Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 02:25

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 16 hours, 34 minutes | Nyheim City

Car Is Going crazy

So this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, I don't know if there is someway to fix this issue, I have looked through YouTube and google and tried the logging out with tire trick but didn't seem to do anything. We were about to head south to the civilian trader and are car started shaking and going crazy. We live in the far north so its kind of putting a wrench in are rp plans to head to trader for at will take us to long to travel on foot. If anyone has any things we can try to fix this problem that would be amazing. Thanks

https://clips.twitch.tv/HonestSaltySlothDendiFace-Ona-mAJB1aeYjcv8

• Titanium

Hello, does it get any better when you start moving?, if not you could try taking a wheel off and putting it back on. Other than that I'm not sure if there is a fix, DayZ is just a buggy mess when it comes to vehicles.

lol no it gets worse unfortunately, we have tried taking all the wheels off and putting them back on. When i try to drive its hard to control and i feel like ill prob crash or car will going flying into the o zone layer. Wasn't sure if anyone else has had these problems so figured id ask

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

things like this are usually down to internet issues, whether that be on your side or server side. 

Edited by burRP
  • Sapphire

So this is an inevitable issue that you cannot fix because Dayz is awful when it comes to vehicles. I promise you if you begin driving and steering and all that, it will smooth out, it will not alter your driving or anything, it is simply just the car bouncing a little bit.
You should be able to drive normally.

Hope that Helps. 🙂

• Legend
5 minutes ago, ImFrosty said:

So this is an inevitable issue that you cannot fix because Dayz is awful when it comes to vehicles. I promise you if you begin driving and steering and all that, it will smooth out, it will not alter your driving or anything, it is simply just the car bouncing a little bit.
You should be able to drive normally.

Hope that Helps. 🙂

This. Vehicles are done weird in this game. Essentially you have to send your position in the vehicle to the server. The vehicle also /independently/ has it's own position synced with the server which it sends to you. The same also goes for passengers. Basically what you're seeing is a rubber band caused by server latency/ping where the server is updating the vehicles position which is lagging behind what your own vehicle data is saying. so it bounces like crazy. The more people on the server, the worse this will be as the server gets more and more bogged down.