Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 03:44

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 15 minutes | Nyheim City

S1 - The Apple Thief of Zelenogorsk ~ 18:00 Servertime

Ron

• MVP
Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1 - Zelenogorsk

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): roughly 18:00 Servertime

Your in game name: Anna Horacek

Names of allies involved: /

Name of suspect/s: Apple Thief

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): /

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): sound is fucked cause the wrong mic was being used in geforce - sorries.

Detailed description of the events: 

After switching my character & getting the right model set, I spawn in Zelenogorsk. I start to gear up. I loot the second house and am initiated on. I directly mute so I hear the voice of the apple thief over my discord chat. I am initiated on with a stone knife ( ... yeah, I know.)  I start my recording and ask the man what he wants. He tells me repeatedly to strip naked. To make sure I understood him right I ask him "Are you asking a woman to strip naked?", giving an option to correct his demand. He tells me to drop my clothes. At some point I understand he is starving. I tell him I wont strip that and that I can give him my food. I drop my apples. He takes them and leaves. He tells me "I dont want to see you again" , I tell him that counts for me too and the situation is over. 

I am quite speechless, tbh.

Edited by Ron
  • Administrator

POSITION LOGS

Spoiler
17:48:58 | Player "Anna Horacek" (pos=<2151.8, 6071.4, 314.7>)
17:53:57 | Player "Anna Horacek" (pos=<2565.9, 5494.1, 207.1>) < OP meets with accused
17:58:56 | Player "Anna Horacek" (pos=<2304.3, 5212.2, 185.5>)

17:48:58 | Player "Thomas Neill Cream" (pos=<2852.3, 5260.2, 204.9>)
17:53:57 | Player "Thomas Neill Cream" (pos=<2564.9, 5492.4, 207.1>) < Accused meets with OP
17:58:56 | Player "Thomas Neill Cream" (pos=<2169.1, 4221.2, 189.0>)

CONNECTION LOGS

Spoiler
17:29:29 | Player "Anna Horacek" is connected
18:13:29 | Player "Anna Horacek" has been disconnected

17:14:56 | Player "Thomas Neill Cream" is connected
18:54:49 | Player "Thomas Neill Cream" has been disconnected

Calling in the following people for their full and detailed POVs and any unedited video evidence they may have

@Ron | Anna Horacek - OP
@Drake880 | Thomas Neill Cream - Posted

What exactly is the problem here? I was on red food and couldn't find anything in that whole city so I was quite desperate, i'm not fucking in to erp so you can back off with that.  

And I know how to roleplay, I wasn't gonna take all your clothes and leave you with nothing. Shoot if you ban me over an apple! 

Edited by Drake880
  • Administrator
Just now, Drake880 said:

What exactly is the problem here? I was on red food and couldn't find anything in that whole city so I was quite desperate, i'm not fucking in to erp so you can back off with that.  

Thank you for explaining your motivations, but this is not a POV. Please provide us with a proper POV of the situation.

• MVP
3 minutes ago, Drake880 said:

And I know how to roleplay, I wasn't gonna take all your clothes and leave you with nothing. Shoot if you ban me over an apple! 

I am not reporting you for an attempt of erp or for stealing the apples.
I am reporting because your role play in the situation - you decided to turn hostile - lasted less then 60 seconds and that was quiet disappointing & sad.

Sorry, I was on yellow hunger approaching the city. Once I entered I searched about every single building there to find not one piece of food, I was roaming the outskirts of the city (now on red food) and saw her walking down the street and entering a house. I go into the house and decided to hold her up with the only weapon I had, I didn't have any rope so I told her to drop her clothes so I could check what was inside, she argued so I spit out that I needed food and that I was starving. She dropped her food and that was that, I had no intentions of doing anything fucked up just needed some food, and my character is insane he will do anything to survive. 

1 hour ago, Ron said:

I am not reporting you for an attempt of erp or for stealing the apples.
I am reporting because your role play in the situation - you decided to turn hostile - lasted less then 60 seconds and that was quiet disappointing & sad.

I'm not to sure what you wanted me to do? You were a fresh spawn and I was a fresh spawn, what am I gonna do interrogate you? I needed food and nothing else, I wanted to get in and out with no harm done to the victim, now if we both were set up and I had a reason to rob/interrogate you then by all means I would give you the best role play youve seen. 

Edited by Drake880
  • MVP
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Drake880 said:

I'm not to sure what you wanted me to do? 

