually happened in-game]

How we thought we could IC-ly make sense of this prefab partially involves the major effort on the part of the Belic Bar previously mentioned, as well as our other friends who have helped us get back on our feet since we returned to the Bowery. For instanc, our friendship with Svobodny adds sense to the idea that we’d actually be able to have the manpower needed to accomplish some of the building projects. Furthermore, our friendship with the Transporters can also justify / make sense of the elevated buses and walled-area we would we have based on the idea that, after seeing the structures and techniques they’ve used in building their own base, they might share their building knowledge and experience with us in our efforts to secure our home.

General Layout:

The general layout is split in two parts: the Inner and Outer Bowery. The Outer Bowery is meant as the central area for all people and events. Much like the Belic Bar, the entrance ways are meant to keep infected out, but let people in.

The Outer Bowery serves as a rest stop for visitors and travelers stopping by in need of food, drink, and a place to stay. There’s a series of tents and small shacks for people looking to stay the night (or longer). This outer area is also the home of the Vanir Traders (and potentially other businesses looking to set up shop). In this outer area, there is also a garage intended for car repair and maintenance, especially for the mechanics of the Bar or the Transporters who may need access to the necessary equipment at this end of the map.

Another facet of this outer area can be used to accord well with the lore of this season. That is, the place allocated for temporary (or permanent) residents can be converted into an improvised quarantine zone. Within this area we’ve placed a decontamination tent that we will IC-ly (attempt) to put in working order to use for the Q-Z. This quarantine zone and series of improvised shelters can serve as a kind of refugee camp for people fleeing the gas from the north and the increased threat that the infected are starting to pose.

The Inner Bowery is intended as an area for the members of the Lost Highway to sleep, store their personal affects, grow and prepare food, and potentially use as a stronghold against encroaching bandits etc. Within the Inner Bowery is also where much of our medical RP occurs. This area can house a series of medical tents, which can be used (with the proper equipment) to create an atmosphere conducive for surgery RP. In terms of defence against invaders, some of the items we’ve added here are ladders that allow people to access some of the roofs within the Inner Bowery. Being able to get atop these roofs provides a pretty incredible view of the Chernogorsk area, as well as key vantage points for our scouts and guards to use as means of recon and defence.

I hope this long-winded explanation proves to be helpful for your consideration of this prefab. Ultimately, its purpose should be for the betterment of our community’s immersion, and I hope I’ve done an adequate job of showing the potential for immersion that this design proposes.

Thanks,

Ethan-J / Leon Radek

2021.04.17-20.24_04.png

2021.04.17-20.23.png

2021.04.17-20.23_01.png

2021.04.17-20.23_02.png

2021.04.17-20.24.png

2021.04.17-20.24_01.png

2021.04.17-20.24_02.png

2021.04.17-20.24_03.png

2021.04.22-14.03.png

2021.04.22-14.04.png

2021.04.22-14.04_01.png

2021.04.22-14.04_02.png

2021.04.22-14.05.png

2021.04.22-14.05_01.png

2021.04.22-14.06.png

2021.04.22-14.06_01.png

Edited by tripzkill
  • Diamond

It looks pretty good, I love the little touches like the grave and shrine that I would assume is for Griffin's character Dima.

I noticed a bit of clipping in one of the images:

image.png.1b42ed2198268009e913a44cac4106bb.png

If you could fix that, then it's a +1 from me 🙂 

• Sapphire
57 minutes ago, Cor said:

It looks pretty good, I love the little touches like the grave and shrine that I would assume is for Griffin's character Dima.

I noticed a bit of clipping in one of the images:

image.png.1b42ed2198268009e913a44cac4106bb.png

If you could fix that, then it's a +1 from me 🙂 

I will fix that right away and your right that shrine is for Dima

• Head Admin

Looks like it serves the purpose it's made for +1

• Diamond

@tripzkill Is there anyway you could do a video walk through?

It might show some things that I do have some concerns about. 

• Sapphire
1 hour ago, cjackson821 said:

@tripzkill Is there anyway you could do a video walk through?

It might show some things that I do have some concerns about. 

I have a video up now

• Diamond

Do you have any pictures or videos of this back area?? ......

1388994906_ScreenShot2021-04-22at9_36_00AM.png.b8591a16222396e359edb7e02e423f37.png

It's clear you have stairs to the roofs, so I don't know if you are trying to keep it secret.... but we know. 
I think it's just fair enough that we get to see it and make sure that they don't seem to be in a position it wouldn't be possible. 

Also, the other thing that bugs me is the clipping with the docks. Don't know if you could lift the docks higher so it doesn't clip? Or possibly move it to a different section so it doesn't seem so far out there. Just nitpicking I guess. 

835338951_ScreenShot2021-04-22at9_35_24AM.png.34484d8aaf82ea17e1024e73e526a0d4.png

• Sapphire
7 hours ago, cjackson821 said:

Do you have any pictures or videos of this back area?? ......

1388994906_ScreenShot2021-04-22at9_36_00AM.png.b8591a16222396e359edb7e02e423f37.png

It's clear you have stairs to the roofs, so I don't know if you are trying to keep it secret.... but we know. 
I think it's just fair enough that we get to see it and make sure that they don't seem to be in a position it wouldn't be possible. 

Also, the other thing that bugs me is the clipping with the docks. Don't know if you could lift the docks higher so it doesn't clip? Or possibly move it to a different section so it doesn't seem so far out there. Just nitpicking I guess. 

835338951_ScreenShot2021-04-22at9_35_24AM.png.34484d8aaf82ea17e1024e73e526a0d4.png

Done

• Administrator

+/- 0 For now, I'm not picking a side. The entrances could use some work on them however, there's a good amount of clipping throughout the whole compound as others states so I won't go in detail for those. A big issue would be the 2nd entrance you shown. I don't think realistically a part of a scaffolding to walk up on and a few wooden logs would be able to hold up a bus like the way it is now. My personal suggestion would be rework the entrances and the walls to make them look like a group of random survivors built it up during the apocoplyse. A wall can be made out of anything, look at the bere prefab where their walls are containers and destroy vehicles. That would be good reference to use.

• Diamond

I do agree with Inferno, the Bus idea is really cool but something more concrete needs to be holding that thing up IMO.

That being said, aside from the clipping, which it seems youre already fixing, I think its homey and I love the shrine to dear Dima ❤️

• Diamond

Other than clipping issues in some places looks good to me. If that is going to be fixed up so it doesn't clip as much it is a yes vote from me. 

• Sapphire

Made some changes to the bus entrance  

2021.04.27-21.48.png

2021.04.27-21.48_01.png

2021.04.27-21.48_02.png

• Owner

Send files and I'll take a look in game