Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 02:46

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 16 hours, 13 minutes | Nyheim City

Attempted Invalid Kill appeal - Jackfish

Jackfish

• Lore Master

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: I think that's pretty obvious. I never hit the person in the car, didn't destroy the car he was driving in, gave 30+ minutes of RP after (which the OP enjoyed) and he survived the whole thing. I would of understood the verdict if I actually hit him, that didn't happen. Even staff said they were disappointment that the report was even posted. In my opinion staff could of given us a verbal warning and due to circumstances not give any points.

Its clear that the OP of the report did not want to stop before we started shooting. He pressed the gas and only stopped because we shot at him. He could of screamed "Im stopping" stright away, but instead of doing that he drove faster trying to get away. 

I could of tried to type a text initiation to make it more clear for the driver, but I don't think there was time for that. I could also wait a bit longer in the future but I think that's a massive risk since cars are OP (which is good)

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:  Points removed, ban lifted.

What could you have done better?: Throw a text initiation and wait longer before shooting. 

• Game Master

Greetings @Jackfish

A separate team of staff have reviewed this and have chosen to Deny It. We very well recognise that you gave a lot of good roleplay after the shooting happened. Though this is not an excuse for what happened. When you initiate on someone in a car, you need to make sure that they can both hear the initiation clearly and have a reasonable time to stop, before you open fire. This was definitely not the case here.

The vehicle moved at a rather high speed when the initiation was dropped. The initiation itself was dropped by three people at the same time. Three people screaming down their microphones at the same time, does not make the initiation more clear. In the provided video evidence, you can hear and see that VolraSlava, as soon as he realised what was going on, stopped the vehicle as quick as he could. At this point you and your group already opened full fire, giving him no reasonable chance to fulfill the demands given in the initiation.

We understand that in the moment of an initiation it can be difficult to see whether the driver will stop or not and comply to the given demands. Initiations on a high speed vehicle can for this reason be seen as a risky situation for the people initiating. Though even in these situations, you need to make sure that you give the opposite party enough time comply and not instantly open fire when they slightly pass you. The shots that were taking were clearly aimed at the vehicle, therefore it is an attempt to kill the person driving it. Next time try to make sure the initiation is not just multiple people screaming down their microphones and also make sure to give the opposite party more time to comply before you open fire at them.

With that being said,

//Appeal Denied - Ban and warning points remain.

Signed: @Baskoand @Inferno.

• Basko locked this topic