Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 09:40

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 9 hours, 19 minutes | Nyheim City

Website and Premium updates

Roland

• Owner

As most of you noticed, the website look has changed slightly after yesterdays maintenance.

The "new" theme is based on new version of the website system that we use and has changed some things. I am working on restoring the old look in this new theme, although it will take some time to fix all the colors and layouts.

While updating the website I have made some changes to the Premium systems. First of all, I have renamed the old "Black" rank to "Titanium", since all other ranks followed naming scheme of precious metals or gems it made sense to continue with this naming. A new rank has also been added - "Platinum" which is most likely the very top end and last Premium rank that will be created. The new rank is a work in progress, so far I've added these perks, but the list might change:

• Create your own personal, permanent prefab in game. Similar to group prefabs, this one will stay on the map as long as your account is in good standing, regardless of what happens to your group. Great to create a fully customized private hangout for you and your friends, a trading hub or a hunting cabin in the woods.
  • Unlimited supply of BeanZ to give out on the forums
  • Ability to anonymously log in into the website - if enabled you won't show up to regular users on the online list, browsing threads or after visiting peoples profiles. Staff will still be able to detect your presence though.

Since the rank is work in progress I'm still looking for good ideas for perks for it, if you have a suggestion for something you'd like to see included with the top rank, let me know!

To celebrate this new rank addition, we are doing a spring sale with 25% discount on all non-subscription purchases! Enter coupon code "spring" during checkout to apply the discount!

Finally, I have migrated the Premium subscriptions to a new system. You shouldn't notice any significant change besides a new ordering page. Most improvements are in the back end for handling monthly payments. If you encounter any issues with subscription ordering or renewals please contact me.

• Game Master

If I pay for Platinum rank can my prefab just be a giant statue of myself? 

• Owner
5 minutes ago, Queerios said:

If I pay for Platinum rank can my prefab just be a giant statue of myself? 

If you create a model for it, yes. 😄 

• MVP
23 minutes ago, Roland said:
  • Create your own personal, permanent prefab in game. Similar to group prefabs, this one will stay on the map as long as your account is in good standing, regardless of what happens to your group. Great to create a fully customized private hangout for you and your friends, a trading hub or a hunting cabin in the woods.

I dont like the "pay for ig advantage" at all. Either way, it is your call what to do on your sever. One question : Is the rank-prefab set up under the same requirements as the group prefabs? Speaking Item numbers & such? Also group prefabs are judged by staff & council - will that still be a thing for rank-prefabs?

• Owner
1 minute ago, Ron said:

I dont like the "pay for ig advantage" at all. Either way, it is your call what to do on your sever. One question : Is the rank-prefab set up under the same requirements as the group prefabs? Speaking Item numbers & such? Also group prefabs are judged by staff & council - will that still be a thing for rank-prefabs?

That would mean creating a group is an unfair advantage as well 🙂 No, there are no set limits for personal prefabs, but I will obviously require them to be within reason since they are supposed to be personal and more or less permanent. I will be handling them alone.

• MVP

Provided the personal prefabs are subject to similar guidelines as group ones this is a good change!

• Diamond

New website loads faster via mobile.

• MVP
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Roland said:

That would mean creating a group is an unfair advantage as well 🙂 

Creating a group is not unfair advantage. Creating a group is work & effort and contains ig role play to reach an achievement for example a group prefab 🙂 .

Maybe consider that a rank-prefab is something small? A limited version of a group-prefab?
So this achievement consists of some ig work doesn't become a simple perk to be bought.

Edited by Ron
  • Owner
1 minute ago, Conor said:

Do the mighty Legends get the perks of this new rank @Roland?

Not at this time

9 minutes ago, Ron said:

Creating a group is not unfair advantage. Creating a group is work & effort and contains ig role play to reach an achievement for example a group prefab 🙂 .

Maybe consider that a rank-prefab is something small? A limited version of a group-prefab?
So this achievement consists of some ig work doesn't become a simple perk to be bought.

That's what I said in the OP, a personal prefab within reason. Not a massive group compound for a 20 man group.

• Owner
Just now, Conor said:

I am dissappoint.

200.gif

I love you too.

• MVP
1 minute ago, Roland said:

Not at this time

That's what I said in the OP, a personal prefab within reason. Not a massive group compound for a 20 man group.

Ah nvm, I should have read twice before yelling at you. If it is small house somewhere and not castle walls like ig bases these days- then fine.
Still the "pay for ig advantage" just has a bad karma - imo, leave me that to whine about.

• Legend
28 minutes ago, Conor said:

Do the mighty Legends get the perks of this new rank @Roland?

This needs to be fixed, ASAP @Roland. I did not deal with tickets and corruption to get treated like this 😞 

• Legend

I like how all the Legends are like, "WELL MAYBE I WANT A PERSONAL PREFAB IG TOO, ROLAND." 😄

Also man, the text editor is borked.

image.png.d3b16dfadd5894b3d9769f345336747b.png

😞 I await the changes!

Cool, can't wait to see who's gonna be the first suc... I mean wealthy individual to buy it and have his own ERP villa 🙂

• MVP
6 hours ago, Colt said:

If I bought platinum could I just be given MVP lol

No sir, you gotta earn it

• Diamond

Any restrictions on Non-Lore friendly additions with the Pre-Fabs? Also, would we need to wait for a DayzRP Mod update to get our Prefabs in game or will they be added sooner? 

• MVP
2 hours ago, TheBishop said:

Any restrictions on Non-Lore friendly additions with the Pre-Fabs? Also, would we need to wait for a DayzRP Mod update to get our Prefabs in game or will they be added sooner? 

Sooner, once Roland approves it prefabs can be applied serverside and take effect as soon as the next restart.

• Diamond

Honestly, at a certain point you're just taking advantage of people that don't know how to handle their money. 1000 euro for a rank in a roleplay community is absolutely ridiculous.

• Emerald
21 minutes ago, Squillium said:

Honestly, at a certain point you're just taking advantage of people that don't know how to handle their money. 1000 euro for a rank in a roleplay community is absolutely ridiculous.

I love capitalism

• Lore Master

When am i getting my own special rank for the amount of time ive slaved here?

• Emerald
5 hours ago, Squillium said:

Honestly Rolle is quite respectable the sum seems large but, I can tell you stories from other communities where just to play on the server you are gonna have to dish out a 100 to 250 euros a month. Just so you can get ahead in priority queue because otherwise you wont even get in at all.

Rolle doesnt require you to spend that cash for you to play here, and while you do buy the rank it is still the same as donating which we all know for reasons from the past is no longer possible. If you look at the fact that I spend 2615 hours in dayzrp (not all of them logged by the website).

You rapidly realise its only 38 cents an hour, comparing that to any other hobby thats actually rather cheap for supporting something you enjoy.
A long time ago I bought the rank I have now for a 100 euros in comparison to my play time that only results in to 0.04~ cents an hour.

Which is criminally low seeing as running the website, the licenses for the software and the server set Rolle back way more.
There needs to be a earning model to keep it all running.

Ofcourse I have been here since... wow 2014 so thats... okay im getting old spend over 7 years.

But yhea just saying, the sum is outragous, but the option is freely choosable unlike other communities AND, if youve been here long enough the sum can even be justified depending on the amount of hours you've spend here.

That being said no person in their right mind should ever willynilly spend a 1000 euros out of his pocket for something like this without saving up a long time for it.
Its not financially justifiable to you and your wallet.

And I can guarrantee you that money is better spend in A your savings account or B in a solid investment with returns and gains.

• Legend
23 hours ago, Brayces said:

I like how all the Legends are like, "WELL MAYBE I WANT A PERSONAL PREFAB IG TOO, ROLAND." 😄

Also man, the text editor is borked.

image.png.d3b16dfadd5894b3d9769f345336747b.png

😞 I await the changes!

Don't lie, you want one too