Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:03

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 56 minutes | Nyheim City

Bad RP / No value for life (NVFL) + Character permanently killed

Aron73

• VIP

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): https://www.dayzrp.com/profile/37208-aron73/warnings/7153/ 

Why the verdict is not fair: I was never killed/executed. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: Ok, so first of all, We all had a great time, and people have asked me to play my char Chameleon, more of a soldier-type guy, and be more aggressive, so that was what I did. Now Chameleon respects Hector and Deebs more than anyone else he knows basically because of what they do and that their "family," so yes, he would die for them if needed.

Now I only see one thing with this report: I got banned for providing some good RP that EVERYONE enjoyed.

Also, I did not try to get out of my bonds as I told the enemy I was only losing up the duct tape slightly.

And again, I will emphasize that, while my character was being combative with his hostage-takers, he was not executed for his actions, and if you look in the stream chat, I was applauded for the RP provided

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I want my ban removed and my char back so I can continue on this adventure and maybe even get some revenge.

What could you have done better?: I could have RP'd more pain, but I honestly don't want my neighbors to knock on my door again 

• Head Admin

Hello Aron,

Could you kindly pinpoint where in you VOD this takes place? I'd like to review this asap.

Hofer

• VIP

1h16m ish

• Head Admin

Thanks for providing the time stamp @Aron73,

After reviewing your ban I am seriously confused as to why this was applied. You cannot get banned for NVFL without dying usually, only in extreme cases where a player jumps off a tall building and somehow survives for example, but that was not your case. If you had been killed by the opposing party, you may very well have been hit with NVFL, however you were never killed and as such the warning is invalid.

As for the BadRP part your roleplay in the situation was fine. While you at time showed some disinterest as viewed in your VOD, you were mostly replying and dealing with what happened. My suggestion to you Aron is that you should remain focused on the game and the roleplay at hand 100% of the time if you're in an area with other people, such as the hostage situation. This way you'll always be sure to provide equal roleplaying opportunities to those around you, as you're presented with yourself.

Appeal accepted, warning points and ban reverted.

Signed @Hofer

#freearon73

• Hofer locked this topic