Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 23:15

Adding walking sticks/crutches?

AlwaysGamer

Should there be a Walking stick and Crutches items?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Titanium
Posted (edited)

I don't know if there's already a mod for that but, for all the old man and the people that actually RP getting shot or having a broken leg and using crutches. Is it possible to have a mod for a crutch or a walking stick that, instead of holding it like how we currently hold the stick, it could be aimed towards the ground. It could be the same for the crutches but the best would be to have it under the armpit but I understand that it might be difficult to do.

Β 

Edit : Added a poll. Completely forgot to make one sorry.

Edit 2: What if we just get a reskin of maybe the Hockey stick to look more like a cane/walking stick? Just the reskin, no need to change its position in the hand.Β 

Edited by AlwaysGamer
  • MVP
14 minutes ago, AlwaysGamer said:

I don't know if there's already a mod for that but, for all the old man and the people that actually RP getting shot or having a broken leg and using crutches. Is it possible to have a mod for a crutch or a walking stick that, instead of holding it like how we currently hold the stick, it could be aimed towards the ground. It could be the same for the crutches but the best would be to have it under the armpit but I understand that it might be difficult to do.

Cant do custom animations for DayZ rn so its not possible to make something that looks conving as crutches imo.

• MVP

I would love to give @Woody’s old decrepit ass a proper walking stick, but as Misho said it’s not currently possible to make a convincing walking stick. Sadly it’ll just be up to your imagination

• Titanium

Added a Poll.
I know we can't add animation but, would it be possible to add an item that looks like a walking stick and have it to be vertical in your character's hand? Cause right now, your character is holding a stick horizontally so unless you emote it, it looks wonky.

This seems like a good idea and could benefit the roleplay on server.

• Emerald

I like this idea +1 It could add a lot more aspect to injury RP

• Diamond

In the previous lore wipe, when I was wandering around on crutches with my leg missing, RPing that I was on crutches was a real bitch sometimes. I had to make my own rules for how to play. Would've loved to see something like this.

Unfortunately as both Misho and Whitename said, it's not possible. I'm no dev but I think the closest animation would be when someone aims down with a rifle, but I don't think you can model or animate anything off that. So sadly, -1.

• Emerald

Β 

As much as I would love a "Woody" walking stick to be added, for selfish reasons I have to vote -1.Β I prefer the uniqueness of using a large sharpened stick that allows me to stand out in aΒ  crowd.

Β 

• Sapphire

I think this would be a great addition for medical roleplay and if players decide they want to be an older person the walking stick is perfect for itΒ 

Β 

star wars GIF

• Titanium

Added an edit.Β