Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 11:54

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 7 hours, 5 minutes | Nyheim City

Remove NBC gear from item shop

JasonBR

Remove NBC gear from item shop?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond

Since Toxic Zone is now in game, NBC gear should not be sold in the item shop so that their is no paid advantage.

Question, it would no longer be available for purchase, would those that have purchased it previously be able to retain them in their inventory?

• Diamond
Just now, IrishSailor said:

Question, it would no longer be available for purchase, would those that have purchased it previously be able to retain them in their inventory?

I would assume it would be refunded in store credit? Unsure of how that would work.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

I wonder if you can sell the item shop NBC clothing to the traders, or if it's somehow disabled. If not, they are worth 300 each. So you could sell the outfit for 1500 every 12 hours. If this is the case, and selling item shop NBC gear to traders can't be disabled, then I believe they should be removed. 

Update: I've been told you cannot sell the item shop NBC gear. 

Edited by Colt
  • MVP

Hewwo

I will look into this to see if it breaks our licensing agreement with Bohemia, stay tuned

• Diamond
1 minute ago, Whitename said:

Hewwo

I will look into this to see if it breaks our licensing agreement with Bohemia, stay tuned

Thank you good sir.

Posted (edited)

If it's gonna be like last time the toxic zone was added, the NBC from the item shop spawns with zero protection for the toxic cloud.

If not, I'd rather see this than just the removal of it.

Edited by Woodzie
  • Diamond

No. I paid for it I don't want to be forcefully refunded my money. 

• Diamond

I don't personally think it should be removed from the item shop however if it was possible to make the one spawned in less effective as the mod's ones you just find in game? Unsure if that would be do-able but perhaps a happy medium maybe. 🤔

• Administrator

If it can be sold at the traders, then we should simply remove the ability to sell it. Otherwise, if people paid for it they should have access to it.

-1 for pay to win. 

remove the gear from the store if it allows protection towards toxic gas 

• Game Master

NBC items from the store do protect from the gas, tested today.

• Titanium

I tested today if we can sell the spawned NBC gear and you cannot. So there's no way to farm money with it by spawning it.

• Diamond
21 minutes ago, AlwaysGamer said:

I tested today if we can sell the spawned NBC gear and you cannot. So there's no way to farm money with it by spawning it.

I'm not super concerned about that.

I'm more concerned about what rover said here.

4 hours ago, Rover said:

• Titanium
7 minutes ago, JasonBR said:

I'm not super concerned about that.

I'm more concerned about what rover said here.

Then, if they want to remove the gear from the shop, they have to either refund everyone that bought a set, or make it so people who bought a set can keep it. Also keep a higher spawn change for us to find it in game. Especially if the mobile toxic zone gets implemented. 

They should not be removed and should not be forced refund. If the fact that it protects you from gas is the issue. The clothes also protect from cold. So saying the NBC is pay to win, so are all the clothing items.  This should have been researched by staff prior to adding mods. Now you want to punish community members because you have not or can not purchase the items. 

• Legend

This is complicated, but I'm going to say no. Modify the item so to not be effective. 

Refunding is problematic as some people may have spent money specifically for those items. To have them removed and store credit granted in their stead could amount to a bait and switch as other items may not interest said players. 

• Diamond
42 minutes ago, DarthDink said:

They should not be removed and should not be forced refund. If the fact that it protects you from gas is the issue. The clothes also protect from cold. So saying the NBC is pay to win, so are all the clothing items.  This should have been researched by staff prior to adding mods. Now you want to punish community members because you have not or can not purchase the items. 

Ah yes, I want to punish people for using a feature that has been in the server for ages now, that’s exactly why I made this.

The gear should be modified or removed. Regular clothing does not provide access to high tier areas, whereas NBC clothes do. Don’t straw man me.

• Support

Its complicated but i gonna say No to this for a simply reason

They can spawn with a huge cooldown and we can effective find them in game with no hard work actually.
They have no giant advantage on this season, and if got removed from item shop, wich i don't agree with, people who bought already should not be forced to refund IMO.

As explained up there, they can make money with spawnned items on the Traders, so i dont think too that it is a problem too.

I think the only reasonable modification that could be put on is to increase the cooldown or make the cooldown work as one for NBC Geart like if u Spawn the Jacket, the entire set of NBC gets the cooldown (If is already not like that).

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2021 at 3:56 PM, Rover said:

This is now incorrect, I tried it yesterday and it didn't work not sure if something was changed but yeh...

Edited by General Rickets