Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 03:52

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 7 minutes | Nyheim City

Head on a spike

tripzkill

Add in HeadOnSpike  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

So here is something everyone in dayz has probably heard *ahem* " I'm going to put your head on a spike if I see your face around here."* and scene*  So we have heard that but their is no option to do that in game sure we get their skulls but we cant put them on pike and thats just no fun. That why today Im here to give you head on a pike mode. This mod does everything need a weapon headonspike got you covered, Need it to do your taxes, walk you dog, look after your kids, or even better just some décor for that base of yours. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2416504331

Note headonspike will not due your Taxes

image.png.9d720b96d6e3a01c422038e971e84c36.pngimage.png.f11a539af529d94bf3f7529158a7bff2.pngimage.png.04c346101fcc2e37301a28e1bafaff16.pngimage.png.e4fd9521ab0425b573361ad1c401eba2.png

Edited by tripzkill
  • Diamond

Such barbarism. This is not suitable for the world and era. 

Let's add it! 

Can the spears be used as weapons too? 

• Sapphire
1 minute ago, PATRIOT said:

Such barbarism. This is not suitable for the world and era. 

Let's add it! 

Can the spears be used as weapons too? 

yes

I foresee some complications with this, perhaps leading to some very odd scenarios where people would brutalize someone by putting their head on a pike only to then claim, "It was for the meme!" but-

I don't see why not.
+1

• Diamond

I am unsure personally if this is something the server needs, an entire mod just to be able to put a head/skull on a stick essentially but I can see the roleplay uses of it for savagely brutal themed groups. If a majority of people think this is something they'd like to see then go ahead.

• MVP

So I'm guessing this vote is head on a spike

and not hand on a pike?

Spoiler

image.png.48169bfe5acf2f9c94d4de74ccf9534e.png

Damn, I was thinking it was more fishing mods which I would have voted yes for. For the whole skull on a spike I don't think this is something that I would see at the current moment in the lore unless some group popped up and started chopping heads off and putting them on spikes. This is a -1 for me because it just looks like it's something that belongs on that island with Indiana Jones and not Chernarus imo pal.

• Emerald

Hell nah bro, I can already see all whitenames in RP hubs carrying a spear with a skull, this legit wouldn't promote a good atmosphere, if anything, it would promote more cringeness IC.

• Titanium

I voted no because of the aesthetic. I think it's a neat idea, especially for hubs.. but it looks like something off of Conan the Barbarian. I also tend to agree with others that it would be widely misused by the newer players to this community, even though it would add dramatic effect to PKs. 

• MVP

Things like this, whilst they can add an interesting and "spooky" aesthetic to places just simply would not work here.

For a head to be on a spike, someone has to have their head cut off. We all know that only roughly 1/1000 people in this community are actually open to PKing their characters, so I just think this would be a waste of resources for the server. We already have some performance issues as is, no need to add to the load with unnecessary additions that don't really drive roleplay or QoL.

• Diamond

This would be a good addition for those groups that need more intimidation in their RP.  Might make PKing characters more interesting maybe making it some people can recognize whose head is on that spike.  But I can also see it making a uncomfortable RP environment with its misuse.

• Sapphire

i think this mod would be a brilliant addition for those groups that are either cannibals or savages. it would bring some amazing roleplay.

It always depends on how its used, but it could benefit certain roleplay elements if used properly.

+1

I personally think that yes, although it is hard to get people to pk their characters, that should not be a deterrent from adding an mod that allows for more enriching (and hostile) roleplay. People already come up with elaborate excuses: Cuts up and throws body parts away "I think he is just unconscious!" There has always been a necessary suspension of disbelief, and I don't think adding this mod will exacerbate the problem to some sort of breaking point. Cannibal characters that I have seen (which I will admit, has only been one) already had to roleplay that the meat they cooked and fed us was not, in fact, chevron steaks- but secretly human flesh. In my opinion, what is the harm in a little more pretending?

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

-USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST-

Edited by Cub
  • Emerald

As stated somewhere above, having a bunch of people run around with these would ruin the atmosphere. However, if these were implemented as world props around the map, and not as props players can interact with, running into them would be cool. For example, they'd work the same way as the sacrificial alters dotted around do. 
With that being said, an entire mod for one aspect is overkill.