Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 10:46

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 8 hours, 13 minutes | Nyheim City

Do a Full server wipe

SynO

Server Wipe (LOOT and BASES)  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

The server has gone long enough without a full server wipe and it shows. There's not alot of food, weapons or anything besides clothing since everyone is stashing their loot behind their walls. Hence why i'm making this poll because some people just like to hoard stuff without reason and by wiping the server it'd make more people go out from their bases and actually get roleplay

Edited by SynO
  • Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Just raid more bases for loot.

other than that, a wipe would not solve that issue, abit +- on this one, maybe up the spawn of satchel charges more.

Edited by Knight
  • Emerald

Loot economy is fucked, there are more weapons than what there is actual food in circulation currently.

+1 to this also add an option to remove traders too.

• Game Master
4 minutes ago, SynO said:

There's not alot of food, weapons or anything besides clothing since everyone is stashing their loot behind their walls. 

I'm pretty sure the loot should still spawn regardless of how many people have X amount of each item. Maybe @Roland or @Whitename could confirm this fact.

Not sure what a wipe would really do right now other than forestall the situation we currently find ourselves in.

• Game Master

tenor.gif

I'd be more than happy to let people keep their bases, I'm sure a lot of folk spent a lot of time on their respective bases and such. But the L O O T and stashes needs resetting, get people scavenging again.

Everytime I go on a loot run, either it be in a military area or a civil area, I can find food and guns easily; actually, I find the spawn rate of assault rifles quite high compared to food. The only thing I really struggle to find are tools such as axes and saws, but otherwise I find the loot spawn to be really decent.

I you struggle to find weapons and food I'm sorry for you, but I can assure you I'm never ever worried about finding these two categories of loot

• Lore Master

Pretty sure Roland said the loot works in a way that even though so much is in storage it always spawns regardless, as the spawning is dependant on how much is on the ground and not storage.

So it wouldn't really fix anything

• MVP

A wipe would just be an inconvenience as it would take a week and everything will go back to how it is now. Loot spawns regardless of how many things are picked up, there is no cap on guns as there was before.

• Diamond

Since loot spawns regardless of how much of anything is stashed, don’t really see the point in a server wipe.  The only thing it’ll really do is get rid of stashed guns that have had their spawn rates turned down.

Better to wait for the next patch, it might fuck with something that requires a wipe anyway.

• Titanium

Like others pointed out, 90% of the loot table still spawn no matter how much are in bases. Only specific items with a Spawn cap don't spawn anymore but a wipe won't change it since people will just find them in a matter of days. Just look at the BMWs when they got reintroduced not too long ago. The X amount of Beamer available was found in a matter of days...

If YOU can't find food or weapons, it's either because you are not looking at the right place, or you are not looting at the right time. If you try to loot when the server pop is high, you won't find a lot of stuff. The best time to loot is either early morning or late at night when the server pop is low. I know not everyone can do that but that's how it is... I do a lot of "loot runs" and believe me when I say that you CAN find everything you need if you look at the right places and have a bit of luck.

• Head Admin

Yes, I personally think we should, however I'd wait until the next DayZ patch as we may or may not be forced at that time.

• MVP
2 hours ago, Elmo said:

I'm pretty sure the loot should still spawn regardless of how many people have X amount of each item. Maybe @Roland or @Whitename could confirm this fact.

Not sure what a wipe would really do right now other than forestall the situation we currently find ourselves in.

This. Roland and Whitename have stated on numerous occasions that there is no cap on how much of an item will spawn, it's the time between when it spawns that has changed.

Just wait to see what the patch fucks up and go from there.

• Emerald

At current I can't see one being useful, but most definitely around the patch or as story arcs close 

• Emerald

They should wipe the server as there is still tonnes of the weapons which where decreased in value of spawns. As people have loads stashed.

• Diamond

While people have already commented on how hoarding doesn't really affect the loot table, I'm actually gonna drop a +1 because you're absolutely right when it comes to players getting out of bases and logging on. It seems to me that when a wipe happens the servers pop jumps pretty high for a few days, and while this doesn't usually last, it is still nice to see people coming back. If I'm not mistaken the last time we server wiped was when we added Expansion. I don't know the actual ramifications of having the server going that long without a wipe, but I imagine there are probably some other upsides to wiping that smarter people than me could comment on. 

And honestly even if we do wipe it'll only take people like a week to fill their bush stashes back up and rebuild their bases so nothing is really being lost imo.

3 minutes ago, Tactical Tim said:

They should wipe the server as there is still tonnes of the weapons which where decreased in value of spawns. As people have loads stashed.

I can't imagine how many fals and scars are just sitting in a crate somewhere.

• Sapphire

If people are having a hard time finding food, grow it.  I vibed for 30 minutes and filled up an entire wooden caravan(500 slots) of food.

I have always agreed on wiping the higher end things, like scars, and fals. Maybe we should do a wipe of all military gear? IE plate carriers, aks, m4s etc.

• Emerald

nah

wait for patch 

pretty sure loot spawns either way and it will just make everyone spend a day or 2 regearing and re-building their ROLEPLAY HUBS 

image.png.c717c1d750816394aadfedcb2258b7f7.png

• Titanium

I see this come up a lot and I'm gonna have to say yes to get rid of the reliance on SCARs and PKP's as the meta pvp guns, but also to give a heed to wiping.

It's just a temporary solution to a long term problem.

Unless a continual loot wipe cycle gets implemented....and I hope to God it's not, you're going to see stashing. It's a realistic thing too, people don't want to carry everything they own on their person, and they want a secure place to dump belongings so they can be light, be more useful.

It's how the game operates, and not much more can be done to change the loot problems we have beyond what the devs already are doing.

And for those that need an explanation on why regular loot/server wipes are a negative, here's one

How would you like to start from square one every week, or 2 weeks, or even month? I understand the want to have everyone be nomadic, everyone just carry all their gear on them at all times, like back in alpha, but that's unrealistic, and can honestly get in the way of rp. Hubs exist for a reason, and consistent and regular server wipes disrupts rp.

thanks for my TED talk, have a nice night.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Please don't part me from my PKP

Sadge.png.02111e251b5ff51cbefdb2c4a8659573.png

Nah but fr we should wipe the server whenever the next patch rolls around

Edited by ImPurge

1.12 is gonna shake up the 'meta' and possibly break the game. 

Again. 

So I'd say wait until patch day to wipe. It won't change much, other than 'what flavour of military hardware will I repeatedly die to due to balance changes' - which is a good thing because 308 fighting do be boring. 

• Diamond

No because it won't solve anything. People storing stuff doesn't affect spawn rate of stuff. Roland and Devs have clarified this so many times that it is baffling some players don't realize this yet. A wipe won't fix players preferred play style or habits. Just raid their Base like a good little bandit. 😁

6 minutes ago, PATRIOT said:

No because it won't solve anything. People storing stuff doesn't affect spawn rate of stuff. Roland and Devs have clarified this so many times that it is baffling some players don't realize this yet. A wipe won't fix players preferred play style or habits. Just raid their Base like a good little bandit. 😁

I think it's more to simply 'start afresh' and put meaning into the devs changes to certain item spawns that so far haven't had much of an impact due to them being found/bought in stupid amounts before the change. I hate wipes and would rather not, but in all honesty at this point it's better to just do a surprise wipe and be done with it. 

Will it unfairly screw most of the server? Of course it will. But the ammount of PKP/SCAR-H STILL floating around and creating crap <5 second PvP scenarios is not fun for anyone. 

• Diamond

I am +1 on this, although there needs to be more to it. As with current traders settings, it will turn the old ways really quickly. It might be needed for the new patch though, who knows.