Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:46

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 13 minutes | Nyheim City

Do you even want new players?

I understand the fact of keeping this a roleplay only server, but by making it so difficult to even join discouraged me from even wanting to. A secret passphrase seemed very ridiculous in my opinion. You should find a new way to verify the rules have been read. You will ban rulebreakers regardless, so maybe a I accept button would work better. Anyways best of lucks.

LeBeau

• Emerald

I've played on and off for 3 years give or take, others have played a lot longer than I, and can tell you the same. In most DayZ servers which pertain to RP, there is always a huge problem with GearRP & general shitty RP. This server, at least in my experience and the guys I play with, has avoided a lot of these issues, with the majority of my encounters be extremely enjoyable. 

Lowering the bar simply lowers the quality. If anything the hardest thing about getting into DayZRP, is being patient enough to be approved after applying. Get into Chernarus and experience it for yourself if you don't believe me 🙂

Very odd post mate. Seems your in a very low minority here. 

Hope too see your RP game sometime in the future. Hopefully the annoyance doesn't transfer over to your charcter when you find those passphrases.

Maybe jump in helpdesk or just general in Discord and see if somebody can point you in the right direction.

• Titanium
1 hour ago, DeLebeau said:

I understand the fact of keeping this a roleplay only server, but by making it so difficult to even join discouraged me from even wanting to. A secret passphrase seemed very ridiculous in my opinion. You should find a new way to verify the rules have been read. You will ban rulebreakers regardless, so maybe a I accept button would work better. Anyways best of lucks.

LeBeau

LeBeau, We all share an understanding with you about the frustrating and tedious nature of the application process, as it's something we've all been through. I would however like to highlight the fact that the frustrating nature of the whitelist is far outweighed by the frustrating nature of having your experience impeded by people with no regards or understanding for the rules.

The application process is intentionally tough, because it is there to prepare you as much as possible for the strict standards we have in this community, without putting you in a position where you could jeopardize other peoples experiences because of your own lack in understanding. Along with that, we don't want to see new players banned within a week of joining because they didn't read the rules and instead, blindly checked the "I accept button".

So while yes the application process is not fun, you should see it as precedent for the standards of roleplay you can expect, while knowing it is there as an additional safeguard, to protect both you and other players from having your time in the community hindered.

The problem with having a non-whitelisted Roleplay Community means that Anyone is able to join. Now while this sounds good on paper, I would invite you to look at other Roleplay Servers that allow Anyone to join:

- DarkRP
- Altis Life
- Many FiveM Servers

All of these things have one thing in common, and it is an inconsistency in Roleplay Quality.
One day you will have the time of your Life, running into High Quality Roleplayers, but the other day you might just run into completely Fresh People who have not read the Rules and keep breaking them and overall BadRPing. This is because a non-whitelisted Server does not force anybody to read the Rules, those Rules are usually hidden away behind a command that they type in Chat or a Website that they have to go to, leading to a lot of People already breaking the Rules and then claiming Ignorance when caught by an Admin, which is not an Excuse to break a Rule after all.

Atleast with a Whitelist and a Secret Passphrase, you have to read the rules, even multiple times if you miss the Passphrase.
This in theory should discourage many unserious Players from participating as they will see the few Pages of Rules that seem long and restrictive, but are actually quite easy to follow once read through (Except for the Initiation Rules which still seem like they were written by a Lawyer and constantly cause trouble for players).

I personally think that DayZRP does not suffer from a New Player Issue as I still regularly see new ones, what it does need to improve on however is Player Retention.

Edited by VolraSlava
Typos, Why do I even have Grammarly when it doesn't work?
  • Emerald

Yes I want new players and the whitelist should be harder than it already is 🙂 

• MVP

Many people pass the whitelist first try, and making sure the rules have been read beforehand prevents inadvertent rulebreaks, which is better than letting them happen in the first place

• Legend

It’s to stop lazy people that don’t read the rules from getting through. Working as intended it seems.

• MVP
6 hours ago, DeLebeau said:

LeBeau

We dont only ban rulebreakers regardless - we have a big ass staff team to look at individual cases who then take their time to write explanations of what went wrong & what could have been done better.
If you dont want to take your time to read a text and find a single passphrase (it is literally a single word which sticks out mucho) but take the time to make a comment on how you do not want to join anymore, ... - you could have just asked for help.

Making salty close-minded suggestions without giving it a second thought wont help you.
Best of lucks to you too.

I don't think intake of players was ever a problem. Pretty sure keeping them was. Whitelist is easy to get through. If you don't wait for approval 7 days I would say everything is ok.

• Diamond

The bar is high to ensure that people who know how to roleplay and that definitely will understand and follow the rules of the server can play. As others have stated, having the passphrase in the rules seems to work as intended, as you are forced to read to rules to be whitelisted.

/locking thread

• Cor locked this topic
  • Administrator

Working as intended. IMO we should raise the bar. Good luck on your Whitelist.