Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 21:34

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
ONGOING | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Ends in 55 minutes | Nyheim City

Wipe loot/server and change loot spawn?

Wipe loot?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is way too much loot owned by the people of the server right now. Almost everyone on the server is running around with the FAL/Scar and rocket launcher meta (which is also a problem) and if they lose that they instantly have another set waiting for them at their base. A couple of days ago I raided a base and they had around like 25 rockets and like an insane amount of guns, explosives, and other gear. The amount of stuff they had made it look like they have been their for years just collecting supplies, but the reality is, is that I can just make a run up the the Airfield or tissy and pretty consistently find rockets, launchers, PKPs, FALs, and a whole lot of high tier gear. I miss the old days where everyone is running around with AKMs and AK-74s with the occasional M4, and if you ever hear a FAL you start shitting bricks. now days every one just has all the high tier loot and not even breaking a sweat because they know that if they die, they just have another set waiting at their stash for them. I think the highest tier of loot, the end game best weapons in the game, should not be just running around as much as they are. I think that rare good guns, should be RARE. And that rocket PvP shouldn't even be a thing because of how scarce they are to come by. In conclusion, Everyone has too much gear, and the best gear there is, is too easy to find and everyone has, and their should be a wipe to all of it, and the high tier loot made rarer.

If everyone is high loot gaming, no one is high loot gaming.

• Sapphire

I voted for wiping the server and changing the loot spawns. 

Personally I believe the full auto .308/7.62x54 weapon spawns need to be toned down since they are the best guns in the game. I think spawns for guns like the AKM or M4 should should stay similar to what they are now, so people aren't struggling too hard to find decent rifles all the time. Furthermore, the RPG/LAW should be even more rare than the full auto .308/7.62x54 weapons. They seem so common right now multiple people are using them in a single firefight, and it just isn't right. Along with these changes to the spawns a server wipe would be a nice fresh start. 

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

Should have been a wipe when Namalsk was made a second priority.

Edited by Eagle
  • Diamond

I've seen more of those colorful smoke grenades for the grenade launcher than ammo for rifles. But I'm of the belief that if loot is plentiful and not an issue, less people will hoard and will focus on RP. I saw this on Namalsk. I don't want a wipe with the current loot spawns. If I have to spebds hours regearing for food and meds and looking for a knife sheath, I will not support a wipe. 

But let's up the spawn of western weapons, like the M4 and it's mags. Even them out with eastern weapons. 

• Emerald
3 hours ago, PATRIOT said:

I've seen more of those colorful smoke grenades for the grenade launcher than ammo for rifles. But I'm of the belief that if loot is plentiful and not an issue, less people will hoard and will focus on RP. I saw this on Namalsk. I don't want a wipe with the current loot spawns. If I have to spebds hours regearing for food and meds and looking for a knife sheath, I will not support a wipe. 

But let's up the spawn of western weapons, like the M4 and it's mags. Even them out with eastern weapons. 

I dont know about the western weapons you have a trader for that

• MVP

Wiping won't fix anything if the loot tables aren't changed. We will wipe and then in a weeks time shit will get back to normal. As long as I can find a Scar at the airfield the loot table will remain broken.

• Sapphire

I’d say it would be good to wipe and change up the spawns because I’m not finding much of anything recently wether that’s just my luck of the server I don’t know 

• Sapphire

I might need to do a run with you if you're finding Fals.  I have never found a fal in 20+ tisy runs.  I also haven't found any rpgs, minus the 1 I found at a heli crash, in weeks.  I think it should take less time to gear up, like on namalsk.

• MVP

Yes wipe it all and remove all spawns. RPGs should be 2.99$ per rocket in the itemshop.

But yes, not sure how long it will take for Whitenames loot changes to take effect if its not wiped. And the highest tier weapons and mags should really be rare spawns on heli crashes.

• Titanium

For sure we should wipe, both the RPGs and the scars are out of hand.

Call me salty, but in the 4 firefights I've died in over the past month, 3 of the deaths have been to rockets💀

+1

• Emerald

maybe a clean would be a good idea, I would also love to see Addons/Mods others have suggested that have a High Vote on yes to be added with the wipe too

• Sapphire

Remove everything and only keep the Benelli, then people will appreciate my shotgun for what it is 

• Sapphire

I voted to wipe the server with no loot spawn change. I agree with some of these reasons as to why there should be a wipe, but I think its about time the server gets a wipe. To be quite honest, I have looted NWAF at least 4 times and could not find this abundance of Scars, RPGs, PKPs, or even FALs. The only thing I find in abundance of is tracer ammo, Rocket ammo, Grenade launcher ammo, .338 Lapua, AK-74's (and its many variants), M16A4s, and MP5A4 (which for some reason I cant find any fucking mags for). I have found a total of 2 PKPs in the 4 or 5 times since I had looted NWAF.

I've also been to Tisy several times, could not find anything besides M16A4s, AK-74s and the occassional M1A or M14. 

• Emerald

I know @Whitename has changed the values on some spawns but like @Misho said, it's all too saturated and to see some changes we'll need a wipe. 

@Whitename's changes are at least better than what we had recently, there just needs to be a fresh wipe to show those changes

+1

• Owner

Both FAL and SCAR are already super rare, with just one spawning every 4 hours in one of the high end military zones.

Just recently there was a thread suggesting all buildings are empty and there is no loot to be found anywhere, now we have a thread complaining how much loot everyone has? 😄 Which one is it?

• Emerald
Just now, Roland said:

Both FAL and SCAR are already super rare, with just one spawning every 4 hours in one of the high end military zones.

Just recently there was a thread suggesting all buildings are empty and there is no loot to be found anywhere, now we have a thread complaining how much loot everyone has? 😄 Which one is it?

It's not that there's an abundance of loot but that the hoarding that happened when loot was abundant means that there hasn't been any visible change when the loot tables were altered. A wipe would fix that 

• Titanium
2 minutes ago, Roland said:

The buildings are empty because everyone has too much loot. Those two issues are not synonymous. 

Everyone hoards and over a long period of time the loot table becomes skewered resulting in most the loot pooling in a dozen or so bases, providing immense resources for the powerful. This leaves very little for new players and people without bases which results in complaints of loot being scarce.

On a server that focuses on RP and not looting/firefights, the occasional wipe seems like a healthy option.

• Sapphire
2 minutes ago, ImTree said:

The buildings are empty because everyone has too much loot. Those two issues are not synonymous. 

tbh, I cant even remember the last time I found Metal Wire. I 100% believe someone is hoarding items such as Metal Wire and Canteens, because holy fuck they are hard to fucking come across. I can vouch for these claims, pls wipe the server 

• Titanium

As someone who is building a small base to store medical supplies (not weapons or gear), I think wipes will hurt our RP. Like for Chistyy we're supposed to be collecting supplies on a timed schedule as well as progressive goals that stack, so I'm not really good with more wipes. I think that people just need to stop hoarding guns and gear like they're in the military or in Arma. 

Hoarding is gonna happen though, I mean new people join the server daily... new groups too, who are whitenames to the 100%.

• Owner
8 minutes ago, ImTree said:

That's not how it works. Our loot table is set so that loot continues to spawn no matter how many items players hoard on their characters or inside storage/vehicles.

• Lore Master
4 minutes ago, SGCAlamor said:

As someone who is building a small base to store medical supplies (not weapons or gear), I think wipes will hurt our RP. Like for Chistyy we're supposed to be collecting supplies on a timed schedule as well as progressive goals that stack, so I'm not really good with more wipes. I think that people just need to stop hoarding guns and gear like they're in the military or in Arma. 

Hoarding is gonna happen though, I mean new people join the server daily... new groups too, who are whitenames to the 100%.

Exactly this. If a wipe only targeted weaponry? Sure, I'd be down for that, but otherwise? All that time we've invested in getting medical supplies for our group would go down the drain. If it were an IC raid, obviously I wouldn't mind. A wipe taking away those sweet sweet medical RP items? I'd probably cry a little.

• Game Master
1 hour ago, Roland said:

If possible, they should remain a helicopter only spawn. Not entirely certain how this works but it worked to keep the FAL a rare but welcome sight prior to the saturation of .308 guns in the game. Same with rocket launchers. Anyone can farm Tisy, NWAF etc but its much harder to farm heli spawns that have unreliable loot and may not even be there to begin with.

As for the PKP, doesn't need to be in the game honestly, 100 rounds of 7.62x54, 0 recoil and mad range is quite nutty with very little drawback other than the weight. 

I'd like a wipe of characters and containers, even though it would suck since we've spent a good while building, loot economy health and player enjoyment should come first.

I wouldn't mind a wipe, everything can be found again anyhow. Despite how rare things are set to be, due to hoarding, they're still very prevalent. As for additional changes to the loot table, I'd like to see a decrease in rocket launcher spawns.

1 hour ago, ImTree said:

On a server that focuses on RP and not looting/firefights, the occasional wipe seems like a healthy option.

I agree with this.

I am very much for a wipe.
However, I feel it is necessary to clarify that I only want to see Weapons, Ammunition and Rockets wiped, everything else isn't really part of the criticisms laid out by the OP and the focus seems to entirely be on Weapons and Rockets.

Also yes, I very much am on board with the FAL, SCAR and Rocket Launchers becoming a Helicopter Crash-only Spawn.

+1 for a Wipe if it is kept to just those things and nothing else.