Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 21:17

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
ONGOING | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Ends in 1 hour, 42 minutes | Nyheim City

appeal for making a post on dayzrp.com

cas

• MVP

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

image.png

Why the verdict is not fair:

the thread asked if myself and other members of the community judge people based on what they wear in-game. I expressed my opinion on the subject and explained the way I judge people's clothing based on my own personal experiences. I do not understand which part of rule 1.1 or 1.2 I broke by simply responding to the thread with an appropriate and true answer. I did not insult, bully, harass, troll or provoke any community member and/or group of community members any more than everyone else in the thread did. If there is some group going around wearing the articles of clothing I listed in my post I was not aware as I have not played on the server in some time.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

My post did not break the rules and does not warrant any warning points. In my warning I also received the following threat:

"In the future I highly recommend you take this into consideration before making a post or it can and will be met with further points."

which is highly unprofessional and frankly weird. I don't believe it is standard staff procedure to make these kinds of ... demands? in their warning messages.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: appeal accepted, post restored, beanz

What could you have done better?: not logged into dayzrp.com

• MVP

- User was warned for this post -

• Administrator

Greetings @cas,

We apologize for the tardiness of this appeal.

A separate portion of the staff team has reviewed your appeal and decided to DENY IT.

We do not accept your argument that your answer to the thread was as innocent as you claim in this appeal. You described two specific articles of clothing, which are widely known to be the “trademark” articles of clothing worn by a very specific group of individuals. Nor do we accept your argument that you are unaware of a group that wears these clothes, seeing as you were actively playing on the server at the same time as this group. Then describing how everyone who wears those two definitive articles of clothing is about to give you bad roleplay. This is simply insulting to the members of that group. Your post in this way was indeed provocative to other community members who were members of that group.

We won’t address your grievances with the statement you quoted from your warning, as the appeals section is not the appropriate place to discuss it. Should you feel that a staff member has acted unprofessionally in giving you a warning, or you wish to share a grievance about it, feel free to file a Support Ticket to the Administrators.

With the above said,
Appeal denied - warning points remain.

Signed by @Duplessis and @Bryan