Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 11:58

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 7 hours, 1 minute | Nyheim City

Help me explain to my friend why we don't mention government in this server

So I need help explaining to my friend why they can't tell people I'm working for the government of Chernarus to complete a census. They tell everybody I ask to interview that it's that and they instantly start getting slighting aggressive and defensive.

So I beg you to help me explain why they need to stop calling it a government census.

• Sapphire

Hey!

First, I think this is for the questions forums, and secondly, I would argue that because of the current lore, there aren't any government-related people in Chernarus except for strictly lore-related events and characters. People might just not be taking you seriously. That's my take on it, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Angel said:

Hey!

First, I think this is for the questions forums, and secondly, I would argue that because of the current lore, there aren't any government-related people in Chernarus except for strictly lore-related events and characters. People might just not be taking you seriously. That's my take on it, anyway.

I'll add onto this, although it mostly covers what I'd say.

Anti-Government sentiment's pretty high as well; there's a reason why the CLF are allied with the groups that constitute 'society' atm. Saying it to the wrong people at the wrong time could get you thrown off a tower by some angry locals.

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

@FallenAngel There is currently an event being ran by @Pepsi who is the Privisional President of the country and my character who is Prime Minister. We never agreed to start taking a census. If you want to get involved in this event, you should speak to Pepsi. If you can't reach him, just hit me up via Discord. I can help ya out and pass on to him when he becomes available. 

Edited by PATRIOT

Because the government has done more fuck ups and this is how Chernarus is looking atm. Their general poor handling of the situation was bad and generally people, Chernarussians and not are not too fond of a it. Then there is also the fact this government was a puppet for Russia and they just bootlicked what they were told to do.

Ofcourse, props to @Pepsi for trying to build a new government, but he has alot of work in front of him only to make sure people can trust his leadership and decision making.

11 hours ago, Wbtrex said:

I'll add onto this, although it mostly covers what I'd say.

Anti-Government sentiment's pretty high as well; there's a reason why the CLF are allied with the groups that constitute 'society' atm. Saying it to the wrong people at the wrong time could get you thrown off a tower by some angry locals.

Exactly I tried explaining to them that they gonna get me shot😂

All of the above, and the simple fact that some random stranger taking names and a good look of your face may have people suspicious that said information may be used nefariously. Nefarious people themselves don't want their names out there either, go figure. 

Not quite due to the government directly, but definitely an offshoot of the same tree.

Edited by TryaxReck
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, TryaxReck said:

All of the above, and the simple fact that some random stranger taking names and a good look of your face may have people suspicious that said information may be used nefariously. Nefarious people themselves don't want their names out there either, go figure. 

Not quite due to the government directly, but definitely an offshoot of the same tree.

I’m doing like a non-government census for the history of what happens here after the outbreak occurred and I’ll release it when I’m done for everybody to read.

It will be awhile but I will get it done. Just they say oh yea he is doing a government census. Like, are you trying to get me shot or beaten?.

There is nothing government or group related reason behind it. It brings roleplay opportunities, character developments, and just makes it to where I have a chance to make a name for myself/people to get to know me.

@PATRIOT

Edited by FallenAngel
  • Sapphire

@AndreyQ

Mr president. your take on this ?

• MVP

Hello. Mr. President here.

I don't seem to get what the issue is. I don't think anyone can stop you from doing a census. Of course people IG might be a bit sketched out and not like it but you can still go ahead and try doing it.

• Diamond

Because the lore is too restrictive

/thread

• Diamond

A census is just a demographic survey, so there's really no reason you can't perform one on your own. You can certainly lie about being from the government, but governments and militaries are run by the loremasters so that everyone is on the same page and the introduction of some foreign or domestic military force doesn't completely upend the lore they're working on. It allows them to say "No, actually, you weren't sent here by the Australian military to investigate Chedaki war crimes against koalas."

30 minutes ago, Millie said:

A census is just a demographic survey, so there's really no reason you can't perform one on your own. You can certainly lie about being from the government, but governments and militaries are run by the loremasters so that everyone is on the same page and the introduction of some foreign or domestic military force doesn't completely upend the lore they're working on. It allows them to say "No, actually, you weren't sent here by the Australian military to investigate Chedaki war crimes against koalas."

It’s not a census , they just call it one. It’s for the history books after the outbreak blows over, if it blows over.