Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 23:10

Add a medical face shield to the store?

Cal

Medical Face Shield  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Game Master

Hello everyone,

I was browsing the store, and noticed we have a full outfit of medical scrubs and surgical masks for those wonderful medical RPers roaming chernarus.
Something we do not have however, is a medical face shield - I understand its a little bit to late now in the lore to just all of the sudden see these start popping up, but we could find a work around for that.
I'm not a devolper, so I am not sure how much work would be needed to add it - but since we already have the welding mask, it could just be a retexture.

Here is a picture for reference,
faceshield.jpg.e20d45a90e111150b4214a0ca6e241bd.jpg

Would this be something that you'd like to see added? Is there any point in adding it this late in the lore?
Let me know what you think!

• Diamond

I am unsure, a little on the fence about this as we already have medical facemasks of one type in the game. It really all depends if this is a item lots of people in the community feel like they would like ^^ As to wether its in higher demand or not. 

I can see it's uses though for sure!

• Sapphire

I think itll be cool to have however as @DrLettuce said it may be something that isnt used as much because we already have face masks

Never the less tho i think it'd be a cool addition

star wars GIF

• Lore Master
Posted (edited)

I'm always down for more clothing options, including facial gear. So for that reason, I voted yes. That being said, from a medical stand point, face shields would only really be used under rare circumstances. They'd look cool, sure, but they're not a sealed shield, and would predominantly be used when dealing with contagions that aren't airborne, ie: splatter, droplets, or otherwise. You wouldn't wear a face shield during a surgical procedure, or for most medical encounters at least within a clinical setting.

"Face shields are personal protective equipment devices that are used by many workers (e.g., medical, dental, veterinary) for protection of the facial area and associated mucous membranes (eyes, nose, mouth) from splashes, sprays, and spatter of body fluids. Face shields are generally not used alone, but in conjunction with other protective equipment and are therefore classified as adjunctive personal protective equipment. Although there are millions of potential users of face shields, guidelines for their use vary between governmental agencies and professional societies and little research is available regarding their efficacy." Source

Edited by Niveous