I want you to role play with me. Because this is a role play server. If I want 30 sec interactions - I can join a public server.

I was a fresh spawn

Spoiler

fa6e683157.png

if we both were set up 

We both logged in. We were both set.

I needed food and nothing else, I wanted to get in and out with no harm done to the victim, now if we both were set up and I had a reason to rob/interrogate you then by all means I would give you the best role play youve seen. 

What was the direct turn into hostility good for? Why not ask me for food and initiate if I deny to give you some -  No matter what kind of approach tbh: why not stay for some role play? This is an interaction focused server. You had the perfect situation to give me the best you got. Again, sadly you did last less then 60 sec's.

I hope I worded it better for you now. Maybe my POV did not make it clear enough what I was expecting/why I am reporting this situation. Tl;dr: I am reporting a 5-sec-robbery & the attempt to strip a character naked aka BadRP. For the last one mentioned, pls staff consider: He demanded it, I refused and he did not kill me for it. 

Edited by Ron
14 hours ago, Ron said:

I want you to role play with me. Because this is a role play server. If I want 30 sec interactions - I can join a public server.

Reveal hidden contents

fa6e683157.png

We both logged in. We were both set.

What was the direct turn into hostility good for? Why not ask me for food and initiate if I deny to give you some -  No matter what kind of approach tbh: why not stay for some role play? This is an interaction focused server. You had the perfect situation to give me the best you got. Again, sadly you did last less then 60 sec's.

I hope I worded it better for you now. Maybe my POV did not make it clear enough what I was expecting/why I am reporting this situation. Tl;dr: I am reporting a 5-sec-robbery & the attempt to strip a character naked aka BadRP. For the last one mentioned, pls staff consider: He demanded it, I refused and he did not kill me for it. 

Like I said, my character is insane. He doesn't want be friendly whatsoever whenever he is in danger, but if I get banned over stealing an apple I guess its fate. 

• MVP
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Drake880 said:

Like I said, my character is insane. He doesn't want be friendly whatsoever whenever he is in danger, but if I get banned over stealing an apple I guess its fate. 

You wont get banned for stealing. You might get banned for BadRP which is caused by your own actions of not showing effort to rp.  A character backstory - insane or not- doesn't cause immunity from the rules. My character is a religious fanatic & racist - still doesn't give me the right for "I don't like you , bye."- RP. It actually creates a rp base to develop some interesting story from. I did my part to try and explain it to you, i hope the GM team have better words for this. I will stop clustering this now.

Edited by Ron
  • Administrator

VERDICT

@Drake880 | BadRP - GUILTY

SUMMARY

After attempting to get the correct character model, @Ron respawns in Zelenogorsk. While looting houses, @Drake880 comes up on her and demands that she drops all of her clothing, to which Ron refuses. Drake880 then says he is starving to which Ron drops him two apples, and Drake880 runs out of the house insisting he doesn't want to see her again.

BadRP | The duration of the interaction, as well as the demand for your hostage to remove all of their clothing is the main reason for this outcome, @Drake880.

1. Firstly, it is prohibited to demand your hostage to strip all of their clothes, for the simple reason that it doesn't make sense, and may create scenarios where the party being robbed may feel uncomfortable. If you wish to see what people have in their inventory, you can tie them up or pat them down looking for specific things, such as in this case, you could have emoted something along the lines of "*Pats down for food.* //do I find any?" at which point, you could demand the hostage drop all of their food. Alternatively, you can simply tie them up to check their inventory. 
  2. The duration of the overall situation is also a problem here. It seems to last no more than a minute, a minute and a half at most. This is not an acceptable duration for a robbery where the conclusion is "I don't wanna see you again." It is expected that when you engage in a hostile action with another player, you provide them with good roleplay. Duration does not always equate to quality, however this situation was far too short. Instead of taking Ron's food and running away, what you could have done instead was talk to her. Engage in a conversation, questioning, and so on. Simply robbing Ron for her food then running away as soon as you got what you wanted is not acceptable, it is expected that you at least engage with the hostage before you leave.

Lastly we'd like to address something which you brought up in one of your replies. Being a fresh spawn does not remove the requirement for you to roleplay. Just because you are a fresh spawn and "want to get it over with" doesn't give you justification to do robberies such as this one. When you are on the server, you are always in character, you are always expected to be providing good quality roleplay, whether as a fresh spawn or as a fully geared player.

OUTCOME

@Drake880 | BadRP - 5 day ban, 10 warning points & character reset.

Signed by @Duplessis and @Rover