Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 21:09

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
STARTING SOON | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Starts in 20 minutes | Nyheim City

"Roleplay" Tents

Pepsi

Roleplay Tents?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

Hello DayZRP Players and Community members.

Everyone that came across a tent in the wild will automatically consider that tent a loot box, same with all kinds of tents, it being medium, improv, car or tent, everyone has an incentive to use these tents for storage. In itself, it has a negative impact to some roleplayers (like myself.)

I propose a small change to all tents OR a new entry for tents in DayZRP with a few changes : 

• Storage decreased significantly from 100 to say, 40 or 55, maybe a large rifle length.
  • Military tents get 3 gun slots maximum.
  • Alternatively, disable the storage entirely.
  • EDIT : Medium/Small VANILLA Tents are subject to this change.

Why?

One reason, roleplay. Tents are known to be used for temporary shelter in the open inside forests, etc. Everyone knows what a tent is, therefore, I personally want to see more tents being used for the particular reason they were made for. To have a place to log off that makes sense IC.

Sleeping bags in the world aren't looted by anyone, left where they were. If I put myself a tent for my character, it will be gone in less than an hour to be used in a shack for storage. We already have numerous amounts of storage items crafted or found, therefore the use for tent storage seems outdated. 

Notes :

I do wish to suggest a copy of all civilian grade tents to be used for RP purposes and have a logical explanation to own one, I know houses in the world are plenty, but without MoreDoors Mod in, placing a huge 2.5m Long wall of wood to block it just won't cut it.

Hopefully everyone can understand the suggestion I throw here, I do not have issues with people using tents for storage, but I want to see them used better.

• Lore Master

+1 I'm for this for the standard camping tents. The medical tents have a ton of storage as well, and I wouldn't mind seeing those reduced. We really don't need that much storage in a single tent, medical or otherwise. It also makes zero sense to walk into a home and see tents just chilling inside a person's home. So I'd vote disable storage in civilian tents, reduce it in the others. 

• Titanium
Posted (edited)

+1 for me BUT only for the small civilian tent. I think these tents should have their storage reduced like you said. As a Hunter, Michael likes to stay in the wild but, if his tent just ends up being stolen while he's "Off hunting", why even bother? 

For the bigger tents, I think they should stay the same since they are very large tent which makes more sense that they are used for storage.

Edited by AlwaysGamer
  • Titanium

+1, really think this would be great for RP, although I do believe it should still have some storage for the roaming types that break camp and move every day, but don't want to necessarily carry everything with them all the time.

• Diamond

With the ability to purchase tents and the other storage that is available I don’t think it’s necessary to focus on developing this. 

• MVP

Yes, the less storage containers the better imo. This will be better for roleplay.

• Sapphire

Im kinda on the fence about this one, but seeing i never use a base i'd say +1

Honestly? I'd just counter-propose just creating a new tent variant w/o storage space. Make them smaller than the normal space required for the storage tents, and make them lighter so RPers can haul them around without needing a dufflebag to carry them. 

Also, what does reducing tent storage actually do? Roland stated that it doesn't actually matter if people store gear as the loot tables are seperate from what is found both on characters and in storage, so would what would the point be? Gear hoarding? Frequency of base raids? Whats the negative impact you speak of to people like you? Elaborate upon 'roleplay' as your reasoning, as it's pretty vague and I still don't know why.

Edited by TryaxReck
  • Emerald

Just get rid of tents as a whole tbh dont need any storage

• Emerald

+1 I believe this change is super beneficial, less materialistic, more role play

• Sapphire

I like this Idea as it would bring more RP for other to come up with +1 from me

• Emerald

I'd like for the civilian tent to be easier to carry around, so it could be moved more easily to make camp without as much effort. I hate needing a massive back pack to carry the civilian tent around. I would be fine with decreasing the amount of slots in a tent to balance this change, but I think eliminating all storage is a bit extreme. +1

• Emerald
11 hours ago, TryaxReck said:

Honestly? I'd just counter-propose just creating a new tent variant w/o storage space. Make them smaller than the normal space required for the storage tents, and make them lighter so RPers can haul them around without needing a dufflebag to carry them. 

Also, what does reducing tent storage actually do? Roland stated that it doesn't actually matter if people store gear as the loot tables are seperate from what is found both on characters and in storage, so would what would the point be? Gear hoarding? Frequency of base raids? Whats the negative impact you speak of to people like you? Elaborate upon 'roleplay' as your reasoning, as it's pretty vague and I still don't know why.

People worry about hoarding as much gear as possible and dont do anything else no rp just want more loot

• Diamond

I can agree....how much modified should be disscused further though. +1

• Sapphire
11 hours ago, Riley said:

I'd like for the civilian tent to be easier to carry around, so it could be moved more easily to make camp without as much effort. I hate needing a massive back pack to carry the civilian tent around. I would be fine with decreasing the amount of slots in a tent to balance this change, but I think eliminating all storage is a bit extreme. +1

I agree with this part, some tents cannot be attached to anything and take a lot of space, if its storage is modified, perhaps the size can also be tampered. 

20 hours ago, Dan said:

Just get rid of tents as a whole tbh dont need any storage

That's not necessary

21 hours ago, TryaxReck said:

-snip-

People found their use more as deployable hoarding material, whilst actual storage items exist plenty.

22 hours ago, NinjaGriffon said:

+1, really think this would be great for RP, although I do believe it should still have some storage for the roaming types that break camp and move every day, but don't want to necessarily carry everything with them all the time.

Which is why one of the proposition is to reduce to a # that would feel more fitting and be less used for storage space for 10 guns.

1 hour ago, Pepsi said:

People found their use more as deployable hoarding material, whilst actual storage items exist plenty.

Yeah but what does this suggestion do for RP if you still gotta lug around a 10kg tent that fills up half your inventory space though? If what you want is to roleplay with a tent item,

A) why would tent space matter 

B) why not petition for the tent to be more suited for rp via adjusting size / weight

Not really against this idea, the points are fine (plenty of storage already as you said) but i don't see tents being used for "roleplay purposes" if you dont also modify the weight and size of it. Unless your just tired of seeing tents in apartments, then idk.

Life is pain riley stole my clout for the inventory space idea. Ignore the rambling thanks

12 hours ago, ThatGuyJacob said:

People worry about hoarding as much gear as possible and dont do anything else no rp just want more loot

ya ease of access to a lot of storage usually means that people are incentivized to fill it up to the max. cant argue w/ you there

Edited by TryaxReck
self-absorbed didnt read post properly

I agree that tents should have no storage at all, lockers and other storage options are available for people to store their shit and if they are unlucky to find these, traders exist...

• 5 weeks later...
  • Sapphire

This suggestion has garnered some votes, but I believe it could be discussed some more. Perhaps a last round of gathering attention?