Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 09:57

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 9 hours, 2 minutes | Nyheim City

Journals and notes

Hello! 🙂 

I have some questions: 

I have found an old journal (a book that takes 2 slots in the inventory) and I wanted to write in it like a real diary. But it doesn't work. I tried adding paper in it, doesn't work either.. 

Is this item not usable? Is it just for the purpose to "act like a real diary"? 

- If the old journal doesn't work, where can I store the notes I have written? Is there another item like a real journal that we can interact with? 

- I also found The Lord of The Rings, can't read it. I guess it's because of the owner's rights? 

I hope I'm in the right section of the forum. Forgive me if I'm not. 😞 

• Lore Master

Books within the game are not functional to that regard. Its more of an RP perspective than a gameplay mechanic. The notes you've written in game you can either store on your person, or, in a storage container of some sort within the game. Alternatively if you want them found, you can leave them lying around somewhere for someone to stumble upon.

• MVP

Books used to be readable in-game, I'm not sure what changed but I imagine it's something to do with copyright issues. As for your journal, you can carry it on your person and "write" it in the stores and journals sub-forum, but sadly in-game you cannot interact with it beyond that. If you ever find yourself in a situation where someone finds your journal and emotes something along the lines of "*opens the journal and begins reading it* //what would it say?" you are able to use text roleplay to convey what would be written inside of it.

As for the forum section, a Moderator can always move this to the Questions forum once they see this. 😊

• Game Master

//moved to questions.

2 hours ago, Leelith said:

--snip--

As @cas said above, it doesn't have an in-game use, its a roleplay item. You can write the actual journal on the journal sections on the forums. 

7 minutes ago, cas said:

Books used to be readable in-game, I'm not sure what changed but I imagine it's something to do with copyright issues.

I had no idea books used to ever be useable or did anything aside from being an RP item 😄 

• Diamond
1 hour ago, Rover said:

I had no idea books used to ever be useable or did anything aside from being an RP item 😄 

The books in the vanilla game were all from Project Gutenberg, which is how they got the rights to put them in game in the first place. I'd imagine they dropped them around the same time they changed all the weapon names.  

Cool thing is you can still just open your overlay and read the books on Gutenberg